American Idol Fans

MULLY

[quote name='soundstreamer' post='764223' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:25 PM']I will admit my superficial self was waiting for an absolutely horrid show but my God what an amazing voice. I dont have a clue the song she was singing but damn could she ever belt it. That was amazing!

Anyone have a link to the original song?[/quote]

The part you'll recognize starts at about 1:00 in...

[quote name='soundstreamer' post='764223' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:25 PM']I will admit my superficial self was waiting for an absolutely horrid show but my God what an amazing voice. I dont have a clue the song she was singing but damn could she ever belt it. That was amazing!

Anyone have a link to the original song?[/quote]
It's from [i]Les Miserables[/i] the play. It's called "I Dream A Dream". The lyrics and the choice of song make even more apropos the woman and her sidestory singing it.

There was a time when men were kind
When their voices were soft
And their words inviting
There was a time when love was blind
And the world was a song
And the song was exciting
There was a time
Then it all went wrong

I dreamed a dream in times gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung
No wine untasted
But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hope apart
And they turn your dream to shame
He slept a summer by my side
He filled my days with endless wonder
He took my childhood in his stride
But he was gone when autumn came
And still I dream he'll come to me
That we'll live the years together
But there are dreams that cannot be
And there are storms we cannot weather
[b]I had a dream my life would be
So much different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed
The dream I dreamed.[/b]

Edit: the bolded part being the most powerful, at least to me in general, and especially in light of this Ms Susan Boyle and her previous existence as a spinster, lonely cat owning caretaker of a recently dead mother.

And I don't give a damn if it was staged for dramatic effect, which is even likely. It's a hopeful piece of video.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='764232' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:44 PM']Loved loved loved Les Mis[/quote]

I thought it was a 2 1/2 hour bore spawned by the tragic collision collision of a piano and a lobotomized community college music drop-out.

I like that song though...

[quote name='Elflocko' post='764233' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:47 PM']I thought it was a 2 1/2 hour bore spawned by the tragic collision collision of a piano and a lobotomized community college music drop-out.

I like that song though...[/quote]
:lol:
I agree wholeheartedly. The lyrics in that song need a metal band for proper rendition of sorrow!

:lol:

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='764256' date='Apr 16 2009, 12:31 AM']Don't feel too bad about crying like a little girl, Bung. I was almost there. Almost.[/quote]
I was there, repeatedly. Weird shit can make me cry. My Dad will die soon, and I don't think I'll cry much. But some frumpy chick from England on a sensationalized American Idol show, and yepp, I'm bawling.

Yup.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Elflocko' post='764233' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:47 PM']I thought it was a 2 1/2 hour bore spawned by the tragic collision collision of a piano and a lobotomized community college music drop-out.

I like that song though...[/quote]

I like that it is about hookers and revolutions. France has fallen a long way from those glorious days.

[quote name='sois' post='772584' date='May 1 2009, 06:46 PM']I like that it is about hookers and revolutions. France has fallen a long way from those glorious days.[/quote]

Might have been more bearable had they shown some tit...

Archived