Gay NFL player to come out within the next few months ...

Numbers

on the nfl article about the ravens dude getting cut, these are facebook comments:

David Gerstein ·  Top Commenter

This guy has a weird obsession with faggots. Maybe he's the rumored gay player who's coming out?

Ian Treasure ·  Top Commenter · Heartbreak Ridge
Too bad for him. He was always in the news bigging up battyman and sodomites.. his main topic was gay marriage and gay players should come out.. blah blah blah. I don't have any problems with gays and if that's their thing keep it to yourself and don't be throwing it in peoples face. Maybe the 49ner pick him up..

Richard Cranium ·  Top Commenter · University of Common Sense
Ahahahahahaahaahahahahahahawha!

Ray Lopez ·  Top Commenter · Style Consultant at Self Employed and Loving It!
He will be out of a job once he is out of the closet!

Ronald Chalk ·  Top Commenter · Overlea High
maybe he will trade leagues and join the LFL indoor league.

David Yeager · Northampton Community College
Uh no. He came out of closet a few weeks before the Super Bowl.
Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago
  • 41370_1058747223_8357_q.jpg
    Mark Tye Turner ·  Top Commenter · Western Washington University
    Inaccurate and stupid. Nice post.
    Reply · 6 · Like · 2 hours ago

• 623531_567270525_796180257_q.jpg
    Wayne Hahn · Boonsboro Senior High
    he is not gay. this guy has kids and all. so your comment is definitely inaccurate.
    Reply · Like · about an hour ago

• 274987_100001000156455_181105095_q.jpg
    Owen Woelper · Ball So Hard University
    David, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Reply · 1 · Like · about an hour ago

Shaun Putnam ·  Top Commenter · Works at Self employed
    f a g...

Jay Haskins ·  Top Commenter
    Now we'll see if the NFL appreciates his gay/same sex marriage advocacy. If his agent gets no calls, the answer is no they don't appreciate it. A gay group will complain, sighting collusion. Then the NFL will deny it, yadee yadee yadee. He could be done.

Willoughby Spitt ·  Top Commenter
It doesn't matter to me but his looks SCREAM gay to me! I REALLY wouldn't be surprised to find out in the future that Brendon is indeed gay.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 4 hours ago

Dennis Ciolkosz · Univ of Houston
got rid of the gay one.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 5 hours ago

Nicholas Mavridis · Senior Contracts Administrator at Multibuild

Is he getting married to his soapbox?

just think of the stadiums FULL of hilljacks who arent even smart enough to have facebook to comment online....  this is what the smarter of the slow kids is saying...

on the nfl article about the ravens dude getting cut, these are facebook comments:

David Gerstein ·  Top Commenter

This guy has a weird obsession with faggots. Maybe he's the rumored gay player who's coming out?

Ian Treasure ·  Top Commenter · Heartbreak Ridge
Too bad for him. He was always in the news bigging up battyman and sodomites.. his main topic was gay marriage and gay players should come out.. blah blah blah. I don't have any problems with gays and if that's their thing keep it to yourself and don't be throwing it in peoples face. Maybe the 49ner pick him up..

Richard Cranium ·  Top Commenter · University of Common Sense
Ahahahahahaahaahahahahahahawha!

Ray Lopez ·  Top Commenter · Style Consultant at Self Employed and Loving It!
He will be out of a job once he is out of the closet!

Ronald Chalk ·  Top Commenter · Overlea High
maybe he will trade leagues and join the LFL indoor league.

David Yeager · Northampton Community College
Uh no. He came out of closet a few weeks before the Super Bowl.
Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 2 hours ago
  • 41370_1058747223_8357_q.jpg
    Mark Tye Turner ·  Top Commenter · Western Washington University
    Inaccurate and stupid. Nice post.
    Reply · 6 · Like · 2 hours ago

• 623531_567270525_796180257_q.jpg
    Wayne Hahn · Boonsboro Senior High
    he is not gay. this guy has kids and all. so your comment is definitely inaccurate.
    Reply · Like · about an hour ago

• 274987_100001000156455_181105095_q.jpg
    Owen Woelper · Ball So Hard University
    David, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Reply · 1 · Like · about an hour ago

Shaun Putnam ·  Top Commenter · Works at Self employed
    f a g...

