Bush visiting

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1331750422' post='1105717']
Its painful watching my favorite team sign these scrubs,dammnnitt can we get a [b]home one[/b] [b]threat[/b] instead of someone who can take it for a long of 30 yards the whole season
[/quote]

is this a guy who comes to your house only once to threaten you?

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1331750422' post='1105717']
Its painful watching my favorite team sign these scrubs,dammnnitt can we get a home one threat instead of someone who can take it for a long of 30 yards the whole season
[/quote]

There isn't that guy as far as rb in fa though.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1331751338' post='1105729'] I cant imagine hed rather be a back up to forte then play here...[/quote]

I would be shocked like you said to backup Forte to wait to see that he would be the starter, most likely, if he came here

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1331753172' post='1105762']

The link does not work for me, who are the visits?
[/quote]

The article names:

Bush
Green-Ellis
Langford

Possibly Terrance Newman

Visits already lined up:
Ross
Davis
Jacob Bell

Sounds like the Patriots or Packers are going to snatch Fanene. We're just not able to field a competitive offer. Since we're so close to the possible cap number in 2015.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1331763967' post='1105977']
I'd rather not sign any RB in free agency. Spend the money on guards and draft a rookie RB with fresh legs.
[/quote]

why not do both? You're the one always talking about them having plenty of money and could sign 4 big names if they wanted.

I think they get a starting RB and at least one starting guard in free agency.

Outside of safety, this is a good draft for the bengals. Deep at DL, OG, WR and RB.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1331764107' post='1105978']

why not do both? You're the one always talking about them having plenty of money and could sign 4 big names if they wanted.

I think they get a starting RB and at least one starting guard in free agency.

Outside of safety, this is a good draft for the bengals. Deep at DL, OG, WR and RB.
[/quote]

Because the free agent RB class isn't very good. Bush, Tolbert, and BJGE were backup/committee guys with their old teams. It means they have less wear and tear than a bellcow but also aren't as talented. We need to get better in short yardage situations which Bush or Tolbert might be able to help with, and better at big plays which none of these guys will help with. If we upgrade the guards, short yardage is less of a problem, and adding a speed back in the draft helps with the occasional home run.

The team should spend freely in free agency but you can't buy what isn't for sale.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1331765310' post='1105994']

Because the free agent RB class isn't very good. Bush, Tolbert, and BJGE were backup/committee guys with their old teams. It means they have less wear and tear than a bellcow but also aren't as talented. We need to get better in short yardage situations which Bush or Tolbert might be able to help with, and better at big plays which none of these guys will help with. If we upgrade the guards, short yardage is less of a problem, and adding a speed back in the draft helps with the occasional home run.

The team should spend freely in free agency but you can't buy what isn't for sale.
[/quote]

I guess we have different opinions on guys like bush and tolbert.

[url="https://twitter.com/Mr53"]Mr53[/url]Thomas A. Howard

RT @[url="https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter"]AdamSchefter[/url]: Raiders free-agent running back @[url="https://twitter.com/#!/michaelbush29"]michaelbush29[/url] is scheduled to meet with the Bengals on Monday. »»» Come on Home [url="https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23WhoDEY"]#WhoDEY[/url]

Archived