This is the kind of thing that kills me about my Bengals

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='618735' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:01 PM']You have got to be the king of the pot meeting the kettle. Nothing said contrary to what you think either. But for whatever reason he didn't get signed. Why is that? Is there really no reason for it. He just woke up and decided he liked the Raiders better? Must not have anything to do with a team trying to lowball him.

He said he didn't see palmer leading him to the playoffs? Do you always make shit up?
[b]
and as fair warning, making up ridiculous statemnts, not being able to back them in any way when someone questions it, and attacking people for you not being able to back your own statments wont have you posting much longer. as bitching about shit that never even happened and being a dick about imaginary situations isnt contributing anything to anyone.[/b]

This is exactly what makes you a joke. You do all of the above and then some but it's your board so it's aloud in your mind. You can revoke my posting if you wish since it will make you feel better about yourself. But know this.. you are one pathetic man.[/quote]

So what makes you think Sapp had the offer pulled?

It sounds better to you? It somehow validates your paradigm of failure for this team?

The fact remains nothing in that quote by Sapp even remotely substantiates your assertion.

[quote name='Jeb' post='618736' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:02 PM']Ahmad Brooks is not less talent. That guy is going to be an all-pro in his career.

AT is the only free agent I wanted in many years but he wanted the ring and ran as fast as he could (took less contract money too) to the Pats. All others have turned out to be prima donna head cases (Briggs, ...etc) or a bust for the pricetag (Sapp).

If we had picked up Sapp, I guarantee this website would have been loaded with Sapp hate threads and the management would have taken the blame for him like they did for bringing in Sam Adams.

Btw, ...Suggs would be a good choice for a free agent, IMO.[/quote]

Ahmad Brooks IS less talent... less proven, therefore cheaper, talent. The kind this ownership goes for... I hope he turns into the next Dick Butkus, but hope is all we have and that doesn't win games.
Sapp was closer to his good years that Admas was and Sapp was better than Adams EVER was.

BTW - I'd love to see Suggs come here too.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='618730' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:58 AM']if that party were capable of making a thread and not pissing on EVERY thread with the same copy and paste responses of nonsense, it wouldnt be an issue, but several times in the last 4 months we have had every thread on the site pissed in by that same group.[/quote]

I see your point there... are you sure you didn't piss off someone and they aren't sending their gremlins your way?

:ninja:

As far as Warren Sapp goes. He just announced he is retiring
last night, after 4 seasons with the Raiders. I made this
post in the "Rumors" thread the other day . . .

[quote name='oldschooler' post='617294' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:02 AM'][quote][size=5][b]Sapp says a decision about his future will come quickly[/b][/size]
David White, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, December 31, 2007

OAKLAND -- -- Raiders veteran lineman Warren Sapp stood on the sideline, right by the 50-yard line, and faced the eastern stands at the Coliseum.

He put his left hand over his belly, smiled and took a bow - possibly for the last time as a Raider or otherwise - before heading to the locker room after Sunday's season-ending 30-17 loss to the Chargers.

"I've got a decision to make," said Sapp, age 35, after his 13th season in the NFL. "That decision is going to come pretty quick because I'm not one to sit around and waver.

"It's going to take me one week to make that decision. I'll be safe with that."

[b]Sapp, who signed with the Raiders in 2004, has three years left on his contract. He's owed a base salary of $5.15 million next year, so there's also a chance the Raiders will release him if he doesn't retire.[/b]

He approached Sunday's game as if it would be his last, and had five tackles and a forced fumble before leaving the game in the second half with what was reported as a shoulder injury.

Sapp finished the season with two sacks, leaving him 3.5 shy of becoming the second defensive tackle with 100 career sacks.

"I was going to be the one that made that play that made you jump up when you had your party and the barbecue going at your house," Sapp said. "That's how I was going to play today. That's what I told myself Friday when I walked into the job.

