*Edited Title* Houston, you have a problem. You're the Bengals first victim.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1356314230' post='1198293']
I want to play the Pats, ...I think our defense can beat them like a drum.

...and I love the message that would send to the rest of the league.
[/quote]
Message has already been sent ! Nobody wants to play us right now

geez Denver is so hot right now but it would be hard as fuck to go into foxborough (spelling?) in the playoffs, i'd rather do it later in the playoffs than right off the bat. i think our best matchup out of those 3 is Houston, then i'd take Denver 2nd, then New England the least. But either which way we can't go to the superbowl without beating at least 2 of those guys so bring it on

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1356316000' post='1198326']
I gotta say Houston for 2 simple reasons.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

I'll take my chances against Houston, especially with Foster leaving the game today with an irregular heartbeat. Anything with the heart is scary stuff.
[/quote]

Could be something as simple as too much potassium, ...I bet it turns out to be nothing.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356316978' post='1198333']
Definitely want Houston. Their defense has been reeling. The Pats and Broncos we couldn't stop.
[/quote]

We have a top 5 defense and the number 1 defense the second half of the season. Not saying we would dominate New England or Denver, but saying we couldn't stop them isn't giving this D the credit it deserves.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356317262' post='1198335']
We have a top 5 defense and the number 1 defense the second half of the season. Not saying we would dominate New England or Denver, but saying we couldn't stop them isn't giving this D the credit it deserves.
[/quote]

I am not all that confident in this defense, especially against the top 2 QBs of the decade. I think we would see a lot of guys running wide open.

[size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]I'd rather play NE. We match up well against them. The o line is very weak in the middle. GenoSacks and the rest of the pride will terrorize TB all day. Gronk is still out and Hall could cover Hernandez. Their secondary is suspect as well. [/font][/size]

My preference in the following order...

Baltimore (Flacco sucks, interim OC, aging defense, very familiar with them.)
Houston (Watt and Foster are sick, I feel the Bengals are better suited to beat them this year than they were last year)
New England (Brady is a beast but if the Defense that beat the Steelers today shows up for the playoffs he can be beat)
Denver (toughest place to play, 10 game win streak, nasty pass rush, good corners, the Sheriff at QB)

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356318917' post='1198354']
If there is any chance we play Baltimore than I want that. I don't think you guys have watched NE lately. They have been dominant before today.
[/quote]

They lost at home last week.

If there is any chance we play Baltimore than I want that. I don't think you guys have watched NE lately. They have been dominant before today.
[/quote]

They are coming off a loss and a win by 1 score by the worst team in football. Brady has 4 or 5 picks the last two games. Not saying we would shut them down but to say you aren't confident in a defense that has been the best D in football the second half of the season tells me your opinion is worthless.

I just don't get you. You go a couple months at a time making mostly rational points but then make a ridiculous comment that makes you look stupid. Been happening for years.

[quote name='Jeb' timestamp='1356316532' post='1198330']
Could be something as simple as too much potassium, ...I bet it turns out to be nothing.
[/quote]

Could be as simple as having drank coffee. Or even dehydration. Usually in an older person, say Dusty Baker's age, it could be symptomatic and cause one to pass out, palpitations, rapid heart rate, fatigue, etc and that could hospitalize the person. Though it could happen to a young guy like Foster, but its probably nothing and he's play unhindered next week.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356317467' post='1198338']
I am not all that confident in this defense, especially against the top 2 QBs of the decade. I think we would see a lot of guys running wide open.
[/quote]

The way to beat those guys is to pressure them early and often and we can do that. Our coverage is solid and we are not generally missing assignments. And during the second half of the season, the Bengals D is the best in the NFL so I really have no idea what you are talking about.

[/quote]
OMG I don't watch football but post on a message board :35: :35: :35: :35:

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1356313416' post='1198276']
Not sure about that, they have a great 3-4 defense, and they have a whole blueprint from today on how to terrorize our offense.

I honestly think NE is our best matchup. Our defense is playing lights out, and as long as they do a reasonable job with Brady, we have a winnable game. Just need our offense to get back to form from that 4-game winning streak.
[/quote]

This is what i believe as well. I truly believe they are a much more physical team than New England and can rattle Brady by getting pressure on him, which we all know, is their bread and butter. Also, New Englands Defense doesnt compare to either of those two other teams. Call me crazy, but i would much rather play them than Denver. So, for me, its either New England or Houston. Either way, cant hide from any of them forever. If they are going to make a serious run, they are going to have to play those teams anyway.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1356319256' post='1198360']
They are coming off a loss and a win by 1 score by the worst team in football. Brady has 4 or 5 picks the last two games. Not saying we would shut them down but to say you aren't confident in a defense that has been the best D in football the second half of the season tells me your opinion is worthless.

I just don't get you. You go a couple months at a time making mostly rational points but then make a ridiculous comment that makes you look stupid. Been happening for years.
[/quote]

Tom Brady threw for 443 yards last week and they played San Francisco.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1356319546' post='1198364']
Patriots have 4 losses. Arizona, [b]Baltimore[/b], Seattle, San Francisco.

What's the common element among these teams? Great defense.

What do the Bengals have? Great defense.

NE is a great team, but it's not like we wouldn't have a legit shot.
[/quote]

I wasn't aware 25th qualified as great.

:lol:

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1356319395' post='1198361']
Could be as simple as having drank coffee. Or even dehydration. Usually in an older person, say Dusty Baker's age, it could be symptomatic and cause one to pass out, palpitations, rapid heart rate, fatigue, etc and that could hospitalize the person. Though it could happen to a young guy like Foster, but its probably nothing and he's play unhindered next week.

The way to beat those guys is to pressure them early and often and we can do that. Our coverage is solid and we are not generally missing assignments. And during the second half of the season, the Bengals D is the best in the NFL so I really have no idea what you are talking about.
[/quote]

May be true. When I have watched Brady he has just been picking people apart and I just don't see this as a defense that dictates things to other teams yet. I do think we are good, but watching the Steelers today they seemed to know our snap counts and not let us do much at all. We seem like a group of very good individual players (Atkins-Johnson-Burfict) but I don't see Zimmer outsmarting peeps.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1356319787' post='1198368']
I wasn't aware 25th qualified as great.

:lol:
[/quote]

I always forget how bad they have been this year. Really dropped off.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1356319698' post='1198366']

Tom Brady threw for 443 yards last week and they played San Francisco.
[/quote]

And a couple of picks and more importantly they lost! Why? Because their D is bad. Would we be able to shut down their offense? Prob not. But we would be able to put up a good amount of points on their defense.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1356318175' post='1198345']
I'd rather see New England. Nobody will give them a chance to win.

I don't like Houston at all. They've whooped bengals pretty easily the last few times.
[/quote]

What? The Bengals led the game for 55 minutes last year during the regular season and lost by a point due to a field as the game ended?

Archived