Just Letting You All Know

Actium

If I don't post for a while, it's because I lost electricity due to the ravages of Hurrican Ike. I'm hoping not, and that it will be back in time for football on Sunday, but I didn't want you to miss me and wonder where I went.

Oh, what's that? Nobody would notice or care? WHYYYYY MEEEEE?!!!!

:ninja:

[quote name='Actium' post='699985' date='Sep 12 2008, 12:58 PM']If I don't post for a while, it's because I lost electricity due to the ravages of Hurrican Ike. I'm hoping not, and that it will be back in time for football on Sunday, but I didn't want you to miss me and wonder where I went.

:ninja:[/quote]

[b][size=6]RUN !!!!![/size][/b]

I might be joining you down there - I am a Red Cross Disaster Services volunteer, trained, ready, and at your service. I thought I was going to be deployed for two weeks for Gustav, but it wasn't so bad. If this thing devastates Houston, it's likely I'll be sent. I'll save a cot for you at my shelter.

Weird. I was just going to put up a thread entreating our Ike-threatened Bengal Bretheren to keep their heads down. It looks like it could get real bad, so stay safe Actium, and anyone else on here that lives in that area.

This hurricane is going to suck on so many levels...loss of life, property, electricity, soaring gasoline prices...fuck!

<_<

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='699991' date='Sep 12 2008, 12:08 PM']I might be joining you down there - I am a Red Cross Disaster Services volunteer, trained, ready, and at your service. I thought I was going to be deployed for two weeks for Gustav, but it wasn't so bad. If this thing devastates Houston, it's likely I'll be sent. I'll save a cot for you at my shelter.[/quote]

Thank you kindly! Just know that there will be 2 1/2 of us--me, my bride-to-be, and our kitty kat.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='699990' date='Sep 12 2008, 12:08 PM'][b][size=6]RUN !!!!![/size][/b][/quote]

Never again, after the 16 hour trip to San Antonio I went through with Rita. Were it not for a miraculous gas station that still had petrol, my friend and I would have been stranded in the middle of Shiner, Texas (not so bad, there is the brewery there).

If it gets really bad as far as power loss or flooding goes, we'll pack up and go to my future-in-laws-place for a while. I'm thinking it won't be that bad, but we shall see. We're prepared as best as we can.

[quote name='Actium' post='700003' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:21 AM']Never again, after the 16 hour trip to San Antonio I went through with Rita. Were it not for a miraculous gas station that still had petrol, my friend and I would have been stranded in the middle of Shiner, Texas (not so bad, there is the brewery there).

If it gets really bad as far as power loss or flooding goes, we'll pack up and go to my future-in-laws-place for a while. I'm thinking it won't be that bad, but we shall see. We're prepared as best as we can.[/quote]
Good luck (again). And Shiner beer is fantastic.

Thanks, all. You know I'm screwed up when I'm most pissed this storm might make me miss the Tennessee game.

I've got problems.

-_-

I'll be on as long as I have electricity (unless my fiancee commandeers teh computer, lol), so maybe I wont' even lose touch.

Thanks again.

[quote name='Actium' post='699985' date='Sep 12 2008, 12:58 PM']If I don't post for a while, it's because I lost electricity due to the ravages of Hurrican Ike. I'm hoping not, and that it will be back in time for football on Sunday, but I didn't want you to miss me and wonder where I went.

:ninja:[/quote]

Be careful man, you're my favorite poster on this site other than myself!!

:ninja:

**whoops i can't spell

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='700060' date='Sep 12 2008, 02:25 PM']:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck Act, best wishes my friend.[/quote]

Thanks. The media sure is talking this thing up.

We have some other Houston area Bengals fans. The Great Curve, bengalsfansince68, and PizzaMan!!! come to mind readily. Keep them in your thoughts too.

I was wondering about you Actium... not sure what part of Houston you live in, but we live in one of the few zip codes that was announced as mandatory to evacuate on Thursday morning, so we hauled ass to west Texas (where my wife's family lives). I wasn't thrilled about evacuating, as we got stuck in the Rita crap as well (30 hours on the road), but we were on the road this time by 9:30, and very little congestion at all.

[quote name='Cat' post='700235' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:13 PM']I was wondering about you Actium... not sure what part of Houston you live in, but we live in one of the few zip codes that was announced as mandatory to evacuate on Thursday morning, so we hauled ass to west Texas (where my wife's family lives). I wasn't thrilled about evacuating, as we got stuck in the Rita crap as well (30 hours on the road), but we were on the road this time by 9:30, and very little congestion at all.[/quote]

I'm in Montrose/Westmoreland, things are heating up now. The lights keep flickering and the wind is blustering. Kinda exciting. Glad to hear you made it out.

We'll have to get together to watch the game sometime. I'm at Griff's every sunday if you ever want to join me.

take care of your family.

Who dey!

[quote name='Actium' post='700237' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:34 AM']I'm in Montrose/Westmoreland, things are heating up now. The lights keep flickering and the wind is blustering. Kinda exciting. Glad to hear you made it out.

We'll have to get together to watch the game sometime. I'm at Griff's every sunday if you ever want to join me.

take care of your family.

Who dey![/quote]

Man that whole area is getting fucked up, and it sounds like a lot of people who stayed behind will probably die. Hope none of you lose family or friends.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='700240' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:42 PM']Man that whole area is getting fucked up, and it sounds like a lot of people who stayed behind will probably die. Hope none of you lose family or friends.[/quote]

Thanks Backer, the danger zone is by Galveston and the bay (I'm not near them), but it could get dicey for some.

Keep those in harm's way in your prayers.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='700335' date='Sep 13 2008, 12:46 PM']

It is getting rough. The tumult drove this bear out of his den. Courtesy of [url="http://www.clownoftheday.com"]Clown of the Day.[/url][/quote]

I think they were shooting the new Kanye West video. :ninja:

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='700335' date='Sep 13 2008, 06:46 PM']

It is getting rough. The tumult drove this bear out of his den. Courtesy of [url="http://www.clownoftheday.com"]Clown of the Day.[/url][/quote]

Probably a [url="http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Furry#Fursuiting"]furry[/url] looking for a little post-hurricane action.

Well, power is back on. Trees were down and the power was out, but we had running water. I hope I can get back to work.

Otherwise, like camping. Drinking with the neighbors and just hanging out.

The only thing I missed was the game, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything. Ouch.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='701603' date='Sep 15 2008, 08:36 PM']Excellent news. Galveston is completely destroyed, but it sounds like it helped to spare the lower-lying areas of Houston with it's "barrier-islandness".[/quote]

It sounds really bad. People don't usually know, but Galveston used to be the Jewel of the Gulf until 1900. One of the great cities, completely destroyed. It was never the same. It was still a neat little place though, fun to visit for a weekend. I have no idea what it will be like now.

[quote name='Actium' post='701570' date='Sep 15 2008, 06:30 PM']Well, power is back on. Trees were down and the power was out, but we had running water. I hope I can get back to work.

Otherwise, like camping. Drinking with the neighbors and just hanging out.

The only thing I missed was the game, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything. Ouch.[/quote]

My power just came back on this morning. Who would've thought a hurricane would effect Ohio so badly?

Archived