Does Benson's comments rub anyone else the wrong way

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='21 December 2009 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1261438046' post='846391']
I think you're being a little too sensitive about this. As far as you know Ced hardly knew Chris at all. Hey, a guy that I know here in Japan died 2 weeks ago. I want you to cry and mourn his death like he was your own.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's exactly what it is. Ced may not have had much interaction with Henry so why would you expect him to be all broken up about it? Plus, what he said wasn't bad at all.
MULLY
[/quote]

And even if he did, people just flat out have different reactions. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, there were a few long time friends that wouldn't stop by. Other people surprised her. I know it is a little different, but the bottom line is everyone reacts and deals with things differently.

this is who benson is. benson wants to be the man.. the only man and anyone else is his enemy. he wants his team to win,. but he wants to be the man at RB.

he likes bernard and helps him.. but he looks like he wants to stab someone when LJ is on the field.

i dont see EXACTLY why anyone is surprised by this.. its the same issue he had in chicago.. and we seem to use LJ as a motivator to Benson.. if benson isnt doing great.. in comes LJ and typically benson comes back in and wrecks shit up..

benson requires twice the pamering and ego padding that chad does (imo).. which is pretty impressive....

benson has a goot shot at 1300-1400 yards.. at over 1100 right now.. and two teams to go.. he should get a couple TD's too..

makings of a very good season for him.. and scott and lj shouldnt be too shabby either..

nice running attack... benson will NEED to be the head horseman tho... or he will be pissed.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='21 December 2009 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1261453864' post='846500']
benson has a goot shot at 1300-1400 yards.. at over 1100 right now.. and two teams to go.. he should get a couple TD's too..

makings of a very good season for him.. and scott and lj shouldnt be too shabby either..

nice running attack... benson will NEED to be the head horseman tho... or he will be pissed.
[/quote]

If that's the case, I don't have a problem really. He should be the man at RB, cause he's the best player there imo. He's still young too with this being his 1st year of full load carries. Realistically LJ will go elsewhere to have a shot to start after finishing up his 1 yr tenure here and Scott and Leonard will still be around and are a great 2-3 punch.

All's good.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='21 December 2009 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1261453738' post='846499']
this is who benson is. benson wants to be the man.. the only man and anyone else is his enemy. he wants his team to win,. but he wants to be the man at RB.

he likes bernard and helps him.. but he looks like he wants to stab someone when LJ is on the field.

i dont see EXACTLY why anyone is surprised by this.. its the same issue he had in chicago.. and we seem to use LJ as a motivator to Benson.. if benson isnt doing great.. in comes LJ and typically benson comes back in and wrecks shit up..

benson requires twice the pamering and ego padding that chad does (imo).. which is pretty impressive....
[/quote]

I think you are right. And teams do use kid gloves when dealing with their superstars. Look at how everyone in NE bends over backwards to tell Randy Moss how great they think he is even when he's not playing hard.

It's just a matter of how talented they are vs. how much of a pain in the ass they are to deal with. Cedric really has had a great season. He hasn't been great lately, but he made some really great plays early in the season. Later in his career, when his talent starts declining, if he's still a pain in the ass, teams won't put in the effort to make him happy.

I like Ced but I'm not sure resigning him in 2011 should be a priority. He'll be 28 and will probably want a big long term deal. Probably not worth it.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='22 December 2009 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1261457875' post='846514']
If that's the case, I don't have a problem really. He should be the man at RB, cause he's the best player there imo. He's still young too with this being his 1st year of full load carries. Realistically LJ will go elsewhere to have a shot to start after finishing up his 1 yr tenure here and Scott and Leonard will still be around and are a great 2-3 punch.

All's good.
[/quote]

thats pretty much my feeling as well..

HOWEVER.. this can ONLY work while we are winning... a 6-10 season with an attitude like that will be a bad...bad thing..... but on a winning team, its not an issue, they stil lwant the carries and attention but are happy winning, too.

for those who attend games... its kind of funny seeing both Benson and Chad lobbying to the sideline for a play for them.. one time, chad was pointing to himself, and put up begging hands.. benson saw him, stepped in front of him and waved his hands like "no...no.. no passing" and patted his chest...

at least i found it funny...

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='22 December 2009 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1261460192' post='846522']
give LJ all the attempts benson has and i think his #'s would be AT LEAST the same. LJ has more playmaker ability and runs just as hard and fast but has way better vision.
[/quote]

you so crazy.

