Does Benson's comments rub anyone else the wrong way

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/12/20/bengals.ochocinco/index.html

I want to see more of LJ. This comment on top of his effort yesterday doesn't sit well.

[quote]Not every Bengals was hit as hard as Ochocinco. Running back Cedric Benson, who is in his second season with Cincinnati, said afterward the news hit him hard during the week, but that he had refocused by Sunday. He added: "I wasn't really worried about all that stuff. That happened early in the week. It was addressed during the week. Yeah, it's unfortunate. But it is what it is. It happened."
[/quote]

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1261417105' post='846270']
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jim_trotter/12/20/bengals.ochocinco/index.html

I want to see more of LJ. This comment on top of his effort yesterday doesn't sit well.
[/quote]

He probably didnt know the henry very well. So from his point of view there is nothing wrong with that. He's just saying he had his head in the game. And wasn't distracted.

What amazes me that no one seems to understand is that every single person mourns in their own way...

If Ced was not that close to Chris then I am sure he he is not happy about his passing and probably thinks it sucks, but why does he have to get as broken up about it as someone like Chad who was close to Henry.....

Do you want Ced to fake cry and get emotional to satisfy your emotions?

It's Ced. I'm starting to understand what kind of person he is. he's just strange. I doubt he would come out and say in front of the media how he was going to "mourn" Chris. I doubt they were that close anywayas. He did his thing and got over it for the game.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='21 December 2009 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1261418166' post='846276']
What amazes me that no one seems to understand is that every single person mourns in their own way...

If Ced was not that close to Chris then I am sure he he is not happy about his passing and probably thinks it sucks, but why does he have to get as broken up about it as someone like Chad who was close to Henry.....

[/quote]

Truth.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='21 December 2009 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1261418166' post='846276']

[/quote]

I think it just shows a lack of class on his part for the choice of words. I still think LJ is a better RB and is more productive when he is in the game. I think they are trying to keep Ced happy and not rock the boat by giving LJ such little carries. I think this is a mistake.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1261419319' post='846288']
I think it just shows a lack of class on his part for the choice of words. I still think LJ is a better RB and is more productive when he is in the game. I think they are trying to keep Ced happy and not rock the boat by giving LJ such little carries. I think this is a mistake.
[/quote]

Yeah, LJ has been pretty solid when we give him a decent amount of protection. He runs hard as hell. Unless Ced changes his shit around, what will stand out most to me will be the run where he was 1 yard away from the 1st and could have fought for it, but fucking went out of bounds. LJ would have fuckin threw himself at that. Plus LJ's cutback run? That shit was great.

Nothing wrong with what he said. Would it have been better for him and the rest of the team to cry 24/7 and quit playing football. He pretty much said the same shit as Marvin and Co. It's horrible, but you have to move on and do your job regardless.

Can't believe how people are shitting on Ced and all on LJ's dick. Ced was a monster up until he got hurt, then he came back and he's still playing just as well, except now there's also LJ. Yeah that one play where he went out of bounds was bad, but it's one fucking play. He's made a million more where he was surely stopped but somehow got extra yards.

Some of these fans are so fickle. They'll turn on anyone without a moments notice

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='21 December 2009 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1261421173' post='846297']
Nothing wrong with what he said. Would it have been better for him and the rest of the team to cry 24/7 and quit playing football. He pretty much said the same shit as Marvin and Co. It's horrible, but you have to move on and do your job regardless.

Can't believe how people are shitting on Ced and all on LJ's dick. Ced was a monster up until he got hurt, then he came back and he's still playing just as well, except now there's also LJ. Yeah that one play where he went out of bounds was bad, but it's one fucking play. He's made a million more where he was surely stopped but somehow got extra yards.

Some of these fans are so fickle. They'll turn on anyone without a moments notice
[/quote]

Well said!

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' date='21 December 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1261421173' post='846297']

[/quote]

I am not turning on him. I never have thought he was as good as some people have made him out to be. I would put him in the top 15.

