What TYPE of MLB would you prefer?

Jason

Forget names for a minute. Let's think about qualities. Which type of MLB would you rather have?

[b]A.[/b] Big, nasty, reputation as a big hitter. Average speed, slightly below to average in coverage. Sometimes misses tackles going for the big hit. Sometimes over aggressive and out of position. Good at getting off blocks and filling the hole.

[b]B.[/b] Not a big hitter, but rarely misses tackles. Good speed, good hands, great in coverage, good but not great size . Sometimes struggles at getting off blocks, but is good at getting through traffic. Disciplined and instinctive. Excellent natural leader, smart, and no character concerns at all.

A or B?

[quote name='Jason' post='747258' date='Feb 17 2009, 03:59 PM']Forget names for a minute. Let's think about qualities. Which type of MLB would you rather have?

[b]A.[/b] Big, nasty, reputation as a big hitter. Average speed, slightly below to average in coverage. Sometimes misses tackles going for the big hit. Sometimes over aggressive and out of position. Good at getting off blocks and filling the hole.

[b]B.[/b] Not a big hitter, but rarely misses tackles. Good speed, good hands, great in coverage, good but not great size . Sometimes struggles at getting off blocks, but is good at getting through traffic. Disciplined and instinctive. Excellent natural leader, smart, and no character concerns at all.

A or B?[/quote]

to quote james taylor when asked his advice prior to the 2004 election..."vote for the smart one". (too bad more people didn't take his advice)

laurinaitis

[quote name='Jason' post='747258' date='Feb 17 2009, 01:59 PM']Forget names for a minute. Let's think about qualities. Which type of MLB would you rather have?

A or B?[/quote]

i want a mean mother f****. Someone to take out hines ward jaw and bust up big jen's knee. i want the guy who will kick joey porter's ass in vegas, the one who wipes his ass with a terrible towell, the one who stands over the guy he just knocked out.

I just don't want the guy at #6...... trade down to 10-15

[quote name='Jason' post='747258' date='Feb 17 2009, 04:59 PM']Forget names for a minute. Let's think about qualities. Which type of MLB would you rather have?

A or B?[/quote]
I think successful teams have different types of players at different spots. I think we already have guy B on our roster with Keith Rivers. I would like to pair him with a type A player so we kinda have the best of both worlds out their all the time. Somone whose sound to the core and never misses a responsibility but doesn't take many chances playing with a bigger faster guy whose athleticism lets him take more chances and make the impact kinda plays that alter games.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='747322' date='Feb 17 2009, 09:47 PM']I think successful teams have different types of players at different spots. I think we already have guy B on our roster with Keith Rivers. I would like to pair him with a type A player so we kinda have the best of both worlds out their all the time. Somone whose sound to the core and never misses a responsibility but doesn't take many chances playing with a bigger faster guy whose athleticism lets him take more chances and make the impact kinda plays that alter games.[/quote]

I agree...I think if you have a guy like Rivers, you can take a Maualuga (at 10-15 as suggested). One guy may become the intellectual leader out there, and the other guy will be the emotional leader.

BZ

[quote name='Jason' post='747258' date='Feb 17 2009, 04:59 PM']Forget names for a minute. Let's think about qualities. Which type of MLB would you rather have?

A or B?[/quote]

The difference between Dhani Jones and Rey Maualuga?

[quote name='Jason' post='747258' date='Feb 17 2009, 03:59 PM']Forget names for a minute. Let's think about qualities. Which type of MLB would you rather have?

A or B?[/quote]
[b]B!!!!! James Laurinaitis[/b]

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='747322' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:47 PM']I think successful teams have different types of players at different spots. I think we already have guy B on our roster with Keith Rivers. I would like to pair him with a type A player so we kinda have the best of both worlds out their all the time. Somone whose sound to the core and never misses a responsibility but doesn't take many chances playing with a bigger faster guy whose athleticism lets him take more chances and make the impact kinda plays that alter games.[/quote]

I was about to say a similar senario. They got safe and quiet in Rivers. He'll be a guy that will always spark debate about whether he's a bust or not because he'll make a bunch of quiet plays.

I'll roll with the wild man (A) next to Rivers.

A or B?[/quote]

I know where this is going, but give me B. I want my MLB to be smart, disciplined, and a force in stopping the run.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='747322' date='Feb 17 2009, 09:47 PM']I think successful teams have different types of players at different spots. I think we already have guy B on our roster with Keith Rivers. I would like to pair him with a type A player so we kinda have the best of both worlds out their all the time. Somone whose sound to the core and never misses a responsibility but doesn't take many chances playing with a bigger faster guy whose athleticism lets him take more chances and make the impact kinda plays that alter games.[/quote]

exactly... the mike backer sometimes has coverage duties but not anywhere near like the sam and will backers do as they're lined up over the tight ends and have to stretch to cover the short slot.

give me a guy that is going to blow someone up and send a message on 1st and 10 the first play of the game in Baltimore or Pittsburgh. The last guy that put the fear of god in opponents I guess was David Fulcher... we need a guy that is going to make offensive players trying to look at the ball and look the other direction too making sure they're not going to get their head taken off. An intimidator.

Like others have said - #6 would be too high in this draft though. Get into the 13-14 range and I'm all ears.

Archived