My, I Got Banned At Bengals.Com

Jesus, I just got suspended over at Bengals.com for helping them fight idiocy. I received an infraction for making a joking reference to Katie Brown's appearance (while others in the same thread did the same), and now I get suspended for telling some whack-job over there that thinks we should have kept Swank over Graham to (again, jokingly) "kill himself".

There's a d-bag moderator over there named "DennyG2" or some such that has had a hardon for me ever since I resumed posting over there recently. I only go there when our board is slow anyway, so no big loss, but Jesus is that site heavily moderated.

Fuck them.

[i]Fin.[/i]

What took you so long?

I got banned from there in 2006, when Roethlisberger had his motorcycle crash.
I wasn't sending well wishes for him to all the Stealers fans, so I got banned.

Fuck that site. I don't know why any self respecting Bengals fan would want to go there.
But I know you're not self respecting Bung, so I understand in your case. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif[/img]

Seriously though, fuck that place!

THIS IS THE BEST BENGALS SITE ON THE NET! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif[/img] ©

[quote name='Actium' date='22 September 2009 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1253666081' post='806381']
Did one of the moderator's sons get on the computer and start pressing random buttons?

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif[/img]

Seriously, you're lucky you haven't been banned here.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif[/img]
[/quote]

:lmao:

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='22 September 2009 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1253664577' post='806372']
I agree with what you're saying, but are you really surprised you got banned for telling someone to kill themselves on the team message board?
[/quote]
Not really. Frankly, I didn't even remember it. The mod in question trolled the thread days after I wrote it and banned me after the fact. I should clarify, I'm not banned, but suspended.

In my profile over there, the reason I was suspended was because of "constant insulting of other posters", which I in turn found insulting because it isn't true. I wasn't "constantly" insulting posters, I made a lame joke about Kate Brown over a month ago and got warned for it, and then this suspension, days after the post was made, and it was buried in the thread.

Ah well. This is and will always be home, but sometimes I just like to go over there and see how the other half lives.

Ce la vie.

[quote name='Actium' date='22 September 2009 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1253666081' post='806381']
Did one of the moderator's sons get on the computer and start pressing random buttons?

:ninja:

Seriously, you're lucky you haven't been banned here.

:ninja: :ninja:
[/quote]
Oh, you [i]are[/i] a funny, funny man...

:lol:

[quote name='Bunghole' date='22 September 2009 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1253666248' post='806383']
Not really. Frankly, I didn't even remember it. The mod in question trolled the thread days after I wrote it and banned me after the fact. I should clarify, I'm not banned, but suspended.

In my profile over there, the reason I was suspended was because of "constant insulting of other posters", which I in turn found insulting because it isn't true. I wasn't "constantly" insulting posters, I made a lame joke about Kate Brown over a month ago and got warned for it, and then this suspension, days after the post was made, and it was buried in the thread.

Ah well. This is and will always be home, but sometimes I just like to go over there and see how the other half lives.

Ce la vie.

Oh, you [i]are[/i] a funny, funny man...

:lol:
[/quote]

I am not afraid to pluck the low-hanging fruit.

And I'm not talking about Hines Ward.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='22 September 2009 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1253663899' post='806368']
Jesus, I just got suspended over at Bengals.com for helping them fight idiocy. I received an infraction for making a joking reference to Katie Brown's appearance (while others in the same thread did the same), and now I get suspended for telling some whack-job over there that thinks we should have kept Swank over Graham to (again, jokingly) "kill himself".

There's a d-bag moderator over there named "DennyG2" or some such that has had a hardon for me ever since I resumed posting over there recently. I only go there when our board is slow anyway, so no big loss, but Jesus is that site heavily moderated.

Fuck them.

[i]Fin.[/i]
[/quote]

We are united in our dislike for DennyG ... The man makes smileys of himself ... need I say more.

[quote name='cpalmer2004' date='22 September 2009 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1253667182' post='806387']
Wow that is bad arguing over a kicker. Just remember that the internet is the governments not yours just like at work when you post bad things.
[/quote]
The problem they have over there is that the Bengals (the Brown Family) own the website, so therefore, unflattering comments aren't welcome about them. Unless you're a Steeler fan of course.

The main issue I have with this whole deal (and the reason why I love the freedom of speech HERE) is that they are not consistent with how they enforce their rules. The mods over there knew I was a mod over here, made me change my username because it was triggering their language filters, and I get a general feeling that they look down on us over here, because we are "unofficial".