I think LJ is a better RB than Ced plain and simple. I think the Bengals are making a mistake by not giving him more playing time. I think the scheme made Ced look better than he really is.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1261419319' post='846288']
I think it just shows a lack of class on his part for the choice of words. [b] I still think LJ is a better RB and is more productive when he is in the game. [/b] I think they are trying to keep Ced happy and not rock the boat by giving LJ such little carries. I think this is a mistake.
[/quote]

:lol: I don't think LJ sucks, but there is a NOTICEABLE difference when Cedric is in the game.

speed: Benson
power: Benson
vision: LJ

I think everyone is jizz drunk on Ced. The guy has had a decent year, but he isn't that good. He is better than we have had in a while. Out of the top 20 RBs in yards, Ced is 18th in YPC. I am not saying he sucks, but he isn't this game breaker some people on here thinks he is. There is a reason why Chicago let him go.

If all take a step back and look ------- there may be some writting on the wall that Ced may be just what Marvin has been trying to get out of the locker room and the Ced from the Bears may not be that far off. 36 carries coming back from injury and all the insiders say it was to show Ced he was still the man. That may not be what is best for the team.

I am not saying he is a problem. However, the future could be interesting with him.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1261423659' post='846322']
I think everyone is jizz drunk on Ced. The guy has had a decent year, but he isn't that good. He is better than we have had in a while. Out of the top 20 RBs in yards, Ced is 18th in YPC. I am not saying he sucks, but he isn't this game breaker some people on here thinks he is. There is a reason why Chicago let him go.
[/quote]

He's 11th among backs with 200 carries or more and has basically 3 undrafted rookies + Coates and Foschi blocking for him.

Benson: 4.1ypc
LJ: 3.9ypc

And both you and I know that Benson being cut in Chicago had nothing to do with his on the field play.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='21 December 2009 - 03:27 PM' timestamp='1261423659' post='846322']
[/quote]

Can I have some off what you're smoking, cause it's sure got you fucked up in the head! Let me ask you a real question, do you just try to find something to bitch about every week so you can be a contrarion?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 December 2009 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1261424924' post='846331']
He's 11th among backs with 200 carries or more and has basically 3 undrafted rookies + Coates and Foschi blocking for him.

Benson: 4.1ypc
LJ: 3.9ypc

And both you and I know that Benson being cut in Chicago had nothing to do with his on the field play.
[/quote]
He is also running behind more overloaded sets than anyone else in the league. This means he is running behind 6 and at times 7 lineman. I am not saying this is a good or bad thing. However --- it is something to consider.

[quote name='cwing' date='21 December 2009 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1261427926' post='846356']
He is also running behind more overloaded sets than anyone else in the league. This means he is running behind 6 and at times 7 lineman. I am not saying this is a good or bad thing. However --- it is something to consider.
[/quote]

Well if we're bringing in extra blockers, it stands to reason its because we can't block well enough with just 5. That's an issue with the oline, not the RB.

A RB is only as good as his blockers.

And while what you say is probably true (not sure if there is a way to find out statistically), the jets, dolphins, and ravens all run a lot of overloaded sets as well. We probably run the most though.

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='22 December 2009 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1261421734' post='846304']
I am not turning on him. I never have thought he was as good as some people have made him out to be. I would put him in the top 15.
[/quote]

Yeah, and NFL stats has him at 7 and that's after missing 2 games. He was around 1 or 2 before that. But you know better.
MULLY

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' date='22 December 2009 - 03:38 AM' timestamp='1261417105' post='846270']

[/quote]

I think you're being a little too sensitive about this. As far as you know Ced hardly knew Chris at all. Hey, a guy that I know here in Japan died 2 weeks ago. I want you to cry and mourn his death like he was your own.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but that's exactly what it is. Ced may not have had much interaction with Henry so why would you expect him to be all broken up about it? Plus, what he said wasn't bad at all.
MULLY

Archived