Jacko Dead

VonBlade

As a tribute I have to share my favorite Michael Jackson reference.

Enjoy...

[url="http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150478/?searchterm=The+Mexican+Staring+Frog+of+Southern+Sri+Lanka"]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1504...thern+Sri+Lanka[/url]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='782351' date='Jun 26 2009, 09:57 AM']Wow....they say it happens in 3's. Jackson the big shocker....the other 2 expected.

Strange week all. <_<[/quote]

I think this is going to be one of those "Do you remember where you were when you heard....." moments in our lives. Every generation has at least one moment when people can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. I think for our parents (over 60) the Kennedy assassination is one. Then we have the day Elvis died and the Space Shuttle exploding. I honestly believe the Michael Jackson news will be right up there with them.

For me, I was at my grandma's house laying on the floor with a coloring book. My aunt and uncle came rushing into the house from the car screaming "Turn on the TV, Elvis died". I can see that as plain as if it happened yesterday. As for the space shuttle, I was at school in shop class. Oddly enough our music teacher was on the short list as one of the teachers to go up in the shuttle so we had the TV going in all the classrooms.

I don't think I'll forget that I came into work this morning and saw "Jacko Dead" on this forum. When I first saw it I was like "Who's Jacko?" and immediately thought of Nicholson. My jaw hit the fucking floor when I saw it was Michael. Like I said, I was never a really big fan of his but damn, this is a shocker.
MULLY

uh, not me. Couldn't care less about Michael. He "died" a long time ago. like 17 skin-whitenings, and 42 plastic surgeries ago.

If he didn't commit suicide, or die from complications from one of those procedures, I'll be in shock.

I'd be willing to bet one thing- The man is at peace for the first time in a long, long time.
R.I.P.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='782356' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:30 PM']I think this is going to be one of those "Do you remember where you were when you heard....." moments in our lives. Every generation has at least one moment when people can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. I think for our parents (over 60) the Kennedy assassination is one. Then we have the day Elvis died and the Space Shuttle exploding. I honestly believe the Michael Jackson news will be right up there with them.

For me, I was at my grandma's house laying on the floor with a coloring book. My aunt and uncle came rushing into the house from the car screaming "Turn on the TV, Elvis died". I can see that as plain as if it happened yesterday. As for the space shuttle, I was at school in shop class. Oddly enough our music teacher was on the short list as one of the teachers to go up in the shuttle so we had the TV going in all the classrooms.

I don't think I'll forget that I came into work this morning and saw "Jacko Dead" on this forum. When I first saw it I was like "Who's Jacko?" and immediately thought of Nicholson. My jaw hit the fucking floor when I saw it was Michael. Like I said, I was never a really big fan of his but damn, this is a shocker.
MULLY[/quote]

I was shooting hoops in my backyard when my mom came out and told me about Elvis. I was at work when the shuttle blew up. This time my wife pulling in the driveway and me out watering the plants out frt...she said Michael Jackson died...... :blink:

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='782357' date='Jun 25 2009, 08:37 PM']uh, not me. Couldn't care less about Michael. He "died" a long time ago. like 17 skin-whitenings, and 42 plastic surgeries ago.

If he didn't commit suicide, or die from complications from one of those procedures, I'll be in shock.

I'd be willing to bet one thing- The man is at peace for the first time in a long, long time.
R.I.P.[/quote]

X2

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='782360' date='Jun 26 2009, 10:51 AM']I was shooting hoops in my backyard when my mom came out and told me about Elvis. I was at work when the shuttle blew up. This time my wife pulling in the driveway and me out watering the plants out frt...she said Michael Jackson died...... :blink:[/quote]

I totally neglected 9/11 in my last post. I was at band practice and my wife called me and told me that a plane had hit the WTC. A little later I got another call about the second plane, realized it was terrorism so we packed up and went home.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='782367' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:36 PM']I totally neglected 9/11 in my last post. I was at band practice and my wife called me and told me that a plane had hit the WTC. A little later I got another call about the second plane, realized it was terrorism so we packed up and went home.
MULLY[/quote]

The Challenger explosion will be the one all remember because of the teacher. I already don't know where I was when the Columbia blew up on reentry. Stranglely, in my life, there have been 3. The Challenger I was home sick in my parents bed and the Twin Towers I was sitting out side a video store while my wife was in applying for a manager's position. The third oddly enough was Princess Diana's death. I true princess in our time, even if she wasn't from the states. I also Remember what song was on the radio before Alan Kuwicki (Race driver) death was announced on the radio and I remember where I Was when Earnhardt and Davey Allison died but I don't think Race car drivers count. :) I will also remember Davey's brother, simply because he crashed almost right in front of me in Michigan. Funny thing is, I don't watch racing anymore.

Still, I don't think this will be remembered like that by everyone. Sure some people will be, but I doubt I will be one of them. Still sad. RIP Jacko.

I've digitally altered his face to show what he looks like now, below:

[img]http://g8.undercoverhd.com/imgsresized/article/080514MichaelJackson68225.jpg[/img]

Thank heavens we still have his Desi incarnation with us:

[img]http://www.fuinha.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/golimar.jpg[/img]

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0)

I dont remember any shuttle stuff, 9/11 i was sleeping hopefully till noon-1pmish like normal, curret wife, g/f of about 1 day at the time called me and said someone bombed NYC, i was wondering what she was talking about and why her step dad was screaming around the house like a woman behind her.

and i said "hmm.. thats crazy" tired and groggy and not really understanding what was going on, was home alone, etc..

so i rolled over to see the tv, which was on espn, which had turned to that news too, so i changed to cnn i think and saw the other one hit behind the broadcaster guy.. and i was like "they just reshowed it thats crazy" and they said it was the second one or something on tv..

im PRETTY sure i went back to sleep, she skipped class and came over i think. ... her step dad didnt want her driving anywhere... like the agenda was..

1. Blow up shit in NYC
2. Mason, oh - neighborhood streets off tylersville road.
3. Pentagon

i later grasped the gravity of what was going down after i woke up a bit..

as for jacko - i was at work, got 6 texts in about a 2 minute span about it.... crazy....

Archived