Jay Haskins ·  Top Commenter
    Now we'll see if the NFL appreciates his gay/same sex marriage advocacy. If his agent gets no calls, the answer is no they don't appreciate it. A gay group will complain, sighting collusion. Then the NFL will deny it, yadee yadee yadee. He could be done.

Willoughby Spitt ·  Top Commenter
It doesn't matter to me but his looks SCREAM gay to me! I REALLY wouldn't be surprised to find out in the future that Brendon is indeed gay.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 4 hours ago

Dennis Ciolkosz · Univ of Houston
got rid of the gay one.
Reply · Like · Follow Post · 5 hours ago

Nicholas Mavridis · Senior Contracts Administrator at Multibuild

Is he getting married to his soapbox?

just think of the stadiums FULL of hilljacks who arent even smart enough to have facebook to comment online....  this is what the smarter of the slow kids is saying...

I don't put a whole lot of stock in what comments are made on social media.  However, where there's smoke...

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-12-11/features/bal-gq-names-brendon-ayanbadejo-honorary-gay-20121211_1_gq-support-of-gay-marriage-chris-kluwe

Raven Brendon Ayanbadejo is sporting a fancy new title these days: Honorary Gay.

It comes compliments of GQ magazine, which bestowed the honor on the linebacker and Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe.

Why is this Ayanbadejo guy so obsessed with other dudes' weird sexual fetishes and so determined to make them go public and come out and admit to it. It's a little bizarre. The guy must have some serious issues.

Agreed.

The guy, even if he isn't gay, which I think he is, but anyway, even if he isn't gay, the dude is chemically imbalanced and has a short somewhere upstairs.

So nobody has said Ced, huh? (not trying to continue the witch hunt here)

He's gay too.

thats some hillbilly shit right there...

being gay isnt a "dudes weird sexual fetish". its how some people are. just like you or i. only its obvious they are likely far far better human beings than some here are..

secondly, he is married and has children, not that that is 100% indicator, but its a pretty good, one, if someone where openly for gay marriage and support of it as a whole, they certainly wouldnt be hiding behind a marriage..

the stuff i quoted from nfl.com and some of these comments are 100x more disturbing than what almost any consenting adults do in their own bedrooms.

a great bit from his wikipedia page, is him explaining that he is the sun of an interracial couple, whos own marriage would have been illegal 16 years prior, meaning when his parents were born, it was illegal for them to get married... then again i assume if youre enough of a bigot to discriminate against same sex marriage youre also a big enough bigot to disapprove of interracial marriages...so that probably wont sync in either...

Agreed.

The guy, even if he isn't gay, which I think he is, but anyway, even if he isn't gay, the dude is chemically imbalanced and has a short somewhere upstairs.

He's gay too.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

thats some hillbilly shit right there...

being gay isnt a "dudes weird sexual fetish". its how some people are. just like you or i. only its obvious they are likely far far better human beings than some here are..

secondly, he is married and has children, not that that is 100% indicator, but its a pretty good, one, if someone where openly for gay marriage and support of it as a whole, they certainly wouldnt be hiding behind a marriage..

the stuff i quoted from nfl.com and some of these comments are 100x more disturbing than what almost any consenting adults do in their own bedrooms.

a great bit from his wikipedia page, is him explaining that he is the sun of an interracial couple, whos own marriage would have been illegal 16 years prior, meaning when his parents were born, it was illegal for them to get married... then again i assume if youre enough of a bigot to discriminate against same sex marriage youre also a big enough bigot to disapprove of interracial marriages...so that probably wont sync in either...

what the fuck is wrong with you?

What?

Brendon Ayanbadejo is married with 2 kids. I will admit he was the first guy I thought of though, him and the punter from the Vikings.

Why because they're gay rights activists and are 2 of the smarter and well versed payers in the NFL?

You're an idiot.

Why because they're gay rights activists and are 2 of the smarter and well versed payers in the NFL?

You're an idiot.

How does that make the guy an idiot? Out of the world of NFL players, of course you'll think of the guys who stand up for gayness when at first thinking of who it could be. It's not like we relate Andy Dalton, Ray Rice, or Calvin Johnson with anything gay. Why? Because they've never, to my knowledge anyway, held a public stance on it. You'll always think of the players who have some sort of gay relation AT FIRST when you hear a player is coming out. I think this hardly makes the guy an idiot.

Hayden and Tigris, 

I'm just going to make the giant leap and assume that you are both white boys.

