*Edited Title* Houston, you have a problem. You're the Bengals first victim.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1356381232' post='1198768']
We are going to have to beat really good teams to get to the prize anyway and we'll be the underdogs against all of them. I'd almost rather play the toughest first. Better chance they'll look past us than if we have already knocked a couple off.
[/quote]

I want the team to get used to winning

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1356397158' post='1198839']

7 weeks, 6-1.

After next week, 8 weeks and 7-1.

After February, 12 weeks and 11-1!!
[/quote]

I see what u did there and co-sign it :)

I am in flight to Austin to meet family for Christmas while drinking beer and using in flight wifi. I guess I am just continuing the party from yesterday :)

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1356371929' post='1198696']
I want to play Peyton, he seems like the most fragile QB.
[/quote]

I just want to finally...FINALLY beat Peyton Manning. That Broncos game earlier in the season (in which we played pretty well, IMO) gave me some hope that we can beat that guy. The key against any NFL QB as always is getting that pressure and making them uncomfortable so they force throws.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1356364689' post='1198639']
Heard a locker room interview with Rapist after the game. He said, "I don't want to make any excuses but I was dealing with a lot of injuries."

Vintage Ben after a loss.
[/quote]

That was classic.

i think this is obvious that houston or Baltimore would be the best match up. But can our D play Manning in Denver like they played him here, but even tighter? I wouldn't shit my pants if we drew Denver.

How about predictions of whom we'll play? I'm predicting that Colts win at home on Sunday, Broncos cruise, Pats edge out the Dolphins = we play the Texans again. And Arian WILL NOT run on us like he did last year.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1356624840' post='1199698']
i think this is obvious that houston or Baltimore would be the best match up. But can our D play Manning in Denver like they played him here, but even tighter? I wouldn't shit my pants if we drew Denver.

How about predictions of whom we'll play? I'm predicting that Colts win at home on Sunday, Broncos cruise, Pats edge out the Dolphins = we play the Texans again. And Arian WILL NOT run on us like he did last year.
[/quote]

I think playing Houston first would be a great warm up... but i don't fear the PATS or Denver..... it's our time

[color=#393939][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[b] Bengals playoff scenarios[/b]

Posted Dec 24, 2012[/size][/font][/color][color=#393939][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

Here's what’s at stake this week: The Bengals cannot affect their No. 6 AFC playoff seeding with the result of the Baltimore game. As the No. 6 seed, Cincinnati will play Jan. 5 or 6 on the road against the No. 3 seed. Though Cincinnati could tie Indianapolis at 10-6 for the AFC’s best record among non-division champs, the Colts would win a tiebreaker based on record in common games (4-1 to Cincinnati’s 3-2).

But four teams -- including Baltimore -- are possible holders of the No. 3 seed:

» [b]Baltimore[/b] (10-5) will create a playoff rematch against the Bengals with a win at Paul Brown Stadium this week and a home loss by New England (11-4) against Miami. The Ravens and Patriots would share the AFC’s third-best record at 11-5, and a head-to-head victory on Sept. 23 puts the tiebreaker in Baltimore’s favor. If the Ravens lose or tie, or New England wins or ties, Baltimore is the No. 4 seed and will host locked-in fifth seed Indianapolis in the Wild Card round.

» [b]New England[/b] (11-4) is in the No. 3 spot through Week 16. To keep the No. 3 spot over Baltimore, the Patriots need a win or tie vs. Miami, or a Ravens loss or tie against the Bengals. But if the Patriots beat Miami, and if Houston (12-3) and/or Denver (12-3) loses, the Patriots will have a tiebreaker shot at the No. 2 or even No. 1 seed. The Bengals and Patriots have never met in postseason. In the last Bengals visit to New England, in the 2010 season opener, the Patriots won 38-24.

» [b]Houston[/b] will be the No. 3 seed -- and host Cincinnati in postseason for the second straight year -- with a loss at Indianapolis, combined with a win or tie by Denver (vs. Kansas City) and a New England win. The Texans would cede the best AFC record to Denver, and they would lose a tiebreaker for the No. 2 spot to New England, which defeated the Texans head-to-head on Dec. 10.

» [b]Denver[/b] will be the No. 3 seed with a loss at Kansas City combined with a New England win vs. Miami. The Broncos and Patriots would both be 12-4, and New England would win a two-team tiebreaker on better AFC record (11-1 to 9-3). If Houston joined Denver and New England in a three-way tie at 12-4, Denver would still finish as No. 3, with New England at No. 1 and Houston at No. 2.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-playoff-scenarios/532bc11a-47b8-46c5-ab31-cc7d9a84b10e[/size][/font][/color]

Stranger things have happened, but I don't see Denver or NE losing this week. We will either be at NE or at Houston for the wildcard game. Neither of the two scare me. The national media won't be giving us much of a chance no matter who we play and that's fine with me. No pressure. Just go out and play.

I hope we face NE which we probably will. Win or lose (I hope we win) this will be a great experience for the young guys. We've already played all of the other teams, NE is the only team AJ and Andy haven't played yet. To go up to Foxboro and play one of the big boys will be good for us.

Although they looked like a juggernaut a few weeks ago, if you can pressure Tom Brady, you can beat the Pats. Their Defense isn't that strong either. We could probably run the ball on them fairly well. Their TE's scare me though.

[quote name='WRAPradio' timestamp='1356734614' post='1200220']
I hope we face NE which we probably will. Win or lose (I hope we win) this will be a great experience for the young guys. We've already played all of the other teams, NE is the only team AJ and Andy haven't played yet. To go up to Foxboro and play one of the big boys will be good for us.
[/quote]

This has been my thought as well..

[b]LOOKING AHEAD:[/b] When it comes to who the Bengals might face in the first round of the playoffs next weekend, CBS analyst and former Bengal Solomon Wilcots knows that it will be daunting against the Patriots or Broncos, but that it might be better if it was the Texans or Ravens.

“Playing at Gilette Stadium you are trying to chop down an Oak Tree with a machete and not an ax. That’s a huge task. Denver? You’re taking on Superman. If they’re going back to Reliant Stadium I can have a different expectation. If it’s Baltimore I can expect a little more.

“It is time to put on Big Boy Pants in the division. I think they’re ready to be the team in the North, and that’s not easy. Baltimore and Pittsburgh aren’t going away because the organizations are too good and strong.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121229/SPT02/312290062?nclick_check=1

Archived