End of Season Awards... yep it's over

Even the most positive fan can't stomach this happy horseshit. Now that we are "healthy", it's official... We suck when hurt and when healthy. There needs to be a housecleaning with coaches, and new talent brought in... especially on D.

So here are my end of season awards to this team;

to the Bengals in whole;

[img]http://www.unknownscreenwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stick-a-fork-in-it-tn.jpg[/img]
Stick a fork in this season, with malice

To Marvin Lewis;

[img]http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/36/99/22269936.jpg[/img]
You REALLY pussed out on those 4th downs.

To Bratkowski, Bresnahan, and ALL the defensive coaches;

[img]http://www.exceler8ion.com/wp-images/pink-slip.jpg[/img]
Got moving van?

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='580397' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:09 PM']Even the most positive fan can't stomach this happy horseshit. Now that we are "healthy", it's official... We suck when hurt and when healthy. There needs to be a housecleaning with coaches, and new talent brought in... especially on D.

So here are my end of season awards to this team;

to the Bengals in whole;

[img]http://www.unknownscreenwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/stick-a-fork-in-it-tn.jpg[/img]
Stick a fork in this season, with malice

To Marvin Lewis;

[img]http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/36/99/22269936.jpg[/img]
You REALLY pussed out on those 4th downs.

To Bratkowski, Bresnahan, and ALL the defensive coaches;

[img]http://www.exceler8ion.com/wp-images/pink-slip.jpg[/img]
Got moving van?[/quote]

how are we healthy?

on offense we are missing a RT, and our #1, #2, #3 RB's, and our #3, #4 WR's,

on defense we are missing: our #1(brooks) #2(thurman)#3(pollack)#5(miller)#6(henderson) LB's

several special teamers as well, as schegal, jones, blue adams, all have jobs here for those reasons.

healthy he said

we could actually lose 2 more games and still make the playoffs, and we play no one better than the steelers for the rest of the year.

i doubt we do. but its not "impossible"

if we can wiggle past the fucking bills, we get henry back for the ravens game and one would assume miller and brooks would return as well by then... we could go 6-2 in the 2nd half if we got some presence on D back.

or if the refs stopped fucking us.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='580405' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:39 PM']how are we healthy?

on defense we are missing: our #1(brooks) #2(thurman)#3(pollack)#5(miller)#6(henderson) LB's

several special teamers as well, as schegal, jones, blue adams, all have jobs here for those reasons.

healthy he said

we could actually lose 2 more games and still make the playoffs, and we play no one better than the steelers for the rest of the year.

if we can wiggle past the fucking bills, we get henry back for the ravens game and one would assume miller and brooks would return as well by then... we could go 6-2 in the 2nd half if we got some presence on D back.

or if the refs stopped fucking us.[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='580405' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:39 PM']how are we healthy?

healthy he said

6-2 second half??? more like 2-6 if theyre lucky.
this is a bad team.. defensive line sucks, safties dont know the meaning of hit and the offense
is like a deer in the headlights in the redzone..
Sugar coat it all you want but Lewis is not a good coach.
We cant play the NFCN division every year.. take those 4 wins out of the equasion and this team
is 16-19 ..
They are making a profit and thats all Mikey cares about..
Dont forget to get your Fanene and Rucker jerseys in the proshop on your way out.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='580409' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:44 PM']6-2 second half??? more like 2-6 if theyre lucky.
this is a bad team.. defensive line sucks, safties dont know the meaning of hit and the offense
is like a deer in the headlights in the redzone..
Sugar coat it all you want but Lewis is not a good coach.
We cant play the NFCN division every year.. take those 4 wins out of the equasion and this team
is 16-19 ..
They are making a profit and thats all Mikey cares about..
Dont forget to get your Fanene and Rucker jerseys in the proshop on your way out.[/quote]

thats ignorant as can be. this foolishness isnt really worth responding to anymore.

not smart enough to understand the game? BLAME THE OWNERSSZZ!111111

HE MAKEZ TEH PROFITZZ!!!111111

Today's game was a total coaching flub.

You don't give up on 4th and 1 when it's a division foe and in your house and you want to keep confidence in your players...YOU JUST DON"T FUCKING DO IT!

I am almost to the point to say fuck it and start rooting for the Steelers also. They do one thing and that's be in the mix most of the time. They have a system and stick with it.