At least in Ayanbadejo's case, he's not.  He comes from another group of people that we legally oppressed and discriminated against for a very long time until we decided that wasn't legal anymore.  While it's probably still cool in your circles to discriminate against his group, he's doing what anyone else who believes in basic civil rights should do (and what those who've previously been oppressed would logically be even more motivated to do): standing up for what's right.

You can't argue for civil rights for just SOME of the people. They are rights because they are universal.

I hope for your own sakes that you figure this out, because if you don't, you'll belong to the one group in history that will continually lose respect, their place at the table, and, effectively, their rights:  bigots.

Hayden and Tigris, 

I'm just going to make the giant leap and assume that you are both white boys.

At least in Ayanbadejo's case, he's not.  He comes from another group of people that we legally oppressed and discriminated against for a very long time until we decided that wasn't legal anymore.  While it's probably still cool in your circles to discriminate against his group, he's doing what anyone else who believes in basic civil rights should do (and what those who've previously been oppressed would logically be even more motivated to do): standing up for what's right.

You can't argue for civil rights for just SOME of the people. They are rights because they are universal.

I hope for your own sakes that you figure this out, because if you don't, you'll belong to the one group in history that will continually lose respect, their place at the table, and, effectively, their rights:  bigots.

Discriminate against gays or blacks? Either or, you're wrong. I'm not discriminating against either group. I just think the guy is a little strange. I for one am rooting for a gay player to come out. I hope it makes the current gay players, NFL or not, more comfortable in their own skin. That's what we're here for anyway, right? We're here to help each other. What he's doing is great but it makes me thinks he may have a little gayness in him himself. I could be wrong and if that makes someone think I'm a hillbilly, white boy, redneck piece of crap to think that there is a slight chance that the guy is gay, then so be it. It doesn't bother me.

There is no discrimination going on here. Comparing interracial marriage to same gender marriage is just stupid and you're showing you're ignorance.

Yes, homosexuality is a sexual fetish. There's about 100 years worth of psychological evidence and other research on the subject and there are well known common threads in the early development of people who end up being homosexual. But that is beside the point.

Like I said, there is no discrimination occurring. Marriage involves getting the state/government involved in someone's relationship. The government has no reason to involve itself in a relationship between two dudes or two chicks. The state does have a reason to set up an institution to stabilize relationships between people of opposite genders, for obvious reasons. So, marriage has everything to do with gender, and absolutely nothing to do with race. Gender matters. Race does not. Which is why it's stupid to bring up bans on interracial marriage.

Homosexuals have exactly he same rights to participate in marriage as anyone else. Same rules apply and same restrictions. You can't marry someone under a certain age, can't marry close blood relatives, can't marry more than one person at the same time, can't marry someone of the same gender, etc..

What people are really saying is not that discrimination is occurring, but that marriage doesn't appeal to certain people so they want to change it to make it more appealing to them. But that can be applied to lots of groups. I have a friend who doesn't find marriage appealing because he doesn't like the idea of being with just one person. He obviously is being discriminated against so we should change restrictions limiting marriage to two people. Group marriage should be legal, right?

I hear people claim marriage should be between any two people that want to be married. Why two people? Did you just pick that number out of a hat? Seems pretty random, if not based on the fact that there are two genders and that each gender should be represented. I actually think there is a better argument for a three person marriage with both genders being represented than there is for two person same gender marriage in which one entire gender is totally excluded from a marriage. That would be more discriminatory!

And when you go to get a marriage license at city hall or where ever, they don't ask you if you are in love. You know why? Because they don't give a crap. It's not their business. The government isn't there to play matchmaker or love connection. They don't care about your love life or getting involved in your relationship just because you're in love or sexually attracted to someone. They have no reason to.

I think one current FA is out and he was just here for a visit...Kerry Rhodes has some xplaining to do..

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/62222/mto-super-duper-world-exclusive-top-nfl-superstar-is-photo-d-on-vacation-with-one-of-his-male-friends-this-ish-here-is-looking-suspect.html

1365595497727e886af2868.jpg

1365595496ab1643731a.jpg

Looks like a Ced Benson situation to me.

There is no discrimination going on here. Comparing interracial marriage to same gender marriage is just stupid and you're showing you're ignorance.

Yes, homosexuality is a sexual fetish. There's about 100 years worth of psychological evidence and other research on the subject and there are well known common threads in the early development of people who end up being homosexual. But that is beside the point.

