Undrafted Free Agents

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='24 April 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1272141675' post='883217']
I'd also like a QB to push Jordan. Zac Robinson maybe?
[/quote]
He was drafted by the Pats as one of the final 5 picks or so.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='24 April 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1272157892' post='883357']
SS Jeromy Miles from UMass signed with the Bengals.

[url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1258632"]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1258632[/url]
[/quote]

For what it is worth, Sporting News Draft magazine had Miles rated as the 6th safety and drafted in round 2 or 3. They did say he was a sleeper but has all the talent to start this year.

I don't know much about him, but I hope Sporting News is right!

Just a FYI, Stephen Williams from Toledo signed on with the Cards. I know the Bengals thought he could be their deep threat..but since they signed no UDFA this year at WR between Stephen or Freddie Barnes, and they must feel pretty confident about that position. I really like Briscoe and what he could bring. Hopefully Shipley can make us forget G.Tate was there for us.

I wish we could have gotten Blount and Barnes..bummer.

[quote name='JC' date='24 April 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1272163284' post='883406']
Just a FYI, Stephen Williams from Toledo signed on with the Cards. I know the Bengals thought he could be their deep threat..but since they signed no UDFA this year at WR, they must feel pretty confident about that position. I really like Briscoe and what he could bring. Hopefully Shipley can make us forget G.Tate was there for us.
[/quote]

IMO Shipley is better than Tate anyway, at least a better fit for the Bengals. Shipley's a better route runner and less of a diva.

[quote name='Bengals1181' date='24 April 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1272161544' post='883395']
man, that Bryan Evans video is really worth the watch. Could be a steal.
[/quote]
He looks good in coverage but shakey in run support. Even his highlights were 10 yards downfield.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='24 April 2010 - 08:13 PM' timestamp='1272165195' post='883417']
none were drafted

Anyone have any ideas about a QB who is still out ther who could come in and challenge Jordan? My list is dry.
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur2NfXtvQTs[/media]

[quote name='happyrid' date='25 April 2010 - 12:08 PM' timestamp='1272168533' post='883439']
I'm kind of surprised we didn't try to grab a QB in the draft. Seems like a QB would have a better chance of making the team than Briscoe or Stephens.
[/quote]
Not that it matters, but Briscoe was rated the #5 WR in the draft on NFL.com. He could be a steal.

Maybe Jordan's showing some growth? I'd like to think he's here to be more than Carson's sidekick on the golf course. :shrug:

[quote name='JC' date='24 April 2010 - 10:41 PM' timestamp='1272163284' post='883406']
Just a FYI, Stephen Williams from Toledo signed on with the Cards. I know the Bengals thought he could be their deep threat..but since they signed no UDFA this year at WR between Stephen or Freddie Barnes, and they must feel pretty confident about that position. I really like Briscoe and what he could bring. Hopefully Shipley can make us forget G.Tate was there for us.

I wish we could have gotten Blount and Barnes..bummer.
[/quote]
You mean they signed no UDFA at WR yet.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='24 April 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1272159938' post='883379']
S Bryan Evans
FB Cordera Eason
LB Vinny Rey
SS Jeremy Miles
LS Mike Windt
TE Jeff Cottam
RB Mikell Simpson
[/quote]
Have any college free agent signings by the Bengals been confirmed? I'm guessing that this is from Joe Reedy quoting other sources. That's kind of a joke, the guy who covers the Bengals locally can't report big stories like this directly. I was wondering because they aren't on the Bengals.com transactions page. And they're not on the Bengals Wiki page roster even though the other Wiki rosters for other teams are showing theirs.

[quote name='Hooky' date='25 April 2010 - 08:23 AM' timestamp='1272201823' post='883503']
Have any college free agent signings by the Bengals been confirmed? I'm guessing that this is from Joe Reedy quoting other sources. That's kind of a joke, the guy who covers the Bengals locally can't report big stories like this directly. I was wondering because they aren't on the Bengals.com transactions page. And they're not on the Bengals Wiki page roster even though the other Wiki rosters for other teams are showing theirs.
[/quote]

The Bengals won't confirm the signings until the start of Rookie Camp.

I saw some of them from twitter posts from their Agents, their schools
or from a guy that writes for Scout.com.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='25 April 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1272202078' post='883505']

[/quote]
Wouldn't it have to be posted somewhere so other teams don't waste their time approaching them?

[quote name='Hooky' date='25 April 2010 - 08:32 AM' timestamp='1272202379' post='883509']
Wouldn't it have to be posted somewhere so other teams don't waste their time approaching them?
[/quote]

I am sure NFL teams have a better way of knowing.

But there are a few sites that have them listed.

[url="http://www.mkrob.com/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents-list/"]http://www.mkrob.com...ee-agents-list/[/url]

[quote name='virginiastripes' date='25 April 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1272169164' post='883445']
You mean they signed no UDFA at WR yet.
[/quote]

Doubt a WR would want to come here. We returned 4 opening day roster guys (Cosby, Simpson, Chad, & Caldwell) from last year plus added Bryant & Jones. Then Drafted Shipley & Briscoe so there is 8 guys competing already with an edge over any UDFA. Then from the PS you have Purify and Brown.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='24 April 2010 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1272164126' post='883413']
Dont want to Highjack the thread but I would like to see them Sign JJ, Kelly and then go out and add Faneca and a vet RB like Betts or Fargas. Then I am cool with this offseason....
[/quote]

don't see room for a RB unless you are moving Leonard to FB.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='25 April 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1272202078' post='883505']

[/quote]

I think they announce it once they've filled all the spots.

[quote name='CougarQuest' date='24 April 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1272165664' post='883420']
Signing Mike Wendt is kind of interesting. Could be just camp fodder, but could be that Huber is REALLY comfortable with him.
[/quote]

well with a new kicker coming in, now would be the time to make the switch.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' date='24 April 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1272165195' post='883417']
none were drafted

Anyone have any ideas about a QB who is still out ther who could come in and challenge Jordan? My list is dry.
[/quote]

don't know if got drafted/signed elsewhere, but the Bengals were said to really like Jarrett Brown from West Virginia.

Archived