Jacko Dead

VonBlade

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='782365' date='Jun 25 2009, 10:30 PM']i don't give a fuck what anyone says, Thriller to this day is my number 1 album in my heart. and a bunch of other stuff from the 70's as well.

RIP MJ -_-

[img]http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/08078/images/nrr1_en.jpg[/img][/quote]
Thriller was my first record and one my favorite memories! My grandpa call me and my cousin over so we could hear the record he just got and to our surprise it was Michael Jackson's Thriller. :wuhh:

[b]Challenger explosion [/b]
I was at school watching it live and I remember the teacher's freaking out!

[b]9/11[/b]
The day before, I had just taken my dad to his first game at PBS and was trying to sleep a long day off. My wife (GF at time) woke me up and said a plane had hit the twin towers. I went back to sleep thinking it was a small plane and not a big deal. Then she came in and said that a 2nd plane hit the other tower. So I finally get out of bed and just about shit my self when a F-16 breaks the sound barrier over my house!! :panicbutton: Get outside and everyone on my street is outside thinking a plane went down and my wife in the house crying and holding my 8 month old little girl.

[b]Michael Jackson[/b]
Its kind of strange but I was watching the weather channel.

[quote name='Go Tory Go!' post='782379' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:55 PM'][img]http://www.fuinha.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/golimar.jpg[/img]

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0)[/quote]

HELL YES! I'll eat wasabe off my dude!!!!!!!!

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='782390' date='Jun 26 2009, 03:22 PM']May very well be the greatest entertainer in history...

His personal life and now between him and God.....[/quote]

You know, when I first read the news that he died I thought to myself "Wow, this is going to be as big as when Elvis died." I'm seeing now that it's not even close. It's a big deal all over the place but not at the magnitude that Elvis was so I'm going to put Elvis as the greatest entertainer in history.
MULLY
there has only been snippets about MJ on the news here in Japan. My Japanese friends tell me that when Elvis died it was "all Elvis all day"

Elvis wins!..........but I'm guessing there will be more Michael on TV here later on tonight and tomorrow. The news hit here about 7:00am so they didn't have time to work things up. We'll see tomorrow.

He is (was) a few months older than me, so this stuff was my first exposure to him. These are versions where just his voice (and his brother a little) is isolated. He was an amazing prodigy.

Then, nigga lost his damn mind. (if that offended you, lighten up or fuck off...It's ok, I'm one third Indian) ^_^

It would be impossible to be MJ and be normal. However, he made no attempt to be normal. He relished being abnormal, any way you look at it. Who's to say how any of us would react if we were in his situation though.

I feel sorry for big celebrities who can't go out in public, but in reality, they have the power to end it, at least most of it. They become addicted to the fame though. Of course John Lennon wrote this:

[quote][i][size=1]People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm o.k. well they look at me kind of strange
Surely you're not happy now you no longer play the game

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

Ah, people asking questions lost in confusion
Well I tell them there's no problem, only solutions
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind
I tell them there's no hurry
I'm just sitting here doing time

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go [/size][/i][/quote]

and he still got shot. :quiver:

That's why I decided not to become rich and famous. You become a prisoner in a sense.

I don't know. This won't be one of those "days that I remember" for me. He just got too weird, even if you're one of the few who doesn't think he probably molested children. Take all of those allegations away as if they'd never happened. [b]He still turned himself into a white woman !!![/b]

Fucker was insane.

I can't make myself care. I thought the dude was a weirdo pedophile a long time ago and wrote him off then. It didn't help his cause that he hadn't had a hit record in over a decade.

I've always remembered him as the "Off The Wall" Michael, right when he was breaking out and I was a kid. After Thriller, the rest was, well, pretty crappy.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='782356' date='Jun 25 2009, 09:30 PM']I think this is going to be one of those "Do you remember where you were when you heard....." moments in our lives. Every generation has at least one moment when people can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news. I think for our parents (over 60) the Kennedy assassination is one. Then we have the day Elvis died and the Space Shuttle exploding. I honestly believe the Michael Jackson news will be right up there with them.

For me, I was at my grandma's house laying on the floor with a coloring book. My aunt and uncle came rushing into the house from the car screaming "Turn on the TV, Elvis died". I can see that as plain as if it happened yesterday. As for the space shuttle, I was at school in shop class. Oddly enough our music teacher was on the short list as one of the teachers to go up in the shuttle so we had the TV going in all the classrooms.