Marvin is from pissburgh and maybe he still wants to see them do well. Maybe that's why we can't beat them here. I just don't know.

I am sick of it too. <_<

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='580413' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:49 PM']Today's game was a total coaching flub.

You don't give up on 4th and 1 when it's a division foe and in your house and you want to keep confidence in your players...YOU JUST DON"T FUCKING DO IT!

I am almost to the point to say fuck it and start rooting for the Steelers also. They do one thing and that's be in the mix most of the time. They have a system and stick with it.

Marvin is from pissburgh and maybe he still wants to see them do well. Maybe that's why we can't beat them here. I just don't know.

I am sick of it too. <_<[/quote]

it put us within a touchdown with 2 minutes in half and the ball coming to us after the half. could we have let them NOT score in 2 minutes, we woulda been one score down with the ball in hand.. instead of 4th and 1 against one of the best defenses in the league. not a gimme call either way. but thats a tough one to argue against either way.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='580413' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:49 PM']Today's game was a total coaching flub.

[b]I am almost to the point to say fuck it and start rooting for the Steelers also.[/b] They do one thing and that's be in the mix most of the time. They have a system and stick with it.

[b]Marvin is from pissburgh and maybe he still wants to see them do well. [/b]Maybe that's why we can't beat them here. I just don't know.

I am sick of it too. <_<[/quote]

this is quite possibly the stupidest post ever.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='580419' date='Oct 28 2007, 04:51 PM']it put us within a touchdown with 2 minutes in half and the ball coming to us after the half. could we have let them NOT score in 2 minutes, we woulda been one score down with the ball in hand.. instead of 4th and 1 against one of the best defenses in the league. not a gimme call either way. but thats a tough one to argue against either way.[/quote]

But Marvin could plainly see that our Defense couldn't stop the steelers. It was OBVIOUS. At the very least, they would have had to go 98 yards in 2 minutes.

Instead, they get the ball at the 37 and score another TD. Total coaching mistake by Marvin. It showed he has no confidence in our supposed high powered offense and was demoralizing to the team.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='580433' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:59 PM'][b]But Marvin could plainly see that our Defense couldn't stop the steelers. It was OBVIOUS. [/b] At the very least, they would have had to go 98 yards in 2 minutes.

Instead, they get the ball at the 37 and score another TD. Total coaching mistake by Marvin. It showed he has no confidence in our supposed high powered offense and was demoralizing to the team.[/quote]
how the fuck so? the stealers had 3 possessions b4 that last possession in the first half correct? the first one we shut them down. the second one they only scored because of us getting fucked on the challenge. the third one they went down and scored. i didnt see our Defense playing bad that game going into 2 minutes left in the half.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='580440' date='Oct 28 2007, 05:05 PM']how the fuck so? the stealers had 3 possessions b4 that last possession in the first half correct? the first one we shut them down. the second one they only scored because of us getting fucked on the challenge. the third one they went down and scored. i didnt see our Defense playing bad that game going into 2 minutes left in the half.[/quote]

We didn't get fucked on the challenge...and even if we did, it would have only been second and 10. Sice they had NO PROBLEM making first downs against our crappy defense all day long, I have no doubt they would have scored another TD on their second possession.

They moved the ball at will today. There was NO PRESSURE on the QB at all during the first half, the corners were playing 10 yards off the receivers, and there was little if any blitzing. Marvin's 'bend, then break' defense depends on turnovers. When we don't get those, we have no chance.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' post='580447' date='Oct 28 2007, 06:12 PM'][b]We didn't get fucked on the challenge...and even if we did, it would have only been second and 10. Sice they had NO PROBLEM making first downs against our crappy defense all day long, I have no doubt they would have scored another TD on their second possession.[/b]

They moved the ball at will today. There was NO PRESSURE on the QB at all during the first half, the corners were playing 10 yards off the receivers, and there was little if any blitzing. Marvin's 'bend, then break' defense depends on turnovers. When we don't get those, we have no chance.[/quote]
they didnt the drive before. i dont see them doing it then either beecause we were still pumped. the D looked a lot different after that BS play.

healthy he said

On offense we are missing our RT who has [b]NOT[/b] played up to par all season long anyway. His backup has been better than him.
We are missing our [b]#1 RB[/b]... who wasn't performing when HE was healthy. [b]Watson is our #2 RB, because we have never been able to count on Perry or Irons.[/b]

Brooks was [b]CALLED[/b] the #1 LB, he has never performed like one. Pollack was NOT going to play anway. Thurman is as reliable as Bresnahan's playcalling, Miller is a STer [b]ONLY[/b], and Henderson was a totally unproven commodity.

