37th pick poll

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who we taking?

• RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama
    • S Jonathan Cyprien, FIU
    • Other

I think they take Cyprien if he's available just because there are fewer Safeties available that can provide an impact at this point, as compared to running backs.  A healthy Lacy is probably the best RB available, but with the injury history you have reason for pause, plus similar guys should be available at 53 and later.  Ball, Bell, even Taylor if you want more of a between the tackles guy, plus Bernard, Franklin and even Gillislee.

i'm putting my chips behind eddie lacy. as i said in another thread, i think eifert's selection changes the type of fit we now need. with 10 picks in this draft, we can grab a speedy compliment later, and i'd expect them to do just that. kenjon barner is a good example that would seem to fit that mold well.

This poll is mildly retarded. Put 5 more choices on and make it interesting. Was our first pick a "consensus" option?

I'd love Bernard at 53 but don't want to wait. If we're taking BPA (something we should take into consideration considering that's been our MO lately), carradine and woods and possibly Watson should be legit considerations at least. Hell, I'd even throw people like Jamie Collins on the list. Especially in the second round, our history suggests we'll take a falling star and big upside.

This poll is mildly retarded. Put 5 more choices on and make it interesting. Was our first pick a "consensus" option?

I'd love Bernard at 53 but don't want to wait. If we're taking BPA (something we should take into consideration considering that's been our MO lately), carradine and woods and possibly Watson should be legit considerations at least. Hell, I'd even throw people like Jamie Collins on the list. Especially in the second round, our history suggests we'll take a falling star and big upside.

:facepalm:

99% of the people on the board agree it will be Lacy or Cyprien. I put the other on there just for you Nick. If you don't think we take either of the consensus guys then vote other. 

Also read the topic title, 37th pick. There are only 4 picks before ours so it's pretty easy to narrow down who we might take.

:facepalm:

99% of the people on the board agree it will be Lacy or Cyprien. I put the other on there just for you Nick. If you don't think we take either of the consensus guys then vote other. 

Also read the topic title, 37th pick. There are only 4 picks before ours so it's pretty easy to narrow down who we might take.

Sooner or later it looks like I'm going to have to pull up my Playmakers Mock Thread.

You know, the one where I took Eifert #1 and you shit all over it? Conventional wisdom has been proven to be bullshit.

Incidentally, I had Gio Bernard at 37.

Sooner or later it looks like I'm going to have to pull up my Playmakers Mock Thread.

You know, the one where I took Eifert #1 and you shit all over it? Conventional wisdom has been proven to be bullshit.

Incidentally, I had Gio Bernard at 37.

Has absolutely nothing to do with you not understanding the poll

I understand the poll, but anyone who knows anything about polls understands that the way they are presented has everything to do with results. Basic human psychology. This poll isn't nearly as useful as one with 10 picks (we only need look at those five radically different top 10 lists to see how sensible that would be), where we'd get a better sense of who people might take given the (unfettered/uninfluenced) choice.

I understand the poll, but anyone who knows anything about polls understands that the way they are presented has everything to do with results. Basic human psychology. This poll isn't nearly as useful as one with 10 picks (we only need look at those five radically different top 10 lists to see how sensible that would be), where we'd get a better sense of who people might take given the (unfettered/uninfluenced) choice.

Then start a new poll and stop complaining every time I make a poll???

I'm not making a poll listing 30 prospects when only 2 (Lacy and Cyprien) are going to get the most votes. If you've been following the conversations on the boards today they are the 2 that keep coming up. So I made a poll with them (and an "other" for those who think otherwise) to see what people thought.

Haha. It is.

An dI have every confidence that, no matter who we pick in the next three picks, they are going to be solid guys who are going to male the team better.

I just think backs like Bernard adn Franklin will make a greater difference for our O and I just don't see a huge difference between the cypriens and swearingers and the safeties who are sure to be there at 2b and 3 (and maybe even 4).

I think how i feel about it too.  The complimentary skills he possesses are exactly what we need, including KR/PR. I want so badly a counter to Ray Rice!

Archived