Tank Johnson visits Bengals **UPDATE HE SIGNS**

AFTER reading and thinking about ALL of the posts about Tank Johnson, I have changed my mind. I do want the Bengals to sign him. He would be a great addition to our Defense.

IF we can trade-up and get Curry, we WILL win the AFCN. Our defense would start looking like a Steelers' kind-of-defense.

OK, you guys changed my mind. Let's sign Tank.

[quote name='Jason' post='760845' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:47 PM']Yeah, that's just what the Bengals need. Even if he is a model citizen while in Cincy, his stigma combined with ours would be a media circus.[/quote]

Who cares what the media will say, they say it and will continue to say it regardless of if we sign Tank Johnson or not. If it upgrades your team, with all factors considered, then you do it.

[quote name='Rick' post='760846' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:48 PM']Thanks, but No Tanks![/quote]

Ha......I see what you did there.

[quote name='PakMan' post='760869' date='Apr 2 2009, 10:33 PM']What did he do?? I thought he had a bunch of guns that weren't registered, which isn't that big a deal.

Regardless, if he can play and upgrade the team, then sign him.[/quote]

eh.. a"bunch" is an understatement... the guy was ready for war...

and the charges were quite serious.

that said, he has been clean and no issues since so if he wants to come play backup.. im game..

[quote name='GoBengals' post='760987' date='Apr 3 2009, 12:05 PM']eh.. a"bunch" is an understatement...[b] the guy was ready for war...[/b]

that said, he has been clean and no issues since so if he wants to come play backup.. im game..[/quote]

Well, the guy's name IS Tank.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='760987' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:35 AM'][b]eh.. a"bunch" is an understatement... the guy was ready for war...

and the charges were quite serious.[/b]

that said, he has been clean and no issues since so if he wants to come play backup.. im game..[/quote]

Uh hem, ...its nothing compared to how much ammo is being sold today. What Tank had then is a drop in the bucket to the average buyer throughout the USA. People are buying ammo by the skid. Oh, and it doesn't matter what politics you believe. Ammo buyers belong to every party. Tank's problem was that he played for Chicago and kept his guns locally, ...bad move!

People need to realize that most sports media is entirely reactionary.. There are a few real pros who actually have insight and connections... But most are just parrots and vulchers.

The only thing that is going to change the things people write and say about the Bengals is winning. That's it, plain and simple. If we lose, they will write about why we lose. It doesn't matter if the perception is character, talent, facilities, ownership... Whatever.. It doesn't mean that any of what these people are writing or saying actually has any truth to it.

Including what the media will say about your decisions in football is truly akin to chasing your tail.

[quote name='Lucid' post='761036' date='Apr 3 2009, 12:50 PM']People need to realize that most sports media is entirely reactionary.. There are a few real pros who actually have insight and connections... But most are just parrots and vulchers.

The only thing that is going to change the things people write and say about the Bengals is winning. That's it, plain and simple. If we lose, they will write about why we lose. It doesn't matter if the perception is character, talent, facilities, ownership... Whatever.. It doesn't mean that any of what these people are writing or saying actually has any truth to it.

Including what the media will say about your decisions in football is truly akin to chasing your tail.[/quote]

Tabernacle.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='760987' date='Apr 3 2009, 11:35 AM']eh.. a"bunch" is an understatement... the guy was ready for war...

that said, he has been clean and no issues since so if he wants to come [b]play[/b] backup.. im game..[/quote]

I think he would have a great chance of starting if he is the same Tank Johnson that played for Chicago and he would def. get a lot of reps...but that's a big IF

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='761062' date='Apr 3 2009, 02:46 PM']lol, i noticed it cause you pointed out :lol:

[img]http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/images7/1999/analthis.jpg[/img] [b]you, you, you......[/b][/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='cinci1fan1' post='760875' date='Apr 2 2009, 09:49 PM']You know I seem to be agreeing more with your posts these days :mellow:[/quote]
You keep doing that and eventually I'll have to change your name to "Cleve1fan1".

And then we can create a subforum for you and Rumble called "Let's Make Fun Of The Browns Fans" and we'll lock you in there and poke you with sticks between the bars of the cage.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='761127' date='Apr 3 2009, 06:01 PM']You keep doing that and eventually I'll have to change your name to "Cleve1fan1".

And then we can create a subforum for you and Rumble called "Let's Make Fun Of The Browns Fans" and we'll lock you in there and poke you with sticks between the bars of the cage.[/quote]

:tongue2:

Ibin Sharmootah :wave:

Archived