Trade Rumour: Bengals 21st + Maualuga to Seattle for 13th pick

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1335374172' post='1121509']

Richardson is not a fit in Gruden's scheme, regardless of what he told Benson about wanting a punishing run attack.
[/quote]
I'm glad you said that because I kind of feel the same way. You'll hear "how can Richardson not fit into a scheme, he's a monster," but I don't see it either. We need a back that's a little quicker off the get-go when he has to turn around to catch a ball out of the backfield. While I think we could make it work, I do not think he's the "perfect" fit in the offense. Pead will be a good one here as would James IMO... David Wilson too.

According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, "there was a rumor going around" that the Bengals had talked to the Seahawks about trading up for Boston College LB Luke Kuechly.
[color=blue]The Bengals have ammo for a maneuver, and Kuechly played high school ball in Cincinnati. The Bengals are known for drafting hometown kids. More recent signs point to Kuechly potentially being drafted before No. 12, however, which obviously would nix such a trade. The Seahawks are known to be interested in trading down. They've been linked to Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower.[/color] Apr. 26 - 8:24 am et

[quote name='BigwormWhoDey' timestamp='1335468844' post='1122151']
According to the Cincinnati Enquirer, "there was a rumor going around" that the Bengals had talked to the Seahawks about trading up for Boston College LB Luke Kuechly.
The Bengals have ammo for a maneuver, and Kuechly played high school ball in Cincinnati. [b]The Bengals are known for drafting hometown kids.[/b] More recent signs point to Kuechly potentially being drafted before No. 12, however, which obviously would nix such a trade. The Seahawks are known to be interested in trading down. They've been linked to Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower[color=blue].[/color] Apr. 26 - 8:24 am et
[/quote]

Huber is the only hometown kid I can recall. Oh wait, the TE from Colerein. Can't think of his name. Unless they are including UC students. But even then I wouldn't make that statement.

[quote name='BigwormWhoDey' timestamp='1335467639' post='1122133']
Rumor on the street is if Boston college Linebacker Luke Kuechly is on the board at pick 12 Maualuga is going to Seattle and we switch picks!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Welcome to the Best Bengals Site on the Net! :headbang:

I merged your thread with a 5 page thread we had on the subject.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335469114' post='1122157']

Huber is the only hometown kid I can recall. Oh wait, the TE from Colerein. Can't think of his name. Unless they are including UC students. But even then I wouldn't make that statement.
[/quote]

Brian Pillman was from Norwood

Howie Kurenic? (sp) blew out is knee water skiing. Went to UC but what he from Cincinnati?

edit... the tight end from Colerain ... Alex something? I think.

[quote name='CougarQuest' timestamp='1335479882' post='1122261']
This rumor just keeps getting bigger and better. Now the Bengals are supposed to get the 12th overall pick [b]AND[/b] Seattle's 2nd round pick for Rey Maualuga and one of our first round picks (per SBNation).
[/quote]

If Kuechly is still on the board at 12 I'd really have to think about that.

This rumor just keeps getting bigger and better. Now the Bengals are supposed to get the 12th overall pick [b]AND[/b] Seattle's 2nd round pick for Rey Maualuga and one of our first round picks (per SBNation).
[/quote]

Right now with that one... but ain't gonna happen.

[/quote]

I like Rey. But even I would jump on that trade.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335469114' post='1122157']

[/quote]
There are 3 on the roster from UC currently: Armon Binns, Vidal Hazelton, & Kevin Huber

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335479989' post='1122262']

If Kuechly is still on the board at 12[b] I'd really have to think about that.[/b]
[/quote]

:blink:

You'd have two 1st round picks, one higher than we have now and two 2nd round picks, one higher than we have now.

[quote name='CougarQuest' timestamp='1335480032' post='1122265']
There are 3 on the roster from UC currently: Armon Binns, Vidal Hazelton, & Kevin Huber
[/quote]

I was responding to this comment: [color=blue]The Bengals are known for [b]drafting[/b] hometown kids.[/color]

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1335479992' post='1122263']

Right now with that one... but ain't gonna happen.
[/quote]
I'd jump all over that too. I agree, it ain't gonna happen.

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1335480164' post='1122267']

I was responding to this comment: [color=blue]The Bengals are known for [b]drafting[/b] hometown kids.[/color]
[/quote]
I missed the drafting part

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1335480109' post='1122266']

:blink:

You'd have two 1st round picks, one higher than we have now and two 2nd round picks, one higher than we have now.
[/quote]

We'd be trading Rey for a 2 and drafting Luke essentially. Rey has been inconsistent, but he is a known quantity and has played well at times. He was a beast against the Bills last year.

Luke could be the next Urlacher or Morgan. Or he could be the next Rivers/Curry.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335480462' post='1122273']

We'd be trading Rey for a 2 and drafting Luke essentially. Rey has been inconsistent, but he is a known quantity and has played well at times. He was a beast against the Bills last year.

Luke could be the next Urlacher or Morgan. Or he could be the next Rivers/Curry.
[/quote]

We'd be trading Rey for a 2 (which we drafted him at) and to move up 8 spots in the draft.
Rey has also had a couple of leg/ankle injuries and he's entering the final year of his contract.

Like I said, I like Rey. But I sure wouldn't have to think about it.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1335481303' post='1122287']
Rey for a 2nd and move up a couple of spots? That seems to good to be true. I'd jump all over it though.
[/quote]

Mike has been taking notes out of Roethlisburgers playbook, and raping people lately.

1/2 :ninja:

[/quote]

it was reported a few hours ago that the Bengals hadn't talked to anyone about trading up.

[b] Trading up highly unlikely for Bengals[/b]
[b]2 minutes ago[/b] - by Paul Dehner Jr.

There is zero indication the Bengals are interested in moving up in the first round. The Bengals plan to use both of their first-round picks (Nos. 17, 21).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/18846246

Archived