Lewis: Another Contract Today - it's done

[quote name='CougarQuest' post='753875' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:12 PM']I wonder if one of the reasons they wanted O'Sullivan more so than the other two they had scheduled to come in, is that he will be out in California with Palmer and the WR's in the off season?[/quote]

I don't think that's a bad idea... start throwing with them now... Lord knows we can get them up to speed better that way..

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='753867' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:54 PM']Ok another in the fold.

Are there any quality Olinemen left?[/quote]

C-Probably just a guy to go with a draft pick
1. Brett Romberg-Rams
2. Andy McCullum-Lions
3. Jeremy Newberry-SD

G
1.Mike Goff-Chargers

T
1. Tra Thomas-Philly
2. Jon Runyun-Philly
3. Mark Tauscher-Packers
4. John St Clair-Bears
5. George Foster-Lions

[quote name='cantstop85' post='753873' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:07 PM']we better have gotten him cheap..rex and losman were hands down better....hopefully ne backup we got doesnt have to play this coming season...[/quote]
Losman since 2004
42 Games Avg 6.6 yards 33 TD 34 INT 34 Fumbles 103 Sacks 59.3 PCT 75.6 Rating

Grossman since 2003
36 Games Avg 6.1 yards 33 TD 35 INT 19 Fumbles 58 Sacks 54.2 PCT 70.2 Rating

O'Sullivan since 2002
14 Games Avg 7.4 yards 9 TD 13 INT 14 Fumbles 35 Sacks 57.3 PCT 71.0 Rating

C. Trent is reporting that Tahi and OT George Foster have been in for a visit.

Foster is interesting in that he has great size (6'5", 338) is still pretty young (28) but has under achieved so far in his career and was injured for most of last season. Could be someone who still has a chance to get better if placed in the right situation.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='753882' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:37 PM']C. Trent is reporting that Tahi and OT George Foster have been in for a visit.

Foster is interesting in that he has great size (6'5", 338) is still pretty young (28) but has under achieved so far in his career and was injured for most of last season. Could be someone who still has a chance to get better if placed in the right situation.[/quote]
Hmm...Foster intrigues me. Solid backup if nothing else, although I think he could start in the right situation.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='753882' date='Mar 5 2009, 03:37 PM']C. Trent is reporting that Tahi and OT George Foster have been in for a visit.

Foster is interesting in that he has great size (6'5", 338) is still pretty young (28) but has under achieved so far in his career and was injured for most of last season. Could be someone who still has a chance to get better if placed in the right situation.[/quote]

agree, as long as he doesn't cut block anyone in practice. :angry:

More from C. Trent on Foster

[quote]Foster was the Broncos' first-round pick in 2003 out of Georgia. He played for the Lions the last two seasons. Bengals fans may remember him for the block that broke Tony Williams' ankle in the Monday night game against Denver in 2004.[/quote]

I remember that hit. I don't fault him as much as the Denver coach...I'm pretty sure every Denver lineman ended atleast one guy's career with shitty cut blocks on guys who aren't looking because they were told to do so.

I like the idea of bringing him while taking an OT in the 3rd. Foster would be in line to start at RT but the 3rd rounder could probably over take him by mid-season.

Just what we needed, a mid-tier vet to lock the job down until our later round pick can take it over...do it.

sounds like he'd be good in the run game. From wikipedia:

[quote]Foster was a highly thought of draft choice in 2003. In 2004 he proved why so many experts felt that way. Foster started all 16 games at right tackle and did not miss an offensive snap. [b]Foster was part of a line that set a franchise record by allowing only 15 sacks[/b], shattering the previous best of 22 sacks set in 1971. Foster helped rookie Tatum Bell post the first 100-yard game of his career, marking only the second time in franchise history that three different Broncos have had at least one 100-yard game in a season.

George Foster started all 16 games in 2005 for Denver. [b]He helped block for Mike Anderson who rushed for 1,014 yards and Tatum Bell who rushed for 921 yards.[/b] [b]The team gained the second-most rushing yards (2,539) in Bronco history. [/b]Foster's strong play on the O-Line led the way to the NFL's 2nd ranked rushing offense and 5th ranked offense overall. Foster was a big reason for Denver's advancing to the 2005 AFC Championship game.[/quote]

Dont get your hopes up guys.....Hob Nob is here to piss on the party

With the expected signing of backup quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan on Thursday, the Bengals look to be nearing the end of their foray into free agency.

With wide receiver Laveranues Coles counting for nearly half of the recent outlay with a salary cap hit estimated at $7.2 million, the Bengals have used up about $15 million of their 2009 salary cap with the flurry that started with putting the franchise tag on kicker Shayne Graham at $2.48 million. Also in the mix is an estimated $3 million hit for running back Cedric Benson and $2 million on safety Chris Crocker

They are still in the market for players, such as two that visited Thursday, Vikings restricted free agent fullback Naufahu Tahi and backup guard/tackle George Foster. But with the $5 million parceled out for draft picks and another $3-4 million for incentives, plus an injury allowance, they aren't in a spot to make a significant deal.

[quote name='bengalsdave985' post='753906' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:10 PM']Dont get your hopes up guys.....Hob Nob is here to piss on the party

With the expected signing of backup quarterback J.T. O'Sullivan on Thursday, the Bengals look to be nearing the end of their foray into free agency.

With wide receiver Laveranues Coles counting for nearly half of the recent outlay with a salary cap hit estimated at $7.2 million, the Bengals have used up about $15 million of their 2009 salary cap with the flurry that started with putting the franchise tag on kicker Shayne Graham at $2.48 million. Also in the mix is an estimated $3 million hit for running back Cedric Benson and $2 million on safety Chris Crocker

They are still in the market for players, such as two that visited Thursday, Vikings restricted free agent fullback Naufahu Tahi and backup guard/tackle George Foster. But with the $5 million parceled out for draft picks and another $3-4 million for incentives, plus an injury allowance, [b]they aren't in a spot to make a significant deal.[/b][/quote]
:lol: Hobnob...cause these guys are in a position to command a significant deal?

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' post='753910' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:12 PM']:lol: Hobnob...cause these guys are in a position to command a significant deal?[/quote]

I think we are forgetting that players will be released... and room will be made if we want them. I think the front office is going to make some choices that may just suprise all of us. I know so far they have suprised me.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='753909' date='Mar 5 2009, 04:11 PM']Foster was pretty terrible in Detroit. Don't know if it was because of injury or because Detroit just sucks the goodness out of everyone.[/quote]
How many sacks did he allow in Detroit? How much pressure did he allow on the QB in Detroit? How many times did he hurt the running game?

[b]Here's a write up on Foster from ESPN Insiders:[/b]
George Foster | OT Complete player profile
Full Name: George A. Foster
Born: June 9, 1980
Macon, GA
Height: 6-5
Weight: 338 lbs. Age: 28
Pos: OT
Experience: 6 years
College: Georgia
Drafted: Year:2003 Round:1 Pick:20, Broncos
Insider Analysis
Grade 59
Expert's Take Foster is coming off his sixth year in the league and was only active for four games. He was injured most of the year, which hindered his progress as an NFL lineman. He has great size with above-average strength and athleticism. He has long arms and solid initial quickness to keep defenders at bay, but is inconsistent to play with good pad level and knee bend. He tends to overextend at times and get out of position because he is too aggressive. He hasn't improved as rapidly as most would have hoped. He has good natural power, once engaged, but is not initially explosive off the line of scrimmage. Foster has been a bit of a disappointment thus far, but has the tools to be a productive player in the league, if he can continue to develop his technique and consistency.

Archived