"I said, 'You know what? Who knows what tomorrow brings? If that's the last time the Raider fans are going to look at Warren Sapp on the field, they are going to look at something special because I was going to play the game today.'[/quote]

[url="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/31/SPPJU75DF.DTL"]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...1/SPPJU75DF.DTL[/url]

The Bengals offered Sapp a 4 year $16 million contract.
He signed a 7 year $36 million, was paid about $16 million
in the 4 seasons he played for the Raiders, and is either
going to retire or be cut after 4 seasons.

Everyone said it was a bad move by the Bengals "cheap"
front office to not up the anty for Sapp. Looks like Sapp
should have taken what was offered by the Bengals.
At least he would have won more games than he lost
in the last years of his career.

Oh, and call me old fashioned, but I think Sapp should
have had that attitude every game that he played.
Not just what he thought would be his last . . .
[/quote]

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='618735' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:01 PM']You have got to be the king of the pot meeting the kettle. Nothing said contrary to what you think either. But for whatever reason he didn't get signed. Why is that? Is there really no reason for it. He just woke up and decided he liked the Raiders better? Must not have anything to do with a team trying to lowball him.

This is exactly what makes you a joke. You do all of the above and then some but it's your board so it's aloud in your mind. You can revoke my posting if you wish since it will make you feel better about yourself. But know this.. you are one pathetic man.[/quote]

well his own words say he would rather paly there, not to mention bigger market, better place to live, and he said himself "i dont see carson palmer leading me to the playoffs"

so theres a few logical reasons that dont involve making up shit that there is no hint of proof or evidence of.

i mean i know Sapp is known for not being a selfish guy, so the big market appeal means nothing to him, and he would much rather play in snow late in his career, than live in sunny california for the same cash and more attention.

but you know, im a pathetic man, requiring some sort of round about logic to form my opinions, imagine a world where people base their opinions on something other than bitter spite? thats no world i want to be a part of. clearly a team player and stand up guy like wrren sapp only chose oakland because the shifty eyed bengals short changed him on a deal. he never hesitated slamming the bengals or players here, so why wouldnt he have said they changed the deal up? cause he is so classy? he ONLY insults players and staff, not the front office?

makes perfect sense. IM THE JOKE, im the one who throws a girl tantrum when peope call him out on bullshit, IM the one thats pathetic.

you nailed it ACE.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='618748' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:10 PM']Ahmad Brooks IS less talent... less proven, therefore cheaper, talent. The kind this ownership goes for... I hope he turns into the next Dick Butkus, but hope is all we have and that doesn't win games.
Sapp was closer to his good years that Admas was and Sapp was better than Adams EVER was.

BTW - I'd love to see Suggs come here too.[/quote]

I don't believe that. I believe he actually is proven when the Stains were relieved when he got hurt and was out of the first game. That says a lot when your opponent is relieved because one player left the game.

I would take Suggs over Taylor. Taylor is a bit too old (although still playing good). Either way, ...Justin has to go (I love his motor but he's just not getting it done).

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='618714' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:44 AM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1765666"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1765666[/url]

Translation. They had him and thought no one else wanted him so they started fidgeting with the numbers. I can look around more and find other info on it if you want.

Don't remember ever making shit up. Are you only capable of believing what you want to believe? Must be nice having a thick head.[/quote]

lol that's your proof? Give me a fucking break.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='618735' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:01 PM']You have got to be the king of the pot meeting the kettle. Nothing said contrary to what you think either. But for whatever reason he didn't get signed. Why is that? Is there really no reason for it. He just woke up and decided he liked the Raiders better? Must not have anything to do with a team trying to lowball him.[/quote]

by your own "link" it sounds like he went to bed considering the offer and woke up the next morning with a new offer. Nothing in your post even suggests that the offer was pulled, and you're a fucking idiot if you think so.

And yea, I wish someone would "lowball" me and give me $4 million a year to do a job I'm increasingly being less able to do.

