The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - NY Giants

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1352672064' post='1180014']
I usually don't add to these threads, because everyone covers things pretty quickly and well.

[b]Have to give props for Rey Maualuga for playing like an actual NFL LBer today[/b]... it's about damn time Rey, so there is no excuse NOT to keep doing it dammit!
[/quote]

agreed.... and what a great day... WHO-FUCKING-DEY

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1352672670' post='1180015']

after about 10 min they lifted the blackout and it was back on DTV but on channel 704
[/quote]

Weird... because I have the NFL package and they didn't lift the blackout down here. I kept checking to see if they would too.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1352676042' post='1180031']
Weird... because I have the NFL package and they didn't lift the blackout down here. I kept checking to see if they would too.
[/quote]

They didnt put it back on the local fox, they put it on the sunday ticket channel.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1352677677' post='1180042']
Really need Indy to start sucking. They have NE and Houston (2). With Buffalo, Detroit, and Tenn being wild cards in their schedule.
[/quote]

I think NE, Baltimore, Denver, and Houston will win the division.

Then for the WC you essentially have:
Pittsburgh-likey 6-3 after tomorrow
Indy-6-3
Us 4-5
SD 4-5

I doubt Miami or Tenn makes a big run.

Next week could be big for us. We play KC, Indy plays NE, and Pittsburgh plays Baltimore. We really need everything to go well and be 5-5 and have indy and pitt both fall to 6-4. That would put us in okay position.

Its gonna be tough, but if we can go 5-2 we have a decent shot. Play like we did this week and we can beat anyone left on our schedule.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1352677975' post='1180043']
I think NE, Baltimore, Denver, and Houston will win the division.

Then for the WC you essentially have:
Pittsburgh-likey 6-3 after tomorrow
Indy-6-3
Us 4-5
SD 4-5

I doubt Miami or Tenn makes a big run.

Next week could be big for us. We play KC, Indy plays NE, and Pittsburgh plays Baltimore. We really need everything to go well and be 5-5 and have indy and pitt both fall to 6-4. That would put us in okay position.

Its gonna be tough, but if we can go 5-2 we have a decent shot. Play like we did this week and we can beat anyone left on our schedule.
[/quote]
Yeah. I think it is going to come down to Indy, SD, and us for the last WC spot. Indy is hot right now. Personally I think we need to go 6-1 here on out and could easily be done if Baltimore is resting guys week 17.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1352679199' post='1180046']
Yeah. I think it is going to come down to Indy, SD, and us for the last WC spot. Indy is hot right now. Personally I think we need to go 6-1 here on out and could easily be done if Baltimore is resting guys week 17.
[/quote]

I wouldnt hand Pittsburgh anything yet...they play Baltimore twice in the next 4 games, followed by SD, Dallas, and Us. All loseable games. They are winnable as well, but I dont think they are guaranteed a playoff spot yet by any means.

By the way, how much would the NFL love to have a first round playoff matchup of Indy vs Denver? Dont be surprised as the season end gets near if there are a few calls here and there that would help that matchup take place.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1352672955' post='1180018']
I think a bad might have to be BJGE. I have been a supporter of his, and I still dont know how much it is his fault vs the lines. I think he is a great goaline back and short yardage guy, but we really need a playmaker back there.
[/quote]
It's no fault of his that he's a square peg being forced in to a round hole.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1352681198' post='1180063']
It's no fault of his that he's a square peg being forced in to a round hole.
[/quote]
All kinds of true.

This season may be a different story had we signed Mike Bush instead.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1352681420' post='1180064']
All kinds of true.

This season may be a different story had we signed Mike Bush instead.
[/quote]

No idea about how seriously the Bengals pursued Mike Bush, but it kind of astounds me how all these starting-quality RBs go sign with Chicago just to back up Matt Forte.

Archived