Benghazi

BengalBacker

I have a serious question in regards to your article posted.  How does this change the statements made by the State Department telling FEST to stand down ?  Multiple military units were available that day but only one was on record as being told to stand down (FEST) and they were not military or military controlled.

There was no military “stand-down” order given the night of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on the U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, military officials told lawmakers late Wednesday, contradicting a State Department official’s account of the event.

Military can not give a stand down order to FEST unless given operational control of that unit.  They can give it to their own troops and there was a special military force that responds to incidents  such as these but were away on mission in Croatia (see quote below) and was not necessary to tell them to stand down.  The State Department never said (that I am aware of) stand down to the military unit (away in Croatia) but did tell the FEST to stand down (Patrick Kennedy's office).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584921/officials-on-benghazi-we-made-mistakes-but-without-malice/

The list of mea culpas by Obama administration officials involved in the Benghazi response and aftermath include: standing down the counterterrorism Foreign Emergency Support Team

In an unfortunate turn of events, on Sept. 11, a special U.S. military force based in Europe, designed specifically for quick reaction to unforeseen emergencies, was off on a training mission in Croatia.

http://2001-2009.state.gov/s/ct/about/c16664.htm

The FEST provides round-the-clock advice and assistance to Ambassadors and foreign governments facing crisis. The Team is comprised of seasoned experts from the Department of State, FBI, Department of Defense, Department of Energy, and the Intelligence Community

In other words, FEST is not comprised of military members (maybe ex-military but not current military).  It is directed by White House National Security Council but for some reason State Department made the call to stand down.  Not sure how this happened or even if it was possible.  There are multiple military units capable of handling incidents such as these.  Not sure which one was in Croatia at the time.  There was a small unit in Tripoli that never deployed but they were never told to stand down either, probably a question of unit strength necessary to meet threat. 

Here's the thing about Bengazi.  My racist brother is polluting my facebook news feed with crap against Obama on Bengazi.  It makes me think --perhaps unfairly-- that maybe it's an excuse for people who don't want to appear racist yet want to be critical of the administration, as if there isn't enough legitimate stuff (i.e., all his oligarchist policies) to bring attention to.

Here's the thing about Bengazi.  My racist brother is polluting my facebook news feed with crap against Obama on Bengazi.  It makes me think --perhaps unfairly-- that maybe it's an excuse for people who don't want to appear racist yet want to be critical of the administration, as if there isn't enough legitimate stuff (i.e., all his oligarchist policies) to bring attention to.

The problem with bringing attention to the economic polices of Obama and being truthful about them is they would have to admit he's playing out of their playbook. Not gonna happen.

I'm sorry.  I did not know you had one of "those" type of brothers.  Ever since the Cole attack, I tend to get very critical which is a fault of mine.  My friend (from a military school) did not die that day but died sometime later from the overwhelming stress (most likely answer) of dealing with the loss of limb and massive injuries sustained that day.  Hearing the family of the former Navy Seal rips my heart out when they describe what happened to him in Benghazi.  Very difficult to remain unbiased but I still attempt to do so.  So, when someone hears me saying something derogatory towards any administration it has nothing to do with the color of the person's skin or their political background but merely the policies and practices which have been established that resulted in people getting killed needlessly.

Before

20091230_dn_0kvffm4p.jpg

After

2035492.jpg

In regards to Libya, I was there during two separate incidents in the 80's.  The lying started immediately.  Reasoning became, how we justify going to war with this country.  Not, how can we get out of this by negotiations.  Some incidents that happened then were never reported and are still considered classified.  Reagan was in charge back then.  Ross Perot even donated quite a large sum for ship's party when we finally pulled back in home port.  There is more to this rant than what I can say but let me be clear, politicians get the military and eventually the civilian community into this mess and the military is required to clean it up.  Usually resulting in the deaths of many innocent lives that had nothing to do with any of the problems created by the politicians.

I'm sorry.  I did not know you had one of "those" type of brothers.  Ever since the Cole attack, I tend to get very critical which is a fault of mine.  My friend (from a military school) did not die that day but died sometime later from the overwhelming stress (most likely answer) of dealing with the loss of limb and massive injuries sustained that day.  Hearing the family of the former Navy Seal rips my heart out when they describe what happened to him in Benghazi.  Very difficult to remain unbiased but I still attempt to do so.  So, when someone hears me saying something derogatory towards any administration it has nothing to do with the color of the person's skin or their political background but merely the policies and practices which have been established that resulted in people getting killed needlessly.

Before

20091230_dn_0kvffm4p.jpg

After

2035492.jpg

In regards to Libya, I was there during two separate incidents in the 80's.  The lying started immediately.  Reasoning became, how we justify going to war with this country.  Not, how can we get out of this by negotiations.  Some incidents that happened then were never reported and are still considered classified.  Reagan was in charge back then.  Ross Perot even donated quite a large sum for ship's party when we finally pulled back in home port.  There is more to this rant than what I can say but let me be clear, politicians get the military and eventually the civilian community into this mess and the military is required to clean it up.  Usually resulting in the deaths of many innocent lives that had nothing to do with any of the problems created by the politicians.

This is a truth we can all agree on.. Sadly.

Idontalways_zps2560613b.jpg

Idontalways_zps2560613b.jpg

Why does that picture you posted of our president have the words "Must Die" on a stamp placed directly on him?  You don't think that's fucked up?  This is one of your lamest posts ever.. SMH.

"You suck" is pretty much the response that comes to mind/

Honestly I didn't notice that. Yeah that's fucked up. The rest of it's pretty much spot on though.

Just blew it up on iPhoto, can't post here.

The arc across the top says "Political"

The arc across the bottom says "Correctness"

and it says "Must Die" in the center.

Says the same thing on the label of the bottle.

And in lighter text but clearer above the writing at the bottom.

Just sayin' and FYI.

Just blew it up on iPhoto, can't post here.

The arc across the top says "Political"

The arc across the bottom says "Correctness"

and it says "Must Die" in the center.

Says the same thing on the label of the bottle.

And in lighter text but clearer above the writing at the bottom.

Just sayin' and FYI.

Good catch, +1 for the sharp eye.

After looking at all (most of them) pictures that were stamped the same way, it is obviously a biased artist, site, etc...

Here is a sampling;

995737_574205632622126_1416544409_n.jpg

66489_575018155874207_504407396_n.jpg

1003020_573985799310776_1630309568_n.jpg

1012906_575097565866266_917324681_n.jpg

943711_575945162448173_823448715_n.jpg

46412_573897799319576_39066583_n.jpg

1012387_569845706391452_638864080_n.jpg

970789_569773209732035_824623504_n.jpg

1017679_569874059721950_449046259_n.jpg

Spy Games? Wouldn't surprise me.

What I find most amusing about a specific flavor of anti-Obama rhetoric that stems from certain locales is that those criticisms of Obama tend to be in areas where Obama has extended (or amplified) policies inherited from a certain previous administration, with an additional dose of racism as frosting in many cases.

Archived