Second Half Thread

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='680243' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:19 AM']Should have been a 4 game sweep, at worst a 3-1 series...we cant let these games like today and thursday fall through our grasps.[/quote]
I forgot I'm a day ahead. Got ahead of myself in thinking they'd won the series 2-1.

crap <_<

Considering the Mets were the hottest team in baseball coming in, I don't mind splitting with them. Yeah, we should have won Thursday, but Edinson just didn't have it yesterday. Hopefully that was due to the all star break, and not a sign of a trend.

[quote name='Jason' post='680344' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:47 AM']Considering the Mets were the hottest team in baseball coming in, I don't mind splitting with them. Yeah, we should have won Thursday, but Edinson just didn't have it yesterday. Hopefully that was due to the all star break, and not a sign of a trend.[/quote]

Look it up. It has been a trend for the last 5 games.

He didnt even get it done in the all star game.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='680386' date='Jul 21 2008, 11:26 AM']Look it up. It has been a trend for the last 5 games.

[b]He didnt even get it done in the all star game.[/b][/quote]

Wagner and Lidge also didn't.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='680386' date='Jul 21 2008, 11:26 AM']Look it up. It has been a trend for the last 5 games.

He didnt even get it done in the all star game.[/quote]

His last start before the all star game was pretty good.

[quote name='Jason' post='680344' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:47 AM']Considering the Mets were the hottest team in baseball coming in, I don't mind splitting with them. Yeah, we should have won Thursday, but Edinson just didn't have it yesterday. Hopefully that was due to the all star break, and not a sign of a trend.[/quote]

At this point we cant really afford splits, especially when we have a good chance to win all 4 games...we need to win as many games as possible, especially over the next 10 days or so to have a chance.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='680496' date='Jul 21 2008, 06:00 PM']At this point we cant really afford splits, especially when we have a good chance to win all 4 games...we need to win as many games as possible, especially over the next 10 days or so to have a chance.[/quote]

This team is not going to the playoffs.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' post='680570' date='Jul 21 2008, 09:00 PM']Cordero looked TERRIBLE tonight and gives up 3 in the 9th and gets yanked[/quote]

I wonder if they shouldn't have him checked out. He just hasn't been worth anything since Dusty ran him out there 4 straight days awhile back.

And while it was already a longshot, lastnight ended their wild card chase. With the cardinals and brewers beating up on each other, this week was the time to strike if they were going to do it.

yeah guys.

We've been saying pretty much all year now. This team is not going to the playoffs.

Well coming out of the gate after the all star break against teams you should really be beating and and your 2-3.

Kiss any chances goodbye.

The simple fundamentals is just what absolutely erks me about this team.

For example. Bases loaded 2 outs Jay bruce comes up to the plate. ALL impatient and shit like usually.

Well to my surprise the pitcher throws two straight balls way out of the zone.

2-0 count.

OK pause for a second. This is the situation where you arent even thinking about taking the bat off your shoulders unless you get a fastball or a hanging curveball that is (YOUR) MEAT pitch.

So basically you have a take sign for everything but your meat ball. I called it before the pitch. A low outside dayum near bounced off the plate breaking ball and BRUCE IS SWINGING>

I just cant stand to watch that kind of baseball. Its seriously so bad its non-entertaining anymore.

You guys know what happened next in that AB>

[quote name='bengalrick' post='680688' date='Jul 22 2008, 01:55 PM']cordero is over throwing the ball... he hit 97 at one point last night... sounds good on paper, but that is why his control is going...[/quote]

He keeps trying to make perfect pitches on the outside corner instead of using the whole plate.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='680657' date='Jul 22 2008, 08:02 AM']I wonder if they shouldn't have him checked out. He just hasn't been worth anything since Dusty ran him out there 4 straight days awhile back.

And while it was already a longshot, lastnight ended their wild card chase. With the cardinals and brewers beating up on each other, this week was the time to strike if they were going to do it.[/quote]
Dusty Baker is the Raid of managers in that he kills pitchers dead. For once I'm not joking. <_<

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='680713' date='Jul 22 2008, 02:21 PM']Dusty Baker is the Raid of managers in that he kills pitchers dead. For once I'm not joking. <_<[/quote]

I agree though... i got him on one of my fantasy teams, and when he did pitch those 4 days in a row, hell I sat him on my bench thinking noone in their right mind would pitch a closer 4 days in a row... He got the save but he hasn't been right since... it's bull shit b/c he's killing my save stats... I expected much more out of him...

Archived