Trade Rumour: Bengals 21st + Maualuga to Seattle for 13th pick

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1335282388' post='1120918']

Thoughts: Horrible move. Nothing against the player. It's a positional thing and you are paying to much just to tread water from a roster standpoint. [/quote]

MLB's are not a high value position because they are typically lousy in coverage and have to come off the field on third down. But Kuechly is fantastic in coverage. He is a three down player. So the typical MLB "positional thing" doesn't apply to him. It's also why he probably won't last to 13.

[quote name='BlackBengal' timestamp='1335287103' post='1120992']
MLB's are not a high value position because they are typically lousy in coverage and have to come off the field on third down. But Kuechly is fantastic in coverage. He is a three down player. So the typical MLB "positional thing" doesn't apply to him. It's also why he probably won't last to 13.
[/quote]

Nah. Like or hate Rey. I don't care. The Fact is this defense has been solid or better with him in the lineup.

That's not to say it's all because of him. It's not. They had prime time CBs and a high grade D-line.

But the point is still the same. You got a decent starter that isn't holding the unit back. I would say Rey contributes to the unit instead of taking away it's he's not a pro bowler and some internet jockeys don't know how to handle it. But that's all another arguement.

All the Bengals would be doing is trading a pick and player to fill and upgrade a hole they created. Doesn't sound wise at all, IMO. It's cost the Bengals the opportunity to fill another spot that needs it more than MLB.

If this were to happen, that player better be Odell Thurman with discipline right out of the box.

I'd be ok with that trade, kuechly is high character, high production and a hometown guy that loves the Bengals just like all of us, he could be a true leader on defense for a decade. We got our quarterback on offense last season, get the QB on defense this season. I like rey but he just doesn't seem to be a true leader.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1335289796' post='1121034']
Honestly all this rumor is going to do is piss off Rey and he will play even worse than he already does.
[/quote]

If it happens and he is traded, who cares?

If it doesn't happen and he is still here, why would it affect his play?

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1335290859' post='1121045']
I'd be ok with that trade, kuechly is high character, high production and a hometown guy that loves the Bengals just like all of us, he could be a true leader on defense for a decade. We got our quarterback on offense last season, get the QB on defense this season. I like rey but he just doesn't seem to be a true leader.
[/quote]

x2

If the Bengals are dissatisfied with Maualuga, then instead of using a first round pick on Kuechly, they should have signed any one of the several MLBs available in free agency. EJ Henderson is still available and he's better than Rey and has at least a few years left.

[quote name='sparky151' timestamp='1335293500' post='1121069']
If the Bengals are dissatisfied with Maualuga, then instead of using a first round pick on Kuechly, they should have signed any one of the several MLBs available in free agency. EJ Henderson is still available and he's better than Rey and has at least a few years left.
[/quote]
valid point.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1335290987' post='1121046']

If it happens and he is traded, who cares?

If it doesn't happen and he is still here, why would it affect his play?
[/quote]

Because he would feel that the team doesn't want him. If they don't trade him it could be that they just couldn't find the right deal.

[/quote]

Unless they think Kuechly can be a multiple pro-bowler for the next 10 years.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1335295216' post='1121085']

Because he would feel that the team doesn't want him. If they don't trade him it could be that they just couldn't find the right deal.
[/quote]
And so playing worse will make another team want him? Rey may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch but he's not dumb enough to sabotage his career over hurt feelings, alcohol maybe, but not a sore vagina

[/quote]

which leads you to believe they aren't as dissatisfied with him as some fans are.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1335295432' post='1121090']
And so playing worse will make another team want him? Rey may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch but he's not dumb enough to sabotage his career over hurt feelings, alcohol maybe, but not a sore vagina
[/quote]

Chad did it. I don't see Rey being much smarter than him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1335295650' post='1121093']

which leads you to believe they aren't as dissatisfied with him as some fans are.
[/quote]

Bingo. The Bengals give final validation to their players with 3 basic methods. Roster, Play time, contract extension.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1335296130' post='1121099']

Chad did it. I don't see Rey being much smarter than him.
[/quote]
No Chad didn't, he just wanted us to think he was to explain his declining skills. And if he did, look where it got him, and that's with multiple pro bowls which Rey does not have, if that's the path Rey wants to take whatever, I'm not going to argue your silly premise anymore.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' timestamp='1335297738' post='1121121']
No Chad didn't, he just wanted us to think he was to explain his declining skills. And if he did, look where it got him, and that's with multiple pro bowls which Rey does not have, if that's the path Rey wants to take whatever, I'm not going to argue your silly premise anymore.
[/quote]

There is nothing silly about it. And if you remember correctly Chad had a decent season after he tanked the one where he wanted traded.

Archived