Good:
Sims
Dalton
AJ
Defense
Adam Jones
Whitworth

Bad:
I missed the second half, but I "recorded" it. However, the ass whooping was so bad, they didn't show the 4th quarter and switched over to Cowboys/Eagles coverage.
Tate

Ugly:
Manning face

Unsung Hero

Center Trevor Robinson.

Saw his name on the Jumbotron during the intros and thought "ohhh shiii..."

Glaring stat of the game:
Womanning... hit eight times
Andy... once And no sacks and not ints.

Of course there were others but what a fantastic if unseen job from Robinson

Uber props.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1352685634' post='1180095']
Unsung Hero

Center Trevor Robinson.

Uber props.
[/quote]
I think that's an amazing story of this season. An undrafted unheralded rookie who had never played center. Starting albeit cause of injury for an NFL team. And I'm assuming doing a good job.

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1352683683' post='1180083']
I think BJGE gets a bad rap. He usually makes a little something out of nothing. Run blocking sucks.
[/quote]

No matter the blocking, at the end of the day, BJGE isnt the type of running back that is a playmaker that could break like a 50 yard TD run. Not that he has to be to have a successful NFL career, but without that ability he should only be a RBBC. Need a playmaker getting snaps at RB.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1352685634' post='1180095']
Unsung Hero

Center Trevor Robinson.

Uber props.
[/quote]

Good call... Yeah. He did a very nice job. The Giants have some solid players inside, and they were able to run it pretty well between the tackles and Andy wasn't rushed today.

He's been a nice find, for sure. .

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1352672064' post='1180014']
Have to give props for Rey Maualuga for playing like an actual NFL LBer today... it's about damn time Rey, so there is no excuse NOT to keep doing it dammit!
[/quote]
Wow what an amazing coincidence, Rey hasn't had a good game since Pat Sims has been gone. And Pat Sims came back today. Hmmmmm

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1352724014' post='1180149']
interesting correlation, but IMO it's an insult to Peko and Atkins. They're pretty good too.
[/quote]

Sims presence might have the biggest effect on the defense as a whole, after Geno. Look at last year how the defense performed with Sims versus without him. He is an excellent run defender. Hopefully Still/Thompson can develop to carry on that role.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352727466' post='1180166']
Sims presence might have the biggest effect on the defense as a whole, after Geno. Look at last year how the defense performed with Sims versus without him. He is an excellent run defender. Hopefully Still/Thompson can develop to carry on that role.
[/quote]

I don't want to discount sims but yesterday had far more to do with the effort of the DE's than Sims IMO. The Dline as a whole seemed on a mission to prove that THEY were the better Dline in the game.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1352728011' post='1180170']
I don't want to discount sims but yesterday had far more to do with the effort of the DE's than Sims IMO. The Dline as a whole seemed on a mission to prove that THEY were the better Dline in the game.
[/quote]

Well...they need to do that every game then. That was an awesome job by them yesterday...utterly dominant. O-line, too.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1352730599' post='1180179']
Well...they need to do that every game then. That was an awesome job by them yesterday...utterly dominant. O-line, too.
[/quote]

that's the trick.

I mentioned it early in the game thread. The Bengals need to learn that they can play like yesterday EVERY week. It seems the coaches don't trust the players can perform an aggressive scheme play in and play out. Further, some players need to prove it to the coaches and actually give 100% every play.

[/quote]

I agree with this, but it was nice to see Fat Pat back in there. Having him in the rotation helps Peko and Atkins fresh. I have seen some improvement from Still in anchoring vs. the run, but he's not in Sims' area code there.

I like the potential of both Still and Thompson, but having a vet like Sims out there makes a significant difference, IMO.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1352730827' post='1180182']
I agree with this, but it was nice to see Fat Pat back in there. Having him in the rotation helps Peko and Atkins fresh. I have seen some improvement from Still in anchoring vs. the run, but he's not in Sims' area code there.

I like the potential of both Still and Thompson, but having a vet like Sims out there makes a significant difference, IMO.
[/quote]

yea Peko played about 20% less snaps than he usually does.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1352730720' post='1180181']
that's the trick.

I mentioned it early in the game thread. The Bengals need to learn that they can play like yesterday EVERY week. It seems the coaches don't trust the players can perform an aggressive scheme play in and play out. Further, some players need to prove it to the coaches and actually give 100% every play.
[/quote]

Yeah. That's what was so frustrating in some of the recent losses...they got up on a team early then curl into the fetal position trying not to lose by being so conservative. Yesterday they kept their foot on the gas on both sides of the ball with an early lead.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352727466' post='1180166']

[/quote]
Agree completely. Welcome back Pat.

Have yall ever used the NFL shortcuts? You can blast through a game in 30 mins.

Pat and the DL played awesome. Rey and Burf were both great. One thing that stuck out in run defense... Burfict is so much faster reacting to a handoff than Rey. It seems that it's at least a .5 second difference from where Burfict attacks the hole versus Rey. Watch 6.30 of the 3rd quarter for example. Rey is flat footed watching while Burfict is already in the hole.

Anyway, both played great, but I just wanted to say how awesome Burfict's instincts were.

[/quote]

I'd have to watch it again but I though Peko and Atkins were getting most of the double teams freeing up the DEs for 1 on 1 matchups

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1352737067' post='1180222']
I'd have to watch it again but I though Peko and Atkins were getting most of the double teams freeing up the DEs for 1 on 1 matchups
[/quote]

That's been happening all year. Dunlap, Geathers, and Gillberry finally out-performed the guy lined up across from them more snaps than not. I hope they can play with this tempo for the rest of the season.

Archived