[b]The guys we picked up off the street were more proven that ANY of the LB's we started the season with [/b]except Landon Johnson... and HE wasn't expected to be that good this year.

[b]Our D line is abysmal[/b]... Peko has potential and Geathers does too, but there is no one here to teach them. You have this manlove thing for Thornton... sorry, he sucks... [b]at best Thornton and Myers are decent back-ups.[/b]

Let's face it... the players we were counting on to make our defense better this year were [b]ALL[/b] hope projects. We had [b]NO proven NFL starting players at LB [/b](except Landon & Thurman, and we all know that Thurman is unreliable too), Geathers & Smith at DE, and Peko at DT. We had a second year CB, a veteran (Deltha) who was questionable at best, Hall has been starting, and our safeties are afraid to hit.

Go, our players on defense are [b]AVERAGE at best and the coaching sucks a big red donkey dick. All of the D coached need to go... now.[/b]The offense is talented (Watson IS better than Rudi... I am a believer now) but underachieving terribly. Bratkowski is a horrible play caller, the most predictable O coordinator I've ever seen.

Marvin has lost his balls... not going for it on at least three occasions today was gutless and cost us the game. I've taken off my orange and black colored glasses... so should the rest of Bengaldom.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='580453' date='Oct 28 2007, 06:22 PM']On offense we are missing our RT who has [b]NOT[/b] played up to par all season long anyway. His backup has been better than him.
We are missing our [b]#1 RB[/b]... who wasn't performing when HE was healthy. [b]Watson is our #2 RB, because we have never been able to count on Perry or Irons.[/b]

Brooks was [b]CALLED[/b] the #1 LB, he has never performed like one. Pollack was NOT going to play anway. Thurman is as reliable as Bresnahan's playcalling, Miller is a STer [b]ONLY[/b], and Henderson was a totally unproven commodity.

[b]The guys we picked up off the street were more proven that ANY of the LB's we started the season with [/b]except Landon Johnson... and HE wasn't expected to be that good this year.

[b]Our D line is abysmal[/b]... Peko has potential and Geathers does too, but there is no one here to teach them. You have this manlove thing for Thornton... sorry, he sucks... [b]at best Thornton and Myers are decent back-ups.[/b]

Let's face it... the players we were counting on to make our defense better this year were [b]ALL[/b] hope projects. We had [b]NO proven NFL starting players at LB [/b](except Landon & Thurman, and we all know that Thurman is unreliable too), Geathers & Smith at DE, and Peko at DT. We had a second year CB, a veteran (Deltha) who was questionable at best, Hall has been starting, and our safeties are afraid to hit.

Go, our players on defense are [b]AVERAGE at best and the coaching sucks a big red donkey dick. All of the D coached need to go... now.[/b]The offense is talented (Watson IS better than Rudi... I am a believer now) but underachieving terribly. Bratkowski is a horrible play caller, the most predictable O coordinator I've ever seen.

Marvin has lost his balls... not going for it on at least three occasions today was gutless and cost us the game. I've taken off my orange and black colored glasses... so should the rest of Bengaldom.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

I agree totally

but if you doubt marvin, Go and the others will just call u names and say u know nothing about football

<_<

[quote name='rudi32' post='580497' date='Oct 28 2007, 07:20 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

I agree totally

but if you doubt marvin, Go and the others will just call u names and say u know nothing about football

<_<[/quote]

That's ok, the "Eternal Optimists Club" can have their orange covered glasses super glued to their respective heads, I'm just glad that I have this cool site to post on & vent.

I know enough about football to call shit what it is...

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and squishes underfoot like shit... then it's shit... and we are the shit under EVERONE'S foot in the AFCN.

[quote name='sneaky' post='580503' date='Oct 28 2007, 07:34 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]I nominate Chuck Bresnahan for team's coach of the year.[/b][/color]

:D[/quote]

sneaky bro, I have to admit, the chuck quotes are funny (a following u say), I guess I am.

