Shots fired at Denver marijuana holiday rally...

Numbers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/20/denver-pot-holiday/2098755/

Shots fired at Denver marijuana holiday rally

DENVER (AP) — Gunfire erupted at a Denver park Saturday, injuring two people and sending tens of thousands gathered for an annual pot celebration fleeing the area, police said.

A crowd of marijuana smokers expected to swell to 80,000 had gathered at the park to mark the counterculture holiday known as 4/20 on the first celebration since Colorado and Washington made pot legal for recreational use. The shooting happened at about 5 p.m. and shortly after pot smokers shared hugs and joints in a mass 4:20 p.m. smoke-out.

Police spokesman Sonny Jackson confirmed two people had been shot and both were taken to a hospital with injuries that did not appear to be life-threating. The gunshots quickly dispelled the festive atmosphere, with police swarming the scene.

Witnesses said they heard three or more shots and crime tape was around the pavilion where the celebration was being held.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zJWdDpYPFk[/media]

That's hilarious. **keeps playing with hair** 

"Stop!"

:lol:

first off it is sad that some states have legalized pot..many people have reations to THC later in life..maybe the shooters were one of those who had a reation..pot needs to be illegal!

Jesus Christ you are a fucking idiot. And please believe me when I say I don't often insult people on here, but your reputation, as it were, certainly precedes you. For someone that espouses to be educated and knowledgeable, you are dumber than shit. No offense, of course.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHHAAHA

Tabernacle!

Pot rally. No available Twinkies. I think we've found our motive.

Well...I hadn't considered that but then I got stoned and went to my local Kroger and realized that Little Debbie (the SLUT!) and her Tastycake friends had taken over so I decided to open fire.

rumor floating around was a robbery gone, well bad/as expected?

like some dudes were bringing in what some other dudes assumed was a crate of the marijuanas, and tried to steal it....  but i keep checking on the story and havent found shit....

the publicity around this is pretty minimal...shockingly... im used to the conservative media back east where this would be headlining news all day, every day, none stop and probably a riot and picketing already starting...

5/8/13 is a big day for the new laws, looks like 15% specialty tax for grower sales to retailers and 15% specialty tax for retail to consumer. which is pretty minimal, the taxes and fees involved in the medical system already in place are almost identical. so prices will go down if anything, with the new competition.

also the proposal as it sits would allow ONLY the medical dispensaries to apply for the public licenses to sell between october and jan 1 2014. so they would know the rules, regulations, and all other issues would already be satisfied instead of having a bunch of dudes like me opening up a pot shop out of no where.... there are concerns about policing the laws/regulations. There is a good amount of the politicians, who seems to not want a penny of the "profit" from this to go towards the policing of it, which doesnt make sense to me... but i havent had time to read more than 40-50% of the documents so far...

oh...and pots are no joke guys, i had a friend once who injected 4 marijuanas and now he is in a coma. 

According to the media the shooter could be black, white, or brown.  Oh hell, they were stoned too...

But seriously, they are looking for one person right now according to Denver authorities;

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_23074280/denver-police-gang-unit-investigating-4-20-shootings

20130421_052137_420-suspect-colorado-den

Denver police spent Sunday scanning video taken at Saturday's 4/20 rally where three people were shot, and by late afternoon released a YouTube video showing a possible suspect and asked for the public's help in locating him.

The suspect, who is walking in a crowd moving away from the scene of the shooting as sirens wail in the background, is seen about six seconds into the video, said police spokesman Sonny Jackson. "We are seeking this individual as we believe he assisted the primary suspect after the shooting. He is the black male with a brown-and-white checkered shirt (walking) between the male in the red shirt and the male wearing the white hat," Jackson said in an e-mail.

rumor floating around was a robbery gone, well bad/as expected?

like some dudes were bringing in what some other dudes assumed was a crate of the marijuanas, and tried to steal it....  but i keep checking on the story and havent found shit....

the publicity around this is pretty minimal...shockingly... im used to the conservative media back east where this would be headlining news all day, every day, none stop and probably a riot and picketing already starting...

5/8/13 is a big day for the new laws, looks like 15% specialty tax for grower sales to retailers and 15% specialty tax for retail to consumer. which is pretty minimal, the taxes and fees involved in the medical system already in place are almost identical. so prices will go down if anything, with the new competition.

also the proposal as it sits would allow ONLY the medical dispensaries to apply for the public licenses to sell between october and jan 1 2014. so they would know the rules, regulations, and all other issues would already be satisfied instead of having a bunch of dudes like me opening up a pot shop out of no where.... there are concerns about policing the laws/regulations. There is a good amount of the politicians, who seems to not want a penny of the "profit" from this to go towards the policing of it, which doesnt make sense to me... but i havent had time to read more than 40-50% of the documents so far...

oh...and pots are no joke guys, i had a friend once who injected 4 marijuanas and now he is in a coma. 

Oh damn, you too are effected with the tragic deaths that have so often occurred from marijuana.  Did you friend inject the marijuanas earlier in life?  Probably and he's just now having reactions to the THCs cuz it's later in life.  Shit guise.  It's so dangerous.

I heard that was just people blowing each other "shotguns". 

Seriously though. Who takes a gun to a Pot Rally? 

Ha.....I get it! 

That guy probably had reactions from teh THCs he snorted...that's why it's so dangerous because you can't even tell reality from reality when the reaction takes effect....and it comes without warning. 

We have to do something. 

first off it is sad that some states have legalized pot..many people have reations to THC later in life..maybe the shooters were one of those who had a reation..pot needs to be illegal!

There is nothing conclusive one way or the other regarding any long term effects of THC. I'd like to see more studies done before we make it legal if only because of the bi-polar and schizo possibilites, but as I said there is nothing conclusive saying that it is the case or not the case.

But if it can be proven that it doesnt lead to those things, I say make it legal and tax and regulate the shit out of it, the proffits could pay down the debit as well as provide a number of things we could use to invest in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_cannabis

Though the long-term effects of cannabis have been studied, there remains much to be concluded. Many studies have investigated whether long-term use of cannabis can cause or contribute to the development of illnesses such as heart disease, bipolar disorder, depression, mood swings or schizophrenia.

There is nothing conclusive one way or the other regarding any long term effects of THC. I'd like to see more studies done before we make it legal if only because of the bi-polar and schizo possibilites, but as I said there is nothing conclusive saying that it is the case or not the case.

But if it can be proven that it doesnt lead to those things, I say make it legal and tax and regulate the shit out of it, the proffits could pay down the debit as well as provide a number of things we could use to invest in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_cannabis

Willie Nelson should be bi-polar and a schizo.  You don't need to study long term effects of Marijuana....just study Willie Nelson.  That'll tell you all you need to know about the effects of THC.

Curious though....there are *maybe*, *possibly*, don't know cuz we don't have long term studies associated with the negatives of THC...but why no mention of the positives?  It has tremendous health benefits.....why are those never mentioned? 

Once people get it through their thick skulls that Cannabis should not be a schedule 1 drug, maybe then there can be some fruitful discussion on it.  Pharmaceutical companies have tried to create synthetic THC because they're well aware the benefits of it.....unable to match even a fraction of the benefits achieved by actual THC though....

Willie Nelson should be bi-polar and a schizo.  You don't need to study long term effects of Marijuana....just study Willie Nelson.  That'll tell you all you need to know about the effects of THC.

Curious though....there are *maybe*, *possibly*, don't know cuz we don't have long term studies associated with the negatives of THC...but why no mention of the positives?  It has tremendous health benefits.....why are those never mentioned? 

Once people get it through their thick skulls that Cannabis should not be a schedule 1 drug, maybe then there can be some fruitful discussion on it.  Pharmaceutical companies have tried to create synthetic THC because they're well aware the benefits of it.....unable to match even a fraction of the benefits achieved by actual THC though....

:lol: Or Snoop Dog in studying the amounts of THC.

That's why I'd like to see those studies done. ;)

I'd venture to guess the benifits do get talked about, thus why medical marijuana is legal in various states, but when were talking about nationally legalizing it for what I would guess would be recreational use, that is a bit different in my eyes.

Archived