2010 NCAA Tournament Thread

JC

[quote name='Hooky' date='19 March 2010 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1269016073' post='871698']
WTF?!?!! Did the Big East coaches have a meeting and decide to have a contest of who could play the crappiest in the tournament? WV' s down 10-0.
[/quote]

big east isnt that strong this year because none of the NCAA is strong this year. the tournament = a bunch of very average teams.

[quote name='#22' date='18 March 2010 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1268943513' post='871470']
Here's a question: who [i]doesn't[/i] have Duke going to the Final Four?
I think the only way they lose is if they play UofL in round 2 and Sosa goes off.
[/quote]

I have Nova beating them.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='19 March 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1269033359' post='871742']
big east isnt that strong this year because none of the NCAA is strong this year. the tournament = a bunch of very average teams.
[/quote]

Mostly true. There's more and more parity amongst the best teams from the so-called "nobody" conferences versus the "big name" schools seemingly every year.

I have to laugh though. I have a co-worker that is a huge Louisville fan and a Big East homer. He kept talking shit, warning me about how good the Big east teams were this year.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='20 March 2010 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1269092457' post='871834']
lol Duke homer.
[/quote]

i had richmond beating nova...nova is bad. if nova gets by st marys (which they might since they keep calling BS fouls on omar) then i cannot see Nova getting by Baylor. Nova doenst have anyone worth a shit in the post. When they beat Duke it was cuz they had Cunningham, now they have nothing down there and it makes them very 1 dimensional.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='20 March 2010 - 08:40 AM' timestamp='1269092457' post='871834']
lol Duke homer.
[/quote]

Called that one :) Big man drops 32 on Nova and had easy buckets and great position all day.

[quote name='JC' date='20 March 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1269111036' post='871863']
Jesus. Does Scottie Reynolds have calls go his way all the time? So frustrating to watch Nova shoot through when they're just getting the benefit of the doubt.
[/quote]

The only reason they beat RMU Thursday was because Scottie got a bunch of calls late in the game that put it into OT. The running joke with Nova the last 3 years is they get all the calls and the student sections are usually filled with people wearing refs jerseys. A ton of their fans had ref shirts on at that game today too.

[quote name='steggyD' date='20 March 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1269129994' post='871892']
Wow! The top team in the nation goes down ... what a tournament.
[/quote]

Fucking UN-BE-LIEVABLE. Seriously. KState is suddenly looking like a contender for the FF, but shit...is there some random St Whatever University that might upset them?

Seriously...UNREAL given Kansas' talent level. It makes one wonder if this helps UK or if they will fall victim too.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='20 March 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1269131104' post='871894']
Fucking UN-BE-LIEVABLE. Seriously. KState is suddenly looking like a contender for the FF, but shit...is there some random St Whatever University that might upset them?

Seriously...UNREAL given Kansas' talent level. It makes one wonder if this helps UK or if they will fall victim too.
[/quote]

as much as i hate UK, Wake is way too inconsistent and turnover prone. UK should beat them handily. Wisconsin is UKs toughest game before WVU (if WVU gets there)

so I meant to bring this up yesterday but forgot.

How much do you think time zones effect an East coast team playing a West coast team? I was thinking about that Friday night when Cal and Louisville had a 10pm tip off. What effect did that have on the Louisville players, especially considering it only felt like 7pm to the Cal players?

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 March 2010 - 07:55 AM' timestamp='1269176123' post='871921']
so I meant to bring this up yesterday but forgot.

How much do you think time zones effect an East coast team playing a West coast team? I was thinking about that Friday night when Cal and Louisville had a 10pm tip off. What effect did that have on the Louisville players, especially considering it only felt like 7pm to the Cal players?
[/quote]

i highly doubt it does. they are college kids and if u follow any of these guys on twitter they are all up well into the night just like any other college kid. Cal was a team that underachieved most of the year and UL was a team that was inconsistent all year. UL didnt use Samuels right and relied on just Sosa all year long. Cal was able to keep Sosa contained and UL got beat. Pitino didnt live up to his ability as a coach this year imo.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' date='21 March 2010 - 11:58 AM' timestamp='1269187135' post='871934']
i highly doubt it does. [b]they are college kids and if u follow any of these guys on twitter they are all up well into the night just like any other college kid.[/b] Cal was a team that underachieved most of the year and UL was a team that was inconsistent all year. UL didnt use Samuels right and relied on just Sosa all year long. Cal was able to keep Sosa contained and UL got beat. Pitino didnt live up to his ability as a coach this year imo.
[/quote]

yea but there's a difference between being online and playing a basketball game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='21 March 2010 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1269206461' post='871976']
yea but there's a difference between being online and playing a basketball game.
[/quote]

most of them are the clubs acting like fools 2 and 3 hours later than these games end so im sure they will be alright. at 24 years old and being up at 6am every day during the week i could totally get up for a game even if i wasnt used to that time and im in way worse condition and way lower athleticism than them.

[b]Thursday Sweet 16 schedule.....with [/b][url="http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/"][b]Vegas odds[/b][/url][b] as of Sunday night
[/b]7:07 Butler vs Syracuse (Syracuse -6 to -7)
7:27 West Virginia vs Washington (WVU -3.5 to -5.5)
9:37 Xavier vs Kansas St (KSU -4 to -5)
9:57 Kentucky vs Cornell (UK -9 to -10)
[b]Friday Sweet 16 schedule[/b]
7:07 Ohio St vs Tenn (OSU -4.5 to -5)
7:27 Baylor vs St Mary's (Baylor -3.5 to -4)
9:37 Michigan St vs Northern Iowa (MSU -4)
9:57 Purdue vs Duke (Duke -7 to -8.5)

GO BUCKEYES AND GO MUSKETEERS !!!!!

[quote name='oldschooler' date='22 March 2010 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1269258749' post='872051']
[b]Thursday Sweet 16 schedule.....with [/b][url="http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/"][b]Vegas odds[/b][/url][b] as of Sunday night
[/b]7:07 Butler vs Syracuse (Syracuse -6 to -7)
7:27 West Virginia vs Washington (WVU -3.5 to -5.5)
9:37 Xavier vs Kansas St (KSU -4 to -5)
9:57 Kentucky vs Cornell (UK -9 to -10)
[b]Friday Sweet 16 schedule[/b]
7:07 Ohio St vs Tenn (OSU -4.5 to -5)
7:27 Baylor vs St Mary's (Baylor -3.5 to -4)
9:37 Michigan St vs Northern Iowa (MSU -4)
9:57 Purdue vs Duke (Duke -7 to -8.5)

GO BUCKEYES AND GO MUSKETEERS !!!!!
[/quote]

Go Muskies, Go SEC (Kentucky) <_< , and GO VOLS!!!!

Archived