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='618783' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:39 PM']For those who don't know Go decided to ban me because i disagreed with his opinion.

BTW.. best i could do was a blogging site since the enquirer deleted the story.

www.cincyjungle.com/story/2006/12/7/11621/7471

scroll on down to that story.[/quote]

thats right, your the only person to ever disagree with me, so you had to go. all other 5,000 members and I have the exact same opinions..

[quote name='CarsonDaMan' post='618783' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:39 PM']For those who don't know Go decided to ban me because i disagreed with his opinion.

I'm surprised he waited this long to ban you. I would have banned you a long time ago for your disrespect. Although, I prefer a "jail" system and suspensions over bans. That's up to the owner of each website.

LOL!

Sorry dude, but you'll get no sympathy on that one.

Many of us have disagreed with Go, and have gone back and forth with him on it. You were being a dick.. and when you're a dick to the owner.... then you're asking for what you get.

If you want sympathy from us, you'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphillis.

I remember when that came out.. Seems odd that he didn't say that at the time huh? Strange he only said it a year later, considering what he said at the time is that he "didn't feel right about it" and woke up in the morning to an offer from someone he had "always admired from afar".

It also seems strange that Marvin was lamenting Sapp not coming here when asked about it in reference to the bad first year Sapp had at oakland. He said it was a shame Sapp had decided to go somewhere else, and that he would have had a great year with us.

The truth is you don't know what happened. And neither do I.. The difference is, you like to pretend you do.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='618724' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:54 AM']I never said you guys were part of the problem, but when a fan tries to vent their frustration with the status quo (see ownership) on this site... they get strafed, ridiculed, slammed, and otherwise pissed on.

It comes down to frustration levels... if you are comfortable with the fact that you "realized this and move on to discuss the team in that context", then that's great. How about the letting other vent when they need to?

We're BOTH fans of this frustrating as hell team...[/quote]

Who said you couldnt vent? Im just hoping you realize your role in fostering change = no power to.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='618730' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:58 AM']if that party were capable of making a thread and not pissing on EVERY thread with the same copy and paste responses of nonsense, it wouldnt be an issue, but several times in the last 4 months we have had every thread on the site pissed in by that same group.[/quote]

pretty much

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='618800' date='Jan 4 2008, 12:55 PM']Who said you couldnt vent? Im just hoping you realize your role in fostering change = no power to.[/quote]

Sure... you bastard... just crumble my little dream world why dontcha?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/12.gif[/img]

I thought I had it all, then you had to rain on my parade...

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Now I have to drink more.... you just killed my buzz.

[img]http://nobuzzkill.com/images/products/closeup/helpStopBuzzKill.jpg[/img]

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='618810' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:04 PM']Sure... you bastard... just crumble my little dream world why dontcha?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/12.gif[/img]

I thought I had it all, then you had to rain on my parade...

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

Now I have to drink more.... you just killed my buzz.

[img]http://nobuzzkill.com/images/products/closeup/helpStopBuzzKill.jpg[/img][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/19.gif[/img]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='618820' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:13 PM']Honestly, as I remember it happening...The Bengals said they pulled the offer on Sapp and to save face Sapp said he never intended on coming here.

[color="#FF0000"]I do specifically remember Marvin saying in a press conference that he did not feel good about the offer to Sapp.[/color][/quote]

:huh:

I dont remember that at all, I specificly remember Marvin saying he would have done well here when asked about his production.

[quote name='Lucid' post='618798' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:52 PM']I remember when that came out.. Seems odd that he didn't say that at the time huh? Strange he only said it a year later, considering what he said at the time is that he "didn't feel right about it" and woke up in the morning to an offer from someone he had "always admired from afar".

It also seems strange that Marvin was lamenting Sapp not coming here when asked about it in reference to the bad first year Sapp had at oakland. He said it was a shame Sapp had decided to go somewhere else, and that he would have had a great year with us.