[quote name='FulcherVulcher33' date='21 December 2009 - 04:49 PM' timestamp='1261428549' post='846360']
Bullshit
[/quote]
You haven't been watching close enough then.

[quote]i disagree completely. [/quote]
Go back and compare their carries from last game then. Ced hits the hole harder and faster.

the entire coaching staff agrees.... by theway..

larry is fresher having only had 165 carries.. but benson is faster. and younger, and undoubtedly gets to the line faster... larry is probably stronger without much question.. i like bensons vision better, tho larry's history says he has great vision too..

larry is 30+ and has 1400 carries on those tires... his job is to spell benson and be a security blanket .... he wont be here next year.. and its because benson is the better back now and for the future.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='22 December 2009 - 02:32 AM' timestamp='1261463545' post='846535']
the entire coaching staff agrees.... by theway..

larry is fresher having only had 165 carries.. but benson is faster. and younger, and undoubtedly gets to the line faster... larry is probably stronger without much question.. i like bensons vision better, tho larry's history says he has great vision too..

larry is 30+ and has 1400 carries on those tires... his job is to spell benson and be a security blanket .... he wont be here next year.. and its because benson is the better back now and for the future.
[/quote]
Wrd!
Johnson, besides being yet another Johnson in a long line of Johnsons, is a great security blanket to have. We have both Cedric and Larry by the nuts, really. If either of them wants another big payday...here's their chances to prove it.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1261419319' post='846288']
I think it just shows a lack of class on his part for the choice of words. I still think LJ is a better RB and is more productive when he is in the game. I think they are trying to keep Ced happy and not rock the boat by giving LJ such little carries. I think this is a mistake.
[/quote]
I think Ced has proven over the years he is not a very classy guy. All I want from him is to run the ball.

[quote name='GoBengals' date='21 December 2009 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1261453738' post='846499']

[/quote]

[b]Very impressed Go, you totally nailed it.[/b]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1261421734' post='846304']
I am not turning on him. I never have thought he was as good as some people have made him out to be. I would put him in the top 15.

I think LJ is a better RB than Ced plain and simple. I think the Bengals are making a mistake by not giving him more playing time. I think the scheme made Ced look better than he really is.
[/quote]

Gotta admit it sure is nice to have a lively discussion about which of our backs is better rather than which one sucks the least like the past few years. I like having two good punishing backs who are not afraid to get that extra yard the hard way. The Vikings may have a beast in Peterson but they are running that guy way too much in today's league imo. I think we are very lucky to have both and we have the great redeemer, Mike Brown the thank. I just gave Mike Brown a compliment. Must be snowing in hell.

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='21 December 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1261421173' post='846297']
Nothing wrong with what he said. Would it have been better for him and the rest of the team to cry 24/7 and quit playing football. He pretty much said the same shit as Marvin and Co. It's horrible, but you have to move on and do your job regardless.

Can't believe how people are shitting on Ced and all on LJ's dick. Ced was a monster up until he got hurt, then he came back and he's still playing just as well, except now there's also LJ. Yeah that one play where he went out of bounds was bad, but it's one fucking play. He's made a million more where he was surely stopped but somehow got extra yards.

Some of these fans are so fickle. They'll turn on anyone without a moments notice
[/quote]
Thank you. I feel the same. Cedric's been a beast this year and now everybody is on LJ's dick. Fuck LJ. Pre-LJ 7-2 and Post-LJ 2-3. Great addition. Nothing wrong with what Cedric said. He probably didn't know Henry plus they might have had some beef with one another. Nobody knows for sure. But as usual, the guy says one thing wrong during an emotional time and everybody wants to run him out of town and get on LJ's bandwagon. Again, fuck LJ.

[/quote]

wasnt that the issue with Chris Perry too?

[quote name='cwing' date='21 December 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1261427926' post='846356']
He is also running behind more overloaded sets than anyone else in the league. This means he is running behind 6 and at times 7 lineman. I am not saying this is a good or bad thing. However --- it is something to consider.
[/quote]

Which also means he generally sees more in the box, defensively.

[quote name='Xombie' date='24 December 2009 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1261676258' post='847217']
Which also means he generally sees more in the box, defensively.
[/quote]

I agree ------ my point was that it was something to consider.

Archived