Miss you mom

USN Bengal

It's been nearly 10 years since I lost my mom, and it does get easier. You're right, it never truly stops, but it gets easier to cope and it's not a constant stream of reminders and twinges.

Five years from now you'll see someone, or catch one of you kids doing something that reminds you of her, or catch a whiff of a smell or aroma that almost physically slams you back to a place and time with her (that's the big trigger for me).

It never stops, but does get much more infrequent...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1285190858' post='921679']
:(

so this never stops?

jesus...it hasnt even been a year...
[/quote]
Elflocko is right Ryan... it does get easier with time, but it truly never stops.
The memories are tinged with happiness, fondness, and of course sadness... and it's not a bad thing.

The best thing is that the love never fades... and that's a great thing!

Sorry for your losses as well guys, we all have some things in common no matter who we are.

[quote name='Jeff Blake' timestamp='1285197440' post='921704']
My heart goes out to you guys. That shit is unimaginable. My mom is 72 and not in the best health so I do worry a lot. I am adopted but these are the only parents I have known. Hang in there fellas.
[/quote]

My brother and I are adopted too but we were babies so we've never known another set of parents. I'm sure not looking forward to the pain and grief I'm going to feel when they die. I feel totally bad for Go and USN. I can't imagine it, yet, I know that barring a freak occurence that kills me first, I will most definitely experience the pain of the loss.

RIP for your mothers, guys.

:(

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1285201416' post='921716']
I love my momma.
[/quote]

Me too. She's the best (mine, not yours!)

:lol:

Still have my mom but dad is gone. I can't imagine that losing one is any worse than losing the other. Go, my dad has been gone 20 years this coming January. It never totally goes away. Like someone else said, there will be times when your hear or smell something that will take you right back to her. Those times are really great but they really suck too. It gets easier but it never goes away.
MULLY

Archived