Shayne Graham released by Ravens

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1283695307' post='914511']
It's OK, I understand the importance of Andre Smith compared to something miniscule like a well leak or something.

P.S. How's the clean up going ? :)
[/quote]

Eh, just a bunch bullshit about people crying. It's oil it comes from the ground. Why you got to clean it up at all? Just dumb.

Shit, beaches aren't anything but sand which is glorified dirt anyway.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1283666914' post='914448']
No he wasn't. Lee Johnson did kickoffs and long field goals several years because Breech didn't have the leg. Shayne even had a better percentage inside the 40. I've posted the stats before for both of them.

Breech did make more game winning kicks, but a lot of that comes down to opportunity. Yes, Shayne missed those last two. Take those away and it's not even close.

Compare their stats yourself.

[url="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/breecjim01.htm"]http://www.pro-footb.../breecjim01.htm[/url]

[url="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/grahasha01.htm"]http://www.pro-footb.../grahasha01.htm[/url]

Breech between 30-39, 90 of 109--------82.5%
Shayne, 59 of 65-------90.7%

Breech between 40-49, 49 of 98-----50%
Shayne, 50 of 63-------79.3%

Breech over 50, 6 of 26-------23%
Shayne, 7 of 14-----50%

Overall, Breech 71.5%
Shayne 85.2%

Shayne is the best kicker we've ever had.
[/quote]

You forgot the "Choke in Clutch Situation" %

Breech: 0%

Graham: 88.7%

Yeah.

That...

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1283659914' post='914439']
What the fuck's wrong with you guys?

Sis has always been cool in here. Shayne was the best kicker we've ever had. After the two misses, everyone understands it was time for him to move on, but for fuck's sake, show just a little class.
[/quote]

id rather have Breech or Pelfrey. they made clutch kicks.

WaiverWireSIS signing in...

Just signing in to say that my post to Old wasn't that he couldn't laugh. I see the irony in it all too, and I too think Shayne could have played it differently.

But he was just taking the whole deal in stride, and was asked to do an interview, and did it.

I didn't think he should have, and I wouldn't have. But I understand why he thought he should.

You'll recognize this..."it is what it is"...

The comments on here are not hurting my feelings...my comment that my feelings were hurt and that I was going to go take pot shots at others to feel better...let me clarify...

My feelings are not hurt. And yes, I was totally talking about a few that find entertainment as striking at people who fail. Eh...whatever, happens everywhere, and to all kinds of people, not just celebrity types. They are just the most fun to poke at.

Shayne is a success both in football and life, and no matter what happens after today, nothing can change what he's already accomplished, and it's a lot more than some of those that choose to call him names and things that I won't repeat. Luckily, most on this board are way above that kind of behavior, but I've heard it all at this point, and nothing surprises me anymore.

This board is one of the better ones, so I don't have much to worry about there. I mean, there's Rumble, but we all know about his issues...so we let it go..

Anyway, in the end...it's just football. Life goes on.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1283732209' post='914749']
WaiverWireSIS signing in...

Just signing in to say that my post to Old wasn't that he couldn't laugh. I see the irony in it all too, and I too think Shayne could have played it differently.

But he was just taking the whole deal in stride, and was asked to do an interview, and did it.

I didn't think he should have, and I wouldn't have. But I understand why he thought he should.

You'll recognize this..."it is what it is"...

The comments on here are not hurting my feelings...my comment that my feelings were hurt and that I was going to go take pot shots at others to feel better...let me clarify...

My feelings are not hurt. And yes, I was totally talking about a few that find entertainment as striking at people who fail. Eh...whatever, happens everywhere, and to all kinds of people, not just celebrity types. They are just the most fun to poke at.

Shayne is a success both in football and life, and no matter what happens after today, nothing can change what he's already accomplished, and it's a lot more than some of those that choose to call him names and things that I won't repeat. Luckily, most on this board are way above that kind of behavior, but I've heard it all at this point, and nothing surprises me anymore.

This board is one of the better ones, so I don't have much to worry about there. I mean, there's Rumble, but we all know about his issues...so we let it go..

Anyway, in the end...it's just football. Life goes on.
[/quote]

BengalSIS, you have handled everything that has been said on this board like a champ. I don't know how you put up with it at times. I wish Shayne the best on and off the field.

[quote name='ButchWalkerRokks' timestamp='1283732775' post='914753']
BengalSIS, you have handled everything that has been said on this board like a champ. I don't know how you put up with it at times. I wish Shayne the best on and off the field.
[/quote]

x2

[/quote]

Agreed Butch, well said.

Sis is one classy lady.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1283618594' post='914016']
I'm surprised - at least body of work-wise, Shayne is a much better kicker than Cundiff has been. He and Kris Brown will likely be kicking at some point this year, I suspect, between injuries and performance hiccups by other kickers.

Wonder whom the Bengals will keep? Nugent's had 2 50+, but Rayner's been pretty strong overall as well.
[/quote]

Kris Brown was place on IR today, ...he's done for this season.