There were (and are) other posters that type stuff that doesn't get them a warning or suspension, but when it's me, WHAM goes the ban hammer. They are to Bengals fans as NFL referees are to the Steelers, meaning they protect their own and go out of their way to persecute anyone they don't like/agree with, etc.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_FL' date='22 September 2009 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1253667353' post='806392']
We are united in our dislike for DennyG ... The man makes smileys of himself ... need I say more.
[/quote]
He's a TERRIBLE moderator. He drive-bys just about everything he posts in, generally insults the messageboard populace over there if they don't agree with his "enlightened" opinion and is just kind of a dick in general. He instantly had a thing for me because I refuted things he said, then he went all a'trolling looking for ways to mute my voice. Fuck him.

I'm pretty surprised the other Admin don't rein him in. I even PM'd site admin about him basically stalking me in threads just to try to insult me. But it's OK when he does it...he's a moderator.

[quote name='gatorclaws' date='22 September 2009 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1253664577' post='806372']
I agree with what you're saying, but are you really surprised you got banned for telling someone to kill themselves on the team message board?
[/quote]

Everyone has been banned except you....ahahaha

I was reinstated when I shot a mod an PM telling him that he was out of line.....It took me 2 years to realized I was unbanned and that he appoligized lol
:machinegunyellow:

[quote name='Bunghole' date='22 September 2009 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1253667523' post='806393']
The problem they have over there is that the Bengals (the Brown Family) own the website, so therefore, unflattering comments aren't welcome about them. Unless you're a Steeler fan of course.

The main issue I have with this whole deal (and the reason why I love the freedom of speech HERE) is that they are not consistent with how they enforce their rules. The mods over there knew I was a mod over here, made me change my username because it was triggering their language filters, and I get a general feeling that they look down on us over here, because we are "unofficial".

There were (and are) other posters that type stuff that doesn't get them a warning or suspension, but when it's me, WHAM goes the ban hammer. They are to Bengals fans as NFL referees are to the Steelers, meaning they protect their own and go out of their way to persecute anyone they don't like/agree with, etc.
[/quote]

i dont think much attention is paid to the forum oiver thre by anyone who matters, it appears to be like pulling teeth to even be allowed to come to a practice for the mods.. ONCE a year.. so its easy to see the org gives no shits about the forum and sees littleto no value it in ... thus having the mods they do.

onlytwo people seem to be involved in the web at all for the team, and hobson is one of them.. so you see where is headed..

there are probably 2-3 better bengals forums than the bengals.com forum.

people call me a nazi here, but i can be, its mine, i made it, i pay for it, etc.. the mods at bengals.com, are just strange web-power hungry savages banning and pruning everything they can to give themselves some false worth...

at the end of the day, they have to justify why they spent several hours of the day for roughly nothing in return...

at least the mods here gets some interesting stories and info behind the scenes... :pooh_go: :pooh_go: :pooh_go:

You guys are funny. Free Bung it is! Where's Jason? He's a prolific poster on both sites, and an avowed Republican. How has he not managed to get banned yet? He's...a...[i]Republican[/i]! Isn't that dirty enough for those foul bastard Nazis over there? Jesus wept.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='22 September 2009 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1253671039' post='806408']
You guys are funny. Free Bung it is! Where's Jason? He's a prolific poster on both sites, and an avowed Republican. How has he not managed to get banned yet? He's...a...[i]Republican[/i]! Isn't that dirty enough for those foul bastard Nazis over there? Jesus wept.

[/quote]

Actually there are a lot more Republicans there than there are here.

Particularly among the moderators.

[quote name='Jason' date='22 September 2009 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1253671639' post='806413']
Actually there are a lot more Republicans there than there are here.

[b]Particularly among the moderators[/b].
[/quote]
Hey man! How you doing?

And I agree. "Joe From Florence" is quite unlikely to be a blue-blooded Democrat! :lol:
I got waterboarded, though, and I lean conservative too, although I cannot in good faith any longer associate myself with the Republican Party....or the Democrats, for that matter.

Still, this thing with the bengals.com board is interesting...

My my...Poor Bung. And you were being pretty good I thought.

It's nice over at this site. Rarely do I have to correct the occasional idiot. ;)

Over there...I can let out workplace frustration on unsuspecting morons all the time.

Seriously though...I may get banned too.

I called a poster....a sign post. I know. I was wrong. I shouldn't have. It's not nice.

I'm sorry. -_- :44:

[quote name='BengalSIS' date='22 September 2009 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1253672204' post='806420']
My my...Poor Bung. And you were being pretty good I thought.

It's nice over at this site. Rarely do I have to correct the occasional idiot. ;)

Over there...I can let out workplace frustration on unsuspecting morons all the time.

Seriously though...I may get banned too.

I called a poster....a sign post. I know. I was wrong. I shouldn't have. It's not nice.

I'm sorry. -_- :44:
[/quote]

were you at the Broncos game?

Archived