*UPDATE* Bengals and James Harrison reach agreement on a deal

That fixes all the problems anyone has ever had with Windows.   :lmao:

My anti virus software keeps telling me I have a bunch of condoms installed in my computer.  I looked in the DVD drive and in the battery case but can't find any.   What do Trojans have to do with computers anyways? 

well maybe today isn't the day to get this done.... LOL I'm out in AZ training and when ever i get a chance i check the status on this... come on and just get it done... 3.5mil per - two year 7 mil. contract .... anything more is too much... IMO

watch old games and watch Cook vs. Hampton.   Cook isn't the issue.  

Cook is known for playing with a mean streak.

Well originally I was using Cook in my example because he's the only guy on the interior OL Harrison has really played against (since he barely played last year he wouldn't know much about Boling and Z).  Dice it anyway you want to, IMO LG-C-RG have been utterly the worst performing position group in games against PIT since 2006.  Some times we can throw it deep, other times our DL controls the game, still other times our DBs are making the big plays...but we are never running the ball right down their throats.  I can't help but think part of it is mental and someone from the actual enemy may help us get over the hump.

Well originally I was using Cook in my example because he's the only guy on the interior OL Harrison has really played against (since he barely played last year he wouldn't know much about Boling and Z).  Dice it anyway you want to, IMO LG-C-RG have been utterly the worst performing position group in games against PIT since 2006.  Some times we can throw it deep, other times our DL controls the game, still other times our DBs are making the big plays...but we are never running the ball right down their throats.  I can't help but think part of it is mental and someone from the actual enemy may help us get over the hump.

I agree to an extent, and imagine that's why they brought in two new starting guards last year. Livings was Livings and Bobbie was at the end of his career.

My anti virus software keeps telling me I have a bunch of condoms installed in my computer.  I looked in the DVD drive and in the battery case but can't find any.   What does Trojan have to do with computers anyways?

Virus protection!

watch old games and watch Cook vs. Hampton.   Cook isn't the issue.  

Cook is known for playing with a mean streak.

x2

Cook isnt the problem, he may have come back too early last year and played like it, but he's still a fine center. If we address the line at all it may be the other G spot or we will add depth, but unless Andre isnt signed I dont expect too much in the way of starter types.

We haven't gotten push because they have gameplanned the fact we don't send backers in to blitz very often and dbs and safeties bounce off Big Jen like a lacrosse ball off of a concrete wall.  They lineup shoelace to shoelace and can stop our dline from pressuring the QB.  Houston did it very effectively against us in the playoff game.

Reread his post, he's talking about getting push from the Oline.

x2

Cook isnt the problem, he may have come back too early last year and played like it, but he's still a fine center. If we address the line at all it may be the other G spot or we will add depth, but unless Andre isnt signed I dont expect too much in the way of starter types.

If he came back to early he must have been worried about Robison's play.  He got to practice for 3 weeks prior to suiting up.  I'd be pissed at him and the coaching staff (medical staff?)  if they threw out a guy that wasn't fully recovered.  We had an adequate replacement if not good replacement at the time... I think he might have been looking over his shoulder and rushed it back.

If he came back to early he must have been worried about Robison's play.  He got to practice for 3 weeks prior to suiting up.  I'd be pissed at him and the coaching staff (medical staff?)  if they threw out a guy that wasn't fully recovered.  We had an adequate replacement if not good replacement at the time... I think he might have been looking over his shoulder and rushed it back.

was the coaches' choice to play him.  After the season Alexander said he was only about 85%.  

It was likely a no-win situation.  Robinson wasn't phsyically ready for Hampton and Ngata yet.

I think it was more the coaching staff wanted Cook to play against the Steelers because of his experience against the 3-4.

I think what they were worried about was the protection calls and decisions the rook would be making against Pitt and Baltimore's complex defenses.

was the coaches' choice to play him.  After the season Alexander said he was only about 85%.  

It was likely a no-win situation.  Robinson wasn't phsyically ready for Hampton and Ngata yet.

Well, all I know is that we were winning and performing consistently better with Robinson in than with Cook.  At the time, they said Cook was 100% and the tradeoff between the guys was even.

I've been praying to the football gods this offseason that Robinson has taken the kind of leap Boiling did during the last offseason - and that Boiling take the same size leap again himself.

Well, all I know is that we were winning and performing consistently better with Robinson in than with Cook.  At the time, they said Cook was 100% and the tradeoff between the guys was even.

I've been praying to the football gods this offseason that Robinson has taken the kind of leap Boiling did during the last offseason - and that Boiling take the same size leap again himself.

From what I saw, the real point the run game took a dive is when our FB was lost for the year.  Cook was already rotating with Robinson some at that point.

From what I saw, the real point the run game took a dive is when our FB was lost for the year.  Cook was already rotating with Robinson some at that point.

And Sanu's disappearance from injury also timed relatively closely with the change at Center.  However, I used my eyes to actually watch the Centers and Robinson looked more solid.  The future bodes well for him.  

yep.  The run game was dominant in both the dallas game, and the philly game until Pressley got hurt.  Both games they used the rotation.

I disagree, Robinson had started and played well in 7 straight games prior to the final 2 meetings with Pitt and Balt. To shelf him and put in an unhealthy Kyle Cook (whom isn't great even when he is 100%) was the wrong move to make and is typical of Marvin. He has always favored his veteran players, and in this case it hurt this team down the stretch. I don't feel like enough players "earn" their spot on this team. Competition brings out the best in everyone, Maybe if there were a true sense of urgency for starting spots at ALL positions on this team, we would see a better end product as a result. I feel that there is a good chance Robinson would beat out Cook if there were a real competition. I keep thinking about the Seahawks last year and how they grossly overpaid for Matt Flynn. Pete Carrol could have easily handed him the ball and said we paid you to be our starter, you're our starter, but he had a true open competition in camp and Russell Wilson won that job. As a result they had a great season. I feel like if that were to happen in Cincinnati you wouldn't see the same Rey in the middle, Cook at center. etc. I think the veteran players are too comfortable, and at times it shows.

I disagree, Robinson had started and played well in 7 straight games prior to the final 2 meetings with Pitt and Balt. To shelf him and put in an unhealthy Kyle Cook (whom isn't great even when he is 100%) was the wrong move to make and is typical of Marvin. He has always favored his veteran players, and in this case it hurt this team down the stretch. I don't feel like enough players "earn" their spot on this team. Competition brings out the best in everyone, Maybe if there were a true sense of urgency for starting spots at ALL positions on this team, we would see a better end product as a result. I feel that there is a good chance Robinson would beat out Cook if there were a real competition. I keep thinking about the Seahawks last year and how they grossly overpaid for Matt Flynn. Pete Carrol could have easily handed him the ball and said we paid you to be our starter, you're our starter, but he had a true open competition in camp and Russell Wilson won that job. As a result they had a great season. I feel like if that were to happen in Cincinnati you wouldn't see the same Rey in the middle, Cook at center. etc. I think the veteran players are too comfortable, and at times it shows.

Saying that Robinson should be assured a spot regardless kind of negates your point about competition.

Yup.  I made this specific point last year:

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/66358-robinson-vs-cook/?p=1192053

As for the Cook vs Robinson specifics, we did this little analysis (read the discussion as it follows for the arguments):

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/66358-robinson-vs-cook/?p=1193837

Archived