I don't think I'll forget that I came into work this morning and saw "Jacko Dead" on this forum. When I first saw it I was like "Who's Jacko?" and immediately thought of Nicholson. My jaw hit the fucking floor when I saw it was Michael. Like I said, I was never a really big fan of his but damn, this is a shocker.
MULLY[/quote]

I think I was riding in the car with my dad and they had said something about Elvis dying
on the radio. The Challenger blowing up, my brother and I were standing in my parents
front yard watching it happen right before our eyes. We lived in Indian Harbor Beach at
the time which is about 30 miles south of the Cape.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' post='782424' date='Jun 26 2009, 08:54 AM']Man, is this joke making the rounds! My wife heard this one at work today! :D[/quote]
I heard that joke about 15 years ago....and still use it. And out of respect, I won't recount some other tasteless MJ jokes at this time.

For those of us who loved Michael the entertainer, yesterday was a bad day. For those of us that loved Michael the humanitarian, yesterday was a bad day. I will admit, Michael became very eccentric in his later years, but I think a lot of people that get into the spotlight do, and Michael's spotlight may have been the brightest in history. Many of you will think of "Beat It" or "Thriller", but I remember "ABC", and the Superbowl halftime performance that had a higher rating than the game itself. I also remember "We Are The World". This is the guy I wanted to be as a performer, the kid I imitated until I realized I would never scale those heights. So thank you, Michael, and may you be on the stage for the Lord from now on!!

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='782436' date='Jun 26 2009, 03:41 PM']I heard that joke about 15 years ago....and still use it. And out of respect, I won't recount some other tasteless MJ jokes at this time.[/quote]

yeah, I remembered it from years and years ago. It finally came in handy.

I think it's ok to make MJ jokes now. The grieving process should be near completion. :ninja:

[quote name='CrazyIrishman5' post='782388' date='Jun 26 2009, 01:34 AM']Thriller was my first record and one my favorite memories! My grandpa call me and my cousin over so we could hear the record he just got and to our surprise it was Michael Jackson's Thriller. :wuhh:

[b]Challenger explosion [/b]
I was at school watching it live and I remember the teacher's freaking out!

[b]9/11[/b]
The day before, I had just taken my dad to his first game at PBS and was trying to sleep a long day off. My wife (GF at time) woke me up and said a plane had hit the twin towers. I went back to sleep thinking it was a small plane and not a big deal. Then she came in and said that a 2nd plane hit the other tower. So I finally get out of bed and just about shit my self [b]when a F-16 breaks the sound barrier over my house!! [/b]:panicbutton: Get outside and everyone on my street is outside thinking a plane went down and my wife in the house crying and holding my 8 month old little girl.

[b]Michael Jackson[/b]
Its kind of strange but I was watching the weather channel.[/quote]

I remember that too, sounded like a bomb going off. My brother called me and said the news is reporting that a plane crashed into the VA center in Dayton. I remember driving home and not seeing any smoke or hearing any sirens and didn't think anymore about, ever, until I read your post.

The day John Lennon was shot will stick in my head a lot longer than MJ passing.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='782488' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:05 PM']Sorry in advance if this is being discussed elsewhere, but what is your feeling about Ocho Cinco's twitter post about this?[/quote]

guessing you mean this one?

[quote]Okay, first Mrs. Fawcett now Mr. Jackson, please tell me that this is a mistaken rumor, if not this is just as sad as 9/11[/quote]

[quote name='Go Skins' post='782493' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:27 PM']Yup, that one.[/quote]

well, while I don't personally agree, its his opinion not mine. Further, from the reactions I've seen and read today, I won't pretend to try and say that I can grasp the impact that Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 had on the African-American community during the last 3+ decades.

he also followed it up with these two:

[quote]# The 9/11 was a bit over the top, i am just in an emotional state right now, bare with me while i regroup people, be back in 10 minutesabout 19 hours ago from web
#
okay not as bad as 911, its sad period, both situations my goodness people, they just said he is okay in the hospital,about 19 hours ago from web[/quote]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='782502' date='Jun 26 2009, 02:21 PM']When Farrah got to heaven God asked her if she had one wish, what would it be. She said for all the children to be safe, so he killed Michael Jackson.

Too soon? :unsure:[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='782502' date='Jun 26 2009, 03:21 PM']When Farrah got to heaven God asked her if she had one wish, what would it be. She said for all the children to be safe, so he killed Michael Jackson.

Too soon? :unsure:[/quote]

:lol:

Archived