[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='582646' date='Nov 1 2007, 04:02 PM']Something is fishy with Perry...that much is clear.

I would go so far as to say that something is fishy with Brooks as well...I mean c'mon...a groin strain/pull and he is gone for 2 months.[/quote]

[center][font="Impact"][b][size=6]NOTICE TO ALL GO-BENGALS MEMBERS[/size][/b][/font][/center]

In order to keep this a family friendly and politically correct area we respectfully request that when you speak of Ahmad Brooks groin that you do not objectify it. He is not a piece of meat......although his piece of meat was pulled.......well....er.....it's not being pulled.......he banged it up.......er........not that he was banging his meat..........it was banged......well, it was strained..... not from anything sexual though.........it's not like that......he pulled his groin.....well....*HE* didn't actually pull it, it got pulled on the field......not by another player though. I mean.....there's nothing gay going on down on the field......not that there's anything wrong with that. It's alright to be gay......not that Ahmad is gay, even if he was there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. Fuck it!! I give up.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='582695' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:43 PM']I hope that Rudi comes back with a little fire after watching Watson run the way he has. An extra set of fresh legs and some competition at the RB spot can't hurt the offense.[/quote]

I'm with you 110% on this one. Read between the lines in that article and you can see that Rudi isn't so hot on Kenny's performances. He knows damn well that he's got to prove himself again. I sure hope he does.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='582703' date='Nov 1 2007, 06:53 AM']I'm with you 110% on this one. Read between the lines in that article and you can see that Rudi isn't so hot on Kenny's performances. He knows damn well that he's got to prove himself again. I sure hope he does.
MULLY[/quote]
Did you see some of the looks on Rudi's face during the games as he stood in street clothes watching Kenny run away with his job?
He sure didn't look happy.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='582704' date='Nov 1 2007, 08:57 AM']Did you see some of the looks on Rudi's face during the games as he stood in street clothes watching Kenny run away with his job?
He sure didn't look happy.[/quote]

Hopefully he will stop smashing turf in the backfield and start hitting the hole again. If anyone has watched Shaun Alexander run this year, he has been doing the same thing.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='582720' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:40 AM']Hopefully he will stop smashing turf in the backfield and start hitting the hole again. If anyone has watched Shaun Alexander run this year, he has been doing the same thing.[/quote]
Its the tiptoe syndrome....Alexander, Johnson, Jamal Lewis and others develope it when their bodies start breaking down from all the hits theyve taken as power backs....
Hopefully this time off has given him the opportunity to realize that he has to run it like he used to to be effective.. Otherwise Watson will take the bulk of the carries the rest of the season imo...

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='582723' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:45 AM']Its the tiptoe syndrome....Alexander, Johnson, Jamal Lewis and others develope it when their bodies start breaking down from all the hits theyve taken as power backs....
Hopefully this time off has given him the opportunity to realize that he has to run it like he used to to be effective.. Otherwise Watson will take the bulk of the carries the rest of the season imo...[/quote]

Don't get me wrong...I love Rudi...ultimate team player, but if he can't do it anymore we can't wait around. We need to figure it out in his almost lost season and move on.

Rarely is there time in the NFL for sentimental value for a player.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='582732' date='Nov 1 2007, 10:04 AM']Don't get me wrong...I love Rudi...ultimate team player, but if he can't do it anymore we can't wait around. We need to figure it out in his almost lost season and move on.

Rarely is there time in the NFL for sentimental value for a player.[/quote]
I agree.. time to kick it in high gear or guys in the wings like Watson, Irons, Dorsey and possibly Perry ( I say him with trepidation) will have the opportunity to be the feature back next year.
Its really up the Rudi now to show he still can be that guy..
Hey I could live with Irons, Watson and Dorsey in the backfield if it came to that next year.
they all show explosiveness ..

[quote][size=5][b]Thursday update [/b][/size]
November 1, 2007

The Bengals are slowly making strides on the injury front. A day after getting running back Rudi Johnson back from a hamstring injury, running back Kenny Watson (concussion) and defensive end Justin Smith (hamstring) returned to practice Thursday after sitting out Wednesday. Johnson participated fully in practice Thursday for the second straight day.

The other two listed on the official injury report as not practicing Wednesday - defensive tackle John Thornton (neck) and linebacker Caleb Miller (back) - also did not suit up Thursday.

Also not on the field Thursday was wide receiver Chad Johnson (ankle), although he looks to be just resting similar to the way he did last week before practicing fully on Friday.[/quote]

[url="http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6410"]http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6410[/url]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='582646' date='Nov 1 2007, 03:02 AM']Something is fishy with Perry...that much is clear.

I would go so far as to say that something is fishy with Brooks as well...I mean c'mon...a groin strain/pull and he is gone for 2 months.[/quote]

the season isnt even 2 months in. and brooks got hurt in the 2nd game. on sept 18th. its been not even 6 weeks.

from a few sites i googled, doctors say it takes anywhere from a few days to 10+ weeks to fully recover.

the fact that he had been on the practice field stretching and working out is a good sign.

[quote name='The Rudester32' post='582925' date='Nov 1 2007, 02:39 PM']HAVE TO BACK MY BACK UP !!!

RUDI IS BACK AND HES GOING TO PROVE HIMSELF THAT HE WILL BE, ONCE AGAIN, [b]GETTING TALKED ABOUT AND BEING IN THE SAME BUBBLE AS LT [/b]...... YEAH .. REMEMBER THAT ??/

#32 BAY BAY!![/quote]

i love rudi more than the next guy, but saying he will be compared to LT is plain funny!!!!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='582855' date='Nov 1 2007, 01:13 PM']the season isnt even 2 months in. and brooks got hurt in the 2nd game. on sept 18th. its been not even 6 weeks.

from a few sites i googled, doctors say it takes anywhere from a few days to 10+ weeks to fully recover.

the fact that he had been on the practice field stretching and working out is a good sign.[/quote]

counting our bye and the week after the Browns game is has been 7 or 8 weeks.

The eighth week being this week.

It all depends on the severity of the strain/pull.

But he is just another player that had injury concerns in college and is currently sitting on our sideline.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='582855' date='Nov 1 2007, 01:13 PM']the season isnt even 2 months in. and brooks got hurt in the 2nd game. on sept 18th. its been not even 6 weeks.

the fact that he had been on the practice field stretching and working out is a good sign.[/quote]

i must have missed the memo... when did you become the voice of reason?

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='583162' date='Nov 1 2007, 09:10 PM']some dumbass in my fantasy league dropped Rudi and i just scooped em, and he is starting this week for me baby :headbang:[/quote]

I wouldn't start him this week. You have no idea what you're getting, and at most he will share carries. Neither Rudi or Kenny are a good play this week.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='582952' date='Nov 1 2007, 03:26 PM']counting our bye and the week after the Browns game is has been 7 or 8 weeks.

The eighth week being this week.

It all depends on the severity of the strain/pull.

But he is just another player that had injury concerns in college and is currently sitting on our sideline.[/quote]

September 18th to October 18th is a month, 18 + 14(2 weeks) is 32, which would be nov 1(today) a months is roughly 4 weeks, so its exactly 6 weeks and 2-3 days.

i typically use a calander when measuring days/weeks/months, instead of a football schedule.

however we are arguing something quite silly.

Archived