Like I said, there is no discrimination occurring. Marriage involves getting the state/government involved in someone's relationship. The government has no reason to involve itself in a relationship between two dudes or two chicks. The state does have a reason to set up an institution to stabilize relationships between people of opposite genders, for obvious reasons. So, marriage has everything to do with gender, and absolutely nothing to do with race. Gender matters. Race does not. Which is why it's stupid to bring up bans on interracial marriage.

Homosexuals have exactly he same rights to participate in marriage as anyone else. Same rules apply and same restrictions. You can't marry someone under a certain age, can't marry close blood relatives, can't marry more than one person at the same time, can't marry someone of the same gender, etc..

What people are really saying is not that discrimination is occurring, but that marriage doesn't appeal to certain people so they want to change it to make it more appealing to them. But that can be applied to lots of groups. I have a friend who doesn't find marriage appealing because he doesn't like the idea of being with just one person. He obviously is being discriminated against so we should change restrictions limiting marriage to two people. Group marriage should be legal, right?

I hear people claim marriage should be between any two people that want to be married. Why two people? Did you just pick that number out of a hat? Seems pretty random, if not based on the fact that there are two genders and that each gender should be represented. I actually think there is a better argument for a three person marriage with both genders being represented than there is for two person same gender marriage in which one entire gender is totally excluded from a marriage. That would be more discriminatory!

And when you go to get a marriage license at city hall or where ever, they don't ask you if you are in love. You know why? Because they don't give a crap. It's not their business. The government isn't there to play matchmaker or love connection. They don't care about your love life or getting involved in your relationship just because you're in love or sexually attracted to someone. They have no reason to.

wow

You forgot the consenting toaster argument.

the comparison between interracial marriage and same sex marriage is pointing out that many things used to be ignorant laws that were not for the good of the people. They are not comparing the two marriages.

historic intolerance is the point. burning people thought to be witches, slaves, segregation, womens rights, same sex marriage, etc. 

its all the same pile of horse shit. 

Not like we all couldn't tell what an asshole you were from your football comments, but is impressive how these things (close-mindedness, ignorance, plain stupidity) seem to pervade all areas of a person once they are infected.

So you don't care what two men do in private, and yet you somehow feel harmed by them getting married.  Your notion that -

"Homosexuals have exactly he same rights to participate in marriage as anyone else. Same rules apply and same restrictions."

- is virtually too idiotic to respond to.  What then, are we all fighting about?  Ohhhhhh. They don't actually have the same rights, do they?  Or, is what you are trying to say is that homosexuals have exactly the same right to marry heterosexuals as do heterosexuals?  Because that would be so stupid (and of course, funny; and sad) that I could see it being your point. 

I'm a pretty liberal fellow, though I'm frustrated by all manner of politics because we've denied a place for people to have beliefs that aren't categorically part of this side or that side.  For instance, I do think the culture of violence in movies, games, TV, etc. needs to be a part of the gun debate.  I also think that "family values" are a good thing, and anything we can do to keep families together makes us a better society, and a better culture.  Most conservatives believe that too.  Why then, would you deny two people who want to commit themselves to each other, and to the concept of "family" (yes, and possibly raising children)? I mean, you don't care what they do in the bedroom, right?

People like you generally believe what they want to, but if you're at all interested in challenging yourself, I thought you might want to read this Op-Ed by conservative columnist David Brooks:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/opinion/brooks-freedom-loses-one.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

What the world needs now, is love, sweet love.  Maybe even you could use a little, Hayden.

And, Tigris, I want to officially apologize for lumping you in with this guy.  You may be a little backward, but at least you're a human being.

To be fair, it probably sounded pretty convincing when he heard it on the radio.

"Homosexuals have exactly he same rights to participate in marriage as anyone else. Same rules apply and same restrictions."

- is virtually too idiotic to respond to.  ...

I can vouch for Tigris....he's a cool dude and I'm brown so obviously he's not prejudice.  Got nothing but respect for you bro......I think what some are mistaking is that Tigris seems to be "thinking out loud" in this thread and is completely honest with himself in his words.  Didn't come across as innocent as I think his intentions are/were but I would cut him slack.  We all have journeys to "enlightenment" and some of us proceed at a faster pace than others.....I guess what I'm trying to say is, Tigris is my homeboy. 

But yeah.....Hayden is a straight douchebag. 

Archived