Bengals Draft Party

I'm referring to the party they have at Paul Brown for season ticket holders to watch the first round of the draft. Anyone here going or gone before? I've got tickets on the way but am still undecided on whether it's something worth checking out or if a bar would be a more suitable place to watch. Any input is appreciated!

[quote name='Jackie Treehorn' timestamp='1334934881' post='1119910']
I'm referring to the party they have at Paul Brown for season ticket holders to watch the first round of the draft. Anyone here going or gone before? I've got tickets on the way but am still undecided on whether it's something worth checking out or if a bar would be a more suitable place to watch. Any input is appreciated!
[/quote]

I reserved tickets, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going. I've never been there before either and would also like to know if it'll be worth it.

[quote name='Jackie Treehorn' timestamp='1334934881' post='1119910']
[/quote]

If you are looking for atmosphere. I'm guessing the PBS Bengal party would be the best place.

I've been or have gone to several bars over the years and it just isn't that big of interest in the places I've gone.

I didn't get tickets to their party because the reality of it is. It's going to be couple hours of TV time before any bengals action and I think the entertainment of the event is hearing the interaction of the commentators etc. It's a made for TV event. I think it's best from the couch, IMO.

I'm guessing Raydogg is the one to ask. He tends to go to the different events. I'd lean towards TV, beer, and Go-Bengals.com as the best bet, but Ray may say otherwise. If it's good food, and a bunch of players will be there, PBS might be fun.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1334950241' post='1120008']
I'm guessing Raydogg is the one to ask. He tends to go to the different events. I'd lean towards TV, beer, and Go-Bengals.com as the best bet, but Ray may say otherwise. If it's good food, and a bunch of players will be there, PBS might be fun.
[/quote]

Raydogg is a very good one to ask. I almost decided on going and dropped at the last minute. I did not reserve my tickets although I would love to go based upon the fact I've never been to the draft party. The food, the players, the atmosphere, etc... I still have the draft party on my list of things to do but this year is most likely going to be a pass. Whomever does go make sure to take lots of pictures and represent Go-Bengals.com proudly.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1335012425' post='1120127']
How much was it for a ticket? How many people attend? Crowded?
[/quote]

tickets were free, they sent out an email to season ticket holders. You must pay for food though. As far as how many attend and if it's crowded, I'm not sure

I've been three times and hung with Raydogg the first year I went... I liked it, they had a few players, door prizes, you pay "game prices" for food and drink, nothing crazy but my sister and I are planning on attending again this year....Marvin does come down and talk after the picks, kind of cool to feel up close.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' timestamp='1335052227' post='1120229']
I've been three times and hung with Raydogg the first year I went... I liked it, they had a few players, door prizes, you pay "game prices" for food and drink, nothing crazy but my sister and I are planning on attending again this year....Marvin does come down and talk after the picks, kind of cool to feel up close.
[/quote]
You felt Marvin up close? :boese035:

[quote name='BengalBeotch' timestamp='1335052227' post='1120229']
[/quote]

One of the perks of living out in NYC. I'll be at Radio City soaking this in! If you've been, it's a pretty awesome atmosphere. Fans of all teams just enjoying talking to each other about football. Also, Giants and Jets fans harassing each other. Awesome.

Archived