Beanie hurt same day he signs contract

JC

[quote]Durability concerns likely caused running back Beanie Wells to slide to the bottom of the first round of the 2009 draft.

And on the same day he signed a rookie contract and got to work, Beanie got hurt.

He was carted off the field with a left leg injury, according to the team's official web site.

His status for Sunday's practice isn't known. But any time the term "cart" is used in the football context without "golf" in front of it, there's reason to be pessimistic.[/quote]

Per PFT. I can't imagine the shitstorm that would be going on here had we drafted him and this happened. Bad luck for the Cards. At least they have Hightower.

[quote name='Jason' date='02 August 2009 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1249238988' post='787704']
Per ESPN it's a sprained ankle that does not appear to be serious.
[/quote]
Dude needs Marvin White toughness..

I used to think "cart" meant it was serious, but any more, they throw that term around. I've seen them use "cart" to describe anywhere from a player being strapped down to a stretcher to somebody being walked off the field.

They should be more literal so as not instill panic, but instead they strategically use words to get their story read.

• 2 weeks later...
Beanie returns to practice and down he goes.

[quote]
Beanie reinjures his ankle
Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2009 6:04 AM ET
Cardinals rookie running back Chris "Beanie" Wells, the 31st overall pick in the 2009 draft, injured his ankle on the same day he signed his rookie contract.

Wells recently returned to practice. On Tuesday night, however, Wells reinjured the ankle.

Per Mike Jurecki of XTRA Sports 910 in Phoenix, Wells said he was "OK" -- but his status for the team's next preseason game, on Saturday night against the Chargers, remains undecided.

Wells missed the preseason opener last week against the Steelers.

According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, Wells had seemed to be favoring the ankle since returning to practice.

Wells faced durability questions, and his current status is doing nothing to provide an answer other than, "Maybe he isn't."
[/quote]

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='19 August 2009 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1250707051' post='792758']
FUCK THE HATERS.

that is all...
[/quote]

Hey now; I'm a huge Buckeye fan but I've always found his durability suspect and was really happy we didn't draft him.

I hope he's successful but it's not looking good so far.

The proof is in the product, no?

[quote name='Elflocko' date='20 August 2009 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1250707198' post='792763']
Hey now; I'm a huge Buckeye fan but I've always found his durability suspect and was really happy we didn't draft him.

I hope he's successful but it's not looking good so far.

The proof is in the product, no?
[/quote]
shh.. no need to reply to my drunken posting.. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived