Shots fired at Denver marijuana holiday rally...

Numbers

Why do you all keep calling Justice a she? 

She originally had "her" sex listed as female on her profile before changing and has also identified herself as such in a post or two.

Or at least this is what the person driving this troll wanted us to assume... 

She originally had "her" sex listed as female on her profile before changing and has also identified herself as such in a post or two.

Or at least this is what the person driving this troll wanted us to assume... 

Ahhhh. I did not know this. Thanks for replying. 

yes i am a female! btw legalizing pot makes America uncertain..for medical uses it does help with chemo..for recreational uses it is bad for our society...legalize pot then herion addicts will want there way.

yes i am a female! btw legalizing pot makes America uncertain..for medical uses it does help with chemo..for recreational uses it is bad for our society...legalize pot then herion addicts will want there way.

Their way. ;)

And :facepalm:

Portugal has done something like this and I think the results are surprising.  Not what people would think.

Portugal decriminalized drugs.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

Compared to the European Union and the U.S., Portugal's drug use numbers are impressive. Following decriminalization, Portugal had the lowest rate of lifetime marijuana use in people over 15 in the E.U.: 10%. The most comparable figure in America is in people over 12: 39.8%. Proportionally, more Americans have used cocaine than Portuguese have used marijuana.

The Cato paper reports that between 2001 and 2006 in Portugal, rates of lifetime use of any illegal drug among seventh through ninth graders fell from 14.1% to 10.6%; drug use in older teens also declined. Lifetime heroin use among 16-to-18-year-olds fell from 2.5% to 1.8% (although there was a slight increase in marijuana use in that age group). New HIV infections in drug users fell by 17% between 1999 and 2003, and deaths related to heroin and similar drugs were cut by more than half. In addition, the number of people on methadone and buprenorphine treatment for drug addiction rose to 14,877 from 6,040, after decriminalization, and money saved on enforcement allowed for increased funding of drug-free treatment as well.

Portugal's case study is of some interest to lawmakers in the U.S., confronted now with the violent overflow of escalating drug gang wars in Mexico. The U.S. has long championed a hard-line drug policy, supporting only international agreements that enforce drug prohibition and imposing on its citizens some of the world's harshest penalties for drug possession and sales. Yet America has the highest rates of cocaine and marijuana use in the world, and while most of the E.U. (including Holland) has more liberal drug laws than the U.S., it also has less drug use.

But there is a movement afoot in the U.S., in the legislatures of New York State, California and Massachusetts, to reconsider our overly punitive drug laws. Recently, Senators Jim Webb and Arlen Specter proposed that Congress create a national commission, not unlike Portugal's, to deal with prison reform and overhaul drug-sentencing policy. As Webb noted, the U.S. is home to 5% of the global population but 25% of its prisoners.

At the Cato Institute in early April, Greenwald contended that a major problem with most American drug policy debate is that it's based on "speculation and fear mongering," rather than empirical evidence on the effects of more lenient drug policies. In Portugal, the effect was to neutralize what had become the country's number one public health problem, he says.

"The impact in the life of families and our society is much lower than it was before decriminalization," says Joao Castel-Branco Goulao, Portugual's "drug czar" and president of the Institute on Drugs and Drug Addiction, adding that police are now able to re-focus on tracking much higher level dealers and larger quantities of drugs.

Peter Reuter, a professor of criminology and public policy at the University of Maryland, like Kleiman, is skeptical. He conceded in a presentation at the Cato Institute that "it's fair to say that decriminalization in Portugal has met its central goal. Drug use did not rise." However, he notes that Portugal is a small country and that the cyclical nature of drug epidemics — which tends to occur no matter what policies are in place — may account for the declines in heroin use and deaths.

The Cato report's author, Greenwald, hews to the first point: that the data shows that decriminalization does not result in increased drug use. Since that is what concerns the public and policymakers most about decriminalization, he says, "that is the central concession that will transform the debate."

Now, decriminalization is not the same as legalization but the results should be similar.  Decriminalization does not result in increased drug use, does not result in additional health issues and may actually cause them to decrease, does allow for more money to be funneled back into the system by saving money in enforcement and health treatment, etc....

This subject has been covered before at the following link;

Note:  Even Jimmy Carter was OK with "legalizing" marijuana.

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?/topic/66970-former-president-jimmy-carter-ok-with-legalizing-marijuana/?p=1216799

http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/greenwald_whitepaper.pdf

“Decriminalisationcomprises removal of a conduct or activity from the sphere of criminal law. Prohibition remains the rule, but sanctions for use (and its preparatory acts) no longer fall within the framework of the criminal law. [By contrast],“depenalization means relation of the penal sanction provided for by law. In the case of drugs, and cannabis in particular, depenalization generally signifies the elimination of cus-todial penalties.

In sum, “decriminalizationmeans either that only noncriminal sanctions (such as fines or treatment requirements) are imposed or that no penal sanctions can be. In a “depenalizedframework, drug usage remains a criminal offense, but imprisonment is no longer imposed for possession or usage even as other criminal sanctions (e.g., fines, police record, probation) remain available. “Legalization”— which no EU state has yet adopted—means that there are no prohibitions of any kind under the law on drug manufacturing, sales, possession, or usage.

In other words, as the definition of legalization currently stands, I am not for the legalization of marijuana and other drugs but I would be for the decriminalization.  In legalizing drugs there are "no prohibitions of any kind under the law on drug manufacturing, sales, possession, or usage."

none of that makes sense. both alcohol and tobacco are far more addicting and far far worse for your health... nothing you said is true. literally NOTHING.

In other words, as the definition of legalization currently stands, I am not for the legalization of marijuana and other drugs but I would be for the decriminalization.  In legalizing drugs there are "no prohibitions of any kind under the law on drug manufacturing, sales, possession, or usage."

the horrible chemicals that still go in tobacco products despite everyone knowing they will kill you and/or cause horrible disease kind of wipes away the last part. the worst risk in smoking marijuana is the burning papers or gases/smoke from the flames of whatever you are lighting it with. 

i guarantee the cheese pizza i eat is going to kill me before marijuana ever will...

none of that makes sense. both alcohol and tobacco are far more addicting and far far worse for your health... nothing you said is true. literally NOTHING.

so an occasional glass of wine will kill you? Explain

Interesting post?

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that he had other mental health issues unrelated to marijuana use that were the cause of this.

I'd be willing to bet my life savings that he had other mental health issues unrelated to marijuana use that were the cause of this.

duh

people are idiots. shall we pull up the dui accidents, shall we get some lung cancer photos.

save your bullshit folks, everything on the planet kills someone at some point, including time.

there are legal, marketed and advertised products 20x more harmful to you and others on the market for sale. any other argument is invalid.

and foolish

Dammit!  I injected pots earlier...how long do I have before I begin chewing faces?  SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  I can feel it already......OMG I'm so worried.....I'm already starting to get hungry when I look at faces.  It's starting....................

Dammit!  I injected pots earlier...how long do I have before I begin chewing faces?  SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  I can feel it already......OMG I'm so worried.....I'm already starting to get hungry when I look at faces.  It's starting....................

this place is basically a gun store then:

denver-relief-the-medicine-room-that1guy

they have these super dangerous marijuanas sales:

[attachment=1143:59251_360606917393587_668981963_n.jpg]

THAT'S my kind of gun store! 

And 4.2g for $20?   :38:

OZ for $125 - $155?  DAMN SON!  I need to come out there and stock up!  For my glaucoma......

those are everyday deals really.. usually any place will throw in 2-5 free joints and a free 1/8th etc... if you are new member its like christmas...

THAT'S my kind of gun store! 

And 4.2g for $20?   :38:

OZ for $125 - $155?  DAMN SON!  I need to come out there and stock up!  For my glaucoma......

I actually go for my third test for glaucoma this Monday. Unfortunately it's legit, maybe. We'll see what they find this time. If I do have it, Ohio better at least legalize medical use.

I actually go for my third test for glaucoma this Monday. Unfortunately it's legit, maybe. We'll see what they find this time. If I do have it, Ohio better at least legalize medical use.

I hope you don't actually have it, that would be ideal.  If you are diagnosed with it, you can take a PO Box address out in Michigan and if you're willing to drive there, get some damn good medicinal after getting your license. 

medical use yes..recreational use such as what Colorado and Washington are doing no...

Archived