Palmer out; Fitz in

[url="http://bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7108"]http://bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7108[/url]

[quote]Palmer out; Fitz in

11:15 a.m.

Sunday's pre-game buzz heightened when Carson Palmer did not emerge for early warmups and back quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick threw with No. 3 Jordan Palmer.

Usually the three quarterbacks come out together, but Palmer surfaced on Friday's injury report with a sore elbow, didn't practice, and was listed as questionable. Palmer, who practiced Wednesday and Thursday, said Friday with the day of rest he would be "ready to roll."

The structure of the warmups indicate that Fitzpatrick is about ready to make his fourth NFL start and first since his rookie year of 2005.[/quote]

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='705627' date='Sep 28 2008, 10:38 AM']Wow. Well, at least we know Fitz can outrun If we win, all of the reactionary wankers will demand Fitz retain the starting gig. Makes me nauseous thinking about it.[/quote]

ALMOST....makes me wnna lose.

I heard that breaking news this morning, and its now ruined the rest of my day...... Today was supposed to be the day.

This is the season. TODAY.

We lose today and the rest of our chit chatter will be about how it could have been. And about building next season. Typical cincy sports.

Slight update...

[quote]Palmer out; Fitz in
September 28, 2008

Updated: 11:40 a.m.

Carson Palmer (elbow) is out and instead is the No. 3 quarterback while backup Ryan Fitzpatrick is in for the Bengals in a game against the Browns that had been all about Cleveland's backup quarterback during the week.

Usually the three quarterbacks come out together for warmups, but Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium Fitzpatrick emerged only with No. 3 quarterback Jordan Palmer. His brother surfaced on Friday's injury report with a sore elbow, didn't practice, and was listed as questionable. Carson Palmer, who practiced Wednesday and Thursday, said Friday with the day of rest he would be "ready to roll."

But his streak of 51 straight starts is over and Fitzpatrick is about ready to make his fourth NFL start and first since his rookie year of 2005.

Another key offensive player is out with third-down back Kenny Watson (hamstring) inactive. Out for the second straight week is cornerback Johnathan Joseph (ankle).[/quote]

grrrrr!!!!!!

Although I just saw this at PFT!

[quote]PALMER WILL BE THE NO. 3 QUARTERBACK
Posted by Mike Florio on September 28, 2008, 11:33 a.m.
Added to the injury list on Sunday with a sore elbow and described as “questionable” for Sunday’s game, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer will he the team’s No. 3 quarterback against the Browns, according to Adam Schefter of NFLN.

As the No. 3 quarterback, Palmer can enter the game in the fourth quarter without consequence to the team. If he plays prior to the fourth quarter, none of the other quarterbacks may return.

The starter will be Ryan Fitzpatrick.[/quote]

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='705637' date='Sep 28 2008, 11:49 AM']Schefter just reported that Carson had an MRI that showed NO structural damage. So at least we have that going for us.[/quote]
:mellow:

I hope the Bengals training staff didn't determine that..

I'd bet this is the first time Jordan has ever been higher on any chart than Carson. Except the suck chart.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='705627' date='Sep 28 2008, 10:38 AM']Wow. Well, at least we know Fitz can outrun Shaun Rogers' tubby ass. If we win, all of the reactionary wankers will demand Fitz retain the starting gig. Makes me nauseous thinking about it.[/quote]

you and me both.

:cripes:

After seeing Palmer and the offense start to get it together last week, it's almost typical for this to happen to us.
Hopefully Fitz can manage the game without fucking up and the defense can play good enough to get us the win.
The thoughts of possibly losing this one makes me want to puke...

Go Bengals... I guess.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='705650' date='Sep 28 2008, 12:37 PM']The way this board has been this year... at least 15 so called "fans" have just given up on todays game.

no ninja[/quote]
And another 15 say we can finally win, with the great Fitz in ... although I think we can win with Fitz, not because of him.

No one that I can remember wanted Fitz to start. I don't even think anyone thinks Fitz is a better QB. Some of us just saw Palmer getting killed and wanted a different look in ONE game, for ONE series.

That said, I think Fitz can still win this game if the rest of the team plays like we are capable.

I still have hope for this game.

And no, I do NOT think a great game by Fitz means replacing Palmer. But it gives me more confidence if Palmer is seriously injured later, and gives us trade value if we think about that option.

Archived