[quote]While they put [b]Kris Brown[/b] and Andre Davis on IR and Anthony Hill on PUP, they did not announce Brian Cushing is on the suspended-reserve list. So they might still be in line to gain one roster spot.[/quote]

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/nfl-roster-analysis-2010/count/16

[/quote]

I don't always handle it well..not initially anyway. SIS has had her moments. But in the end, there are always going to be people putting down others...I can't change em.
I try sometimes when I feel up to it, but it rarely happens. If I even get one person to see things differently then for me it's worth it. These guys are just people and players just like us. They try hard and never want to let anyone down. Making a lot of money doesn't make their job any easier, and it doesn't mean that they should be any more perfect than the rest of us who do our own jobs. They are still human.

Just means they are good at something we all pay to watch. They owe us nothing but trying their best. They are a tv show we pay to watch and sometimes it has a happy ending and sometimes not.

Some on here tell me I shouldn't be so invested because I'm his sister and of course I'll be hurt, biased, whatever.

I would like to turn that around and say that some on here should remember these guys don't know most of you/fans, and there is no reason for some to get so emotional and personal with their comments. Both positive and negative. Cheer, yes, absolutely. Boooo, yes, when deserved. But personal shots and declarations...uncalled for. Heck, even putting them up on pedestals and worshipping them is not great either.

I'm supposed to not care about those negative comments that people should be allowed to have. And yet he's my brother and I'm not supposed to say anything in retaliation? Makes no sense to me.

Now...whether or not is helps my sanity to respond...different issue. But my sanity has been in question for years now...so. Might as well keep em guessing. :)

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1283733868' post='914764']
my sanity has been in question for years now...
[/quote]

Eh, you're a woman. Its hardly unexpected.

:lol:

Just kidding! You've been a helluva contributor here over the years, giving us insight into the life of an NFL player, and for that, I salute you!

**Salutes**

You're also pretty cool (and attractive), so if you ever find yourself available and in need of the company of a middle-aged, middle-management type, my # is 867-5309. Gimme a call!

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1283734117' post='914767']
Haha...alas...not. Dating...and happy. :)

I'm more expensive than my brother anyway, so it's probably for the best I'm off the market.
[/quote]

Pffft. You're not expensive. You just think you are.

I don't always handle it well..not initially anyway. SIS has had her moments. But in the end, there are always going to be people putting down others...I can't change em.
I try sometimes when I feel up to it, but it rarely happens. If I even get one person to see things differently then for me it's worth it. These guys are just people and players just like us. They try hard and never want to let anyone down. Making a lot of money doesn't make their job any easier, and it doesn't mean that they should be any more perfect than the rest of us who do our own jobs. They are still human.

Just means they are good at something we all pay to watch. They owe us nothing but trying their best. They are a tv show we pay to watch and sometimes it has a happy ending and sometimes not.

Some on here tell me I shouldn't be so invested because I'm his sister and of course I'll be hurt, biased, whatever.

I would like to turn that around and say that some on here should remember these guys don't know most of you/fans, and there is no reason for some to get so emotional and personal with their comments. Both positive and negative. Cheer, yes, absolutely. Boooo, yes, when deserved. But personal shots and declarations...uncalled for. Heck, even putting them up on pedestals and worshipping them is not great either.

I'm supposed to not care about those negative comments that people should be allowed to have. And yet he's my brother and I'm not supposed to say anything in retaliation? Makes no sense to me.

Now...whether or not is helps my sanity to respond...different issue. But my sanity has been in question for years now...so. Might as well keep em guessing. :)
[/quote]

Its completely understandable to have moments when you are frustrated with peoples comments on your brother. I think its only natural. You defend Shayne the football player but you should never have to defend Shayne the person. I assume that most of us don't all know Shayne the person so its especially unfair to cross those lines. Its always easier to shake someone's hand when they are on top then to stick by their side when they are down.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1283734347' post='914770']
Tell Shayne a lot of us are seriously wishing him the best. We all know he will be kicking somewhere before long.
[/quote]

I certainly will. I think it would be a great sign of support if you changed your name to GrahamBacker... ;)

No? ah well...worth a shot...lol

Your support is always appreciated. One would say I'm a BengalBackerBacker. ;)

[/quote]

Get a bobblehead or little stuffed animal, dress it like a forum poster. When you get annoyed, bop it a couple of times.

Can't hurt, anyway.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1283735185' post='914778']
Oh I see...my mistake...

What you are saying is that what you are willing to spend is way more than I expect, so I'm probably not shooting high enough.
[/quote]

:lol:

You've been a very welcome presence on this messageboard, in all seriousness. I for one have always appreciated the insight.

[/quote]

Sis-As I stated once before the internet is a garbage collection of thought and a small group of people. People dump their personal trash under anonymous names. After reading your comments I'm glad that you realize it. Yes, for most of us it's not reality but a fun place to hang out and vent.And yes, this is one of the best sites with only a few nut cases who have excessive doses of testosterone . I've never understood the personal assaults but I guess that's life.

That said; no doubt that Shayne will be a success in real life. That is, after his career is over which won't be for awhile.

Thanks for your patience, class and humor.

Archived