U have to sit back and laugh, cause if u dont, u cry.

I stopped giving a damn. Today, I cleaned my house, folded clothes and worked on my daughters crib. I had the game on, but never really watched it. I have sold most of my season tickets, cause mike brown owes me $ for the shit he puts on the field and I wont waste my time on it till they win. sadly more need to do this to possibly force the owners hand to make a change, but it wont happen.

it would be great if NO one showed up for a home game, that would send a message.......but it wont happen

all well, I have other shit ti do, just like 1998, on sundays, I can catch up on sleep and get my house in order.

[quote name='rudi32' post='580504' date='Oct 28 2007, 07:38 PM']sneaky bro, I have to admit, the chuck quotes are funny (a following u say), I guess I am.

U have to sit back and laugh, cause if u dont, u cry.

I stopped giving a damn. Today, I cleaned my house, folded clothes and worked on my daughters crib. I had the game on, but never really watched it. I have sold most of my season tickets, cause mike brown owes me $ for the shit he puts on the field and I wont waste my time on it till they win. sadly more need to do this to possibly force the owners hand to make a change, but it wont happen.

it would be great if NO one showed up for a home game, that would send a message.......but it wont happen

all well, I have other shit ti do, just like 1998, on sundays, I can catch up on sleep and get my house in order.[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I dont think its as bad as it seems. Marvin fucked up when he replaced Frazier with Bresnahan. The sad part is,
with the talent on offense the Bengals have, they just needed a average defense.... Bresnahan and company
can't even do that.

And I refuse to believe that this defense is this bad just because a couple of unproven starters and
their sorry ass back up is missing......its not the reason we give up 30 points and rank dead last in every
major stastistical category.

By the way, thanks for the compliment......its hard trying to impersonate a genius like Bresnahan....but I try....I try. -_- [/b][/color]

[quote name='rudi32' post='580497' date='Oct 28 2007, 07:20 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

I agree totally

<_<[/quote]

we typically only do that when you know nothing about football...

let me know when someone has a valid point about marvin... as im still awaiting it. he has made mistakes, every coach has, but not a single coach on earth has us at a better record than 2-5 right now...

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='580500' date='Oct 28 2007, 11:28 PM'][b]That's ok, the "Eternal Optimists Club" can have their orange covered glasses super glued to their respective heads,[/b] I'm just glad that I have this cool site to post on & vent.

I know enough about football to call shit what it is...

If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and squishes underfoot like shit... then it's shit... and we are the shit under EVERONE'S foot in the AFCN.[/quote]

:lol: That was good

[quote name='GoBengals' post='580677' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:51 PM']we typically only do that when you know nothing about football...

let me know when someone has a valid point about marvin... as im still awaiting it. [b]he has made mistakes, every coach has,[/b] but not a single coach on earth has us at a better record than 2-5 right now...[/quote]

Arguably the best coach in the NFL right now,Bill Belichick had his share of coaching mistakes.I believe he was like 35-47 when he started with the Pats and look where he is now.Marvin can be there as well with a little better luck with player personnel.To say he doesn't have it already as far as head coaching is is quite premature.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='580677' date='Oct 28 2007, 09:51 PM']we typically only do that when you know nothing about football...

let me know when someone has a valid point about marvin... as im still awaiting it. he has made mistakes, every coach has, but not a single coach on earth has us at a better record than 2-5 right now...[/quote]

He's too loyal to those on his staff

let me know when someone has a valid point about marvin... as im still awaiting it. he has made mistakes, every coach has, but not a single coach on earth has us at a better record than 2-5 right now...[/quote]

I have no problem with this statement, but then you have to hold Marvin to task for his drafting, game management, and selection of coordinators/asst coaches.
We don't know the ins and outs of the organization, but what we do know is that Marvin has stated that HE is responsible for the draft picks, coaching, and coaches.

He hasn't done a good job with those things that he's claimed responsibility for.

The starters he's drafted can't stay on the field (health, suspension, or otherwise) and the back-ups he's drafted aren't good enough to get the job done. His defenses have sucked, his coordinators have sucked, and his asst. coaches are like you said... not enough, or not good enough.

We need more scouts, better medical staff, and flat out... a GM.

Until these things happen, winning will be an aberration and frustration will continue to be the way of Bengaldom.

Archived