The truth is you don't know what happened. And neither do I.. The difference is, you like to pretend you do.[/quote]

Sapp may be lying but it's a quote from the horse's mouth, without any contradictory evidence. I'd say Carson has made his case.

[quote name='sparky151' post='618835' date='Jan 4 2008, 01:42 PM']Sapp may be lying but it's a quote from the horse's mouth, without any contradictory evidence. I'd say Carson has made his case.[/quote]

His case is that he knows..

Mine is that he doesn't.

A quote from a known asshole a year after the fact doesn't prove anything.. Usually when people change their story a year later it compomises their credibility.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='618703' date='Jan 4 2008, 11:16 AM']So then why is it when those of us who have already realized this and move on to discuss the team in that context do such we get labled as part of the problem, simply because we dont bitch about something we have already realized we arent going to change?[/quote]

Jamie.....that my friend is the most astute comment ever to enter this board.

The Mike Brown Debate on his ineffectiveness and misering could go on forever and until
fans/posters decide to adjust to how things are done here they'll allways bitch and moan.

We dont have Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder or even a Bob Kraft as an owner.. We have an old school
type of guy that thinks his way is sufficient if all factors fall in place..
Is it right? Well the track record doesnt indicate it ...a few changes here and there get you what you get and thats a team that can be competitive once in awhile if the schedule is somewhat soft, no major player injuries,
maybe count on your division to have teams that are having down years etc...
In all has to fall just right and then maybe then the team gives us hope..

Worrying about whether he will become a 21st century owner that puts winning above everything
is not only draining to one's psyche.. its futile....

Enjoy having a pro football team in your area that you can see live or watch/listen to on the tube/radio.
Hope that they can pull out a win each week... cheer for your favorite players and so on but
dont expect this team under Brown's authority to become something you know in your heart
will never be..

Marvin Lewis is doing the BEST HE CAN under the conditions he has to work with.. Give the man credit for that.. You dont think he'd like all the "luxuries" some teams provide to further their productivity.. He has what he has and he's working hard to provide the city with the best possible team he can...

and thats about all we as fans can hope for ..

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='618856' date='Jan 4 2008, 02:28 PM']Jamie.....that my friend is the most astute comment ever to enter this board.

The Mike Brown Debate on his ineffectiveness and misering could go on forever and until
fans/posters decide to adjust to how things are done here they'll allways bitch and moan.

We dont have Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder or even a Bob Kraft as an owner.. We have an old school
type of guy that thinks his way is sufficient if all factors fall in place..
Is it right? Well the track record doesnt indicate it ...a few changes here and there get you what you get and thats a team that can be competitive once in awhile if the schedule is somewhat soft, no major player injuries,
maybe count on your division to have teams that are having down years etc...
In all has to fall just right and then maybe then the team gives us hope..

Worrying about whether he will become a 21st century owner that puts winning above everything
is not only draining to one's psyche.. its futile....

Enjoy having a pro football team in your area that you can see live or watch/listen to on the tube/radio.
Hope that they can pull out a win each week... cheer for your favorite players and so on but
dont expect this team under Brown's authority to become something you know in your heart
will never be..

Marvin Lewis is doing the BEST HE CAN under the conditions he has to work with.. Give the man credit for that.. You dont think he'd like all the "luxuries" some teams provide to further their productivity.. He has what he has and he's working hard to provide the city with the best possible team he can...

and thats about all we as fans can hope for ..[/quote]

Question that should be posed then is: If a certain group of people have accepted the deficiencies of Mike Brown and the organization, then why do they continue to argue with the ones venting about it?

The utter opposition to anyone who blames Mike Brown, poor scouting...etc..etc...etc.. only makes stronger the belief that certain people on this board are either A. Blind homers, or B. Mike Brown appologists.

If it is apparent to you that Mike Brown/Scouting/FO is what the problem is then why do you even get involved in these threads? I have never seen so many people argue with points they agree with.

Archived