Green Bay is going to be a hard game

[quote name='soundstreamer' date='13 September 2009 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1252893545' post='802298']
Anyone else watching the Green Bay and Chicago game? The pass rush from the Packers scares the hell out of me with the Bengals inexperienced line. They are all over Cutler.

With Brats playcalling and the Oline I dont like the looks of next weekend.
[/quote]After a loss today's I think it's going to be very very difficult for the Bengals to recover.. If they had won as they should have I would have given them an outside shot vs the Packers. But not after what happened today..I think GB will beat us unfortunately

[quote name='soundstreamer' date='13 September 2009 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1252893545' post='802298']
Anyone else watching the Green Bay and Chicago game? The pass rush from the Packers scares the hell out of me with the Bengals inexperienced line. They are all over Cutler.

[/quote]

The Pack could very well win the Super Bowl this year ... They kind of remind me of the Bengals in 2005 with a young gun slinger, 2 established WRs, a good running game, and a good O-Line.

The one weakness I am seeing is that Zimmer should have a field day getting to Rodgers... thier tackles seem to be SLOW, and with our quickness and blitz schemes, I could very easily see the Bengals racking up some sacks against the Pack.

And to tell you the truth... I'm very optimistic about how great our D looked today. If Leon and Jo Jo can stay healthy, with a good pass rush, I fully see one of them getting to the Pro Bowl... they looked real good to me.

[quote name='Since 87' date='13 September 2009 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1252893856' post='802304']
Cutler has not dropped back without being at least hurried. I'm just hoping Palmer doesn't miss more than 2 weeks after the pounding he's about to take.
[/quote]

Palmer will be fine. Chicago doesn't have the receivers we have. Palmer got rid of the ball pretty well late in the game when Denver blitzed. Our offense will improve and Green Bay is in for a tough game.

[quote name='Bengal27' date='13 September 2009 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1252894181' post='802307']
Palmer will be fine. Chicago doesn't have the receivers we have. Palmer got rid of the ball pretty well late in the game when Denver blitzed. Our offense will improve and Green Bay is in for a tough game.
[/quote]

GB defense is much better than the barely mediocre Denver defense team we played today. Most legit teams would have lit those donkeys up today. Scary to think how our offense will do against a much more legit defense

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='13 September 2009 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1252894276' post='802309']
Ahh I remember the days of scoring 3+ offensive TDs per game like it was normal and expected

Now 2 seems to be where the really high bar is set.

Gonna be really hard to not start 0-3 with GB and Pitt coming up
[/quote]

I will be interested to see how the Steelers are without Polamalu

[quote name='Jungle1' date='13 September 2009 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1252894554' post='802314']
I will be interested to see how the Steelers are without Polamalu
[/quote]

Still 100X better than Denver's defense in all honesty despite that

And that's not even an exaggeration really

Cutler is playing stupid, to put it simply.

If they send those 6 man blitzes in, Palmer will find a target. Watching Palmer today, I was very impressed with his poise in the pocket, and better yet, his instinct to scramble out when necessary, thats something I don't recall seeing from Palmer before. Green Bay's corners seem to be leaving a lot of room in man coverage, something our far superior WRs (in comparison to Chicago's) will actually be able to take advantage of.

It will be a tough game, but I'm not too worried.

[quote name='BengalsRZ' date='13 September 2009 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1252895067' post='802318']
Cutler is playing stupid, to put it simply.

If they send those 6 man blitzes in, Palmer will find a target. Watching Palmer today, I was very impressed with his poise in the pocket, and better yet, his instinct to scramble out when necessary, thats something I don't recall seeing from Palmer before. Green Bay's corners seem to be leaving a lot of room in man coverage, something our far superior WRs (in comparison to Chicago's) will actually be able to take advantage of.

It will be a tough game, but I'm not too worried.
[/quote]

For as rusty as he probably was, Palmer actually had a very good game. 64% completion rate, despite the 7 drops (of 12 incompletions). Even his inital interception wasn't an awful play. The only issue I really had with his play, which is a problem a lot of QB's have, is throwing passes on 3rd downs to WR's who aren't already past the first down marker. I recall him doing it at least twice. Not totally his fault though as WR's should be running their route deeper, or the OC shouldn't be calling that play.

What I really want to know, and it has been an issue in the past, is how much of the "poor" playcalling is Brat calling bad plays, and how much of it is Carson audibling to bad plays?

I think the D will keep it close. Hopefully this week knocked the rust off of the offense. They looked really fucking good at times, particularly when they threw the ball.

Why the hell did Scott not get any touches? Other than the -6 yard pass that was a horribly designed play.

[quote name='soundstreamer' date='13 September 2009 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1252893545' post='802298']

[/quote]

yeai totally hate it when brat calls the "dont block your guy at all so palmer gets creamed" play..

why would that play even be in the playbook?

sheesh...

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='14 September 2009 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1252897464' post='802334']
I think the D will keep it close. Hopefully this week knocked the rust off of the offense. They looked really fucking good at times, particularly when they threw the ball.

[b]Why the hell did Scott not get any touches? Other than the -6 yard pass that was a horribly designed play.[/b]
[/quote]

yep, we were having success with Benson beating Denver around the edge. I think Scott would have had even more success.

And I'm so glad we kept Leonard. Dude is money on blitz pickup.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='13 September 2009 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1252897464' post='802334']
[b]
Why the hell did Scott not get any touches? Other than the -6 yard pass that was a horribly designed play.[/b]
[/quote]

really? worked like 5 times against the GIANTS defense last year with chatman..

unless they drew it up for both receivers not to block their guy at all this time...

but that doent make a ton of sense..

id like to see more B Scott, but i doubt we do until we have a lead in the second half.. let Benson wear that ass out then play keep away with Scott.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='14 September 2009 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1252899255' post='802349']
really? worked like 5 times against the GIANTS defense last year with chatman..

unless they drew it up for both receivers not to block their guy at all this time...

but that doent make a ton of sense..

id like to see more B Scott, but i doubt we do until we have a lead in the second half.. let Benson wear that ass out then play keep away with Scott.
[/quote]

didn't look like they had enough blockers. The one guy on Scott read it and was on top of it immediately. Looked like the 2 outside receivers were occupied with a defender of their own. That was watching it live though

Archived