XBOX ONE Announcement, DRM concerns....

From everything that I've read and heard, used games will be fairly the same on both the Xbox and PS4.

Some gaming companies already charge people who buy used games and want to play online. That has nothing to do with Microsoft or Sony and I am assuming that is what Microsoft is refering to with the Xbox One.

Is it going to be bitching hard to get Xbox One on Amazon after it comes out?  I saw the pre-order stock ran out, but they are still letting you pre-order it, but without same day shipping.  

I'm on the fence.  My favorite game at this point has to be MLB the Show and Gran Turismo is up there.  GTA was funner for me on PS2 with San Andreas and when I played Liberty City on XBOX, I hated it.  But my buddies play Xbox and online gaming is a nice experience when I have the time.

Also, sorry if this is recycled info (I've just skimmed through), but are old 360 games going to be compatible on Xbox one?  I don't want to grab GTA V and then a month later not be able to play..

NVM found my answer.  Dumb.

http://www.gizmag.com/xbox-one-always-online-used-games-block/27829/

it seems pretty simple, the online "check in" is strictly to prevent you from renting or gameflying games putting them on your hard drive, and playing them free forever...

there is no speculation or rumor anymore, microsoft came out and stated how its going to handle the two big "issues" people keep talking about..

For 99% of people this won't be a issue, but I did see a legit one, guys in the navy out to sea

http://www.gizmag.com/xbox-one-always-online-used-games-block/27829/

it seems pretty simple, the online "check in" is strictly to prevent you from renting or gameflying games putting them on your hard drive, and playing them free forever...

there is no speculation or rumor anymore, microsoft came out and stated how its going to handle the two big "issues" people keep talking about..

IM not sure you can do that, I thought you need the disk to play even the installed games?

Are Xbox one and Xbox 360 going to be played on seperate servers?  As in not playable together online?

Dont believe so, they are talking about how your profile can rome between One and 360, however from what I understand you cant play 360 games on the One, so you wouldn't be able to play together online with someone who doesnt have the same system anyway.

I don't see how you can say there are no restrictions on used games based on that statement. See "at participating retailers". Any possible resale will have to be on their terms and through their process. You can't sell the game on ebay to someone else. Microsoft is allowing each publisher to make their own terms while PS4 has specifically said there will be no restrictions allowed. If a publisher wants to enforce a $20 transfer fee on xbox, Microsoft will allow it. I think Microsoft is that stupid and you will see the same used games being restricted on xbox but not PS4. 

I also think there are way more people than you realize that don't have constant internet access. Microsoft has told those people to deal with it and just play the 360.

who doesnt have a consistant internet access where they keep their 360?

even on the most menial games you couldnt do game patches, updates, roster updates, anything...

who doesnt have internet for the 360?

I haven't owned a system in years and wanted to get the Xbox. Instead I am getting the PS4. $100 less. No consistent internet connection required. Better performance. No kinect spying on me. What's not to like?

you dont have to use the kinnect if you dont want to use the motion waving and voice control features...

Internet connections go down sometimes

and you can still play.. i can quote the release again.. but it will simply ping once every 24 hours or whatever ro ensure the game, which is burned to your hard drive, is still valid to your account.. i would even assume if you cant ping, that it would simply require you play of the disc itself..

but i havent had an internet connection go down for more than a few hours in probably 10 years... perhaps people have that issue somewhere.. but for the bazillionth time.. it doesnt stop working when your internet goes down...

who doesnt have a consistant internet access where they keep their 360?

even on the most menial games you couldnt do game patches, updates, roster updates, anything...

who doesnt have internet for the 360?

Guys in the Navy out to sea.

Guys in the Navy out to sea.

as far as business goes, thats such a small percentage of potential purchasers its not worth considering and is not a factor in designing gaming consoles features..

thats like saying the new honda polit design is stupid because some people dont have feet to use the gas pedal with... everything isnt designed for everyone..

and also it appears the navy is starting to take 4g internet out to sea with them..

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/02/navy-wwan-deploys/

I seriously don't know how you can accept MS and actually defend their decisions with this, Go. The always on thing, lame. Not everyone has wifi or Internet. The no used games thing is fucking lame as well. Of I buy a game, and I can't re sell it at will, doesn't really fucking look like I own shit

Microsoft is getting destroyed because of all of this shit. Not only is the PS4 more powerful, you can play used games, no retarded check in system, no Kinect always on and required to be on in order for the system so work, and for 100 fucking dollars less. There is absolutely no reason to choose a Xbox One.

Stooooop

And because of the DRM and the lack of established broadband infrastructure nationally across some countries, even some not as advanced, yet advanced enough countries are missing out on it. Microsoft dropped the goddamn ball and you're foolish if you believe otherwise.

you have to put in a code to play online.  if i gave you my copy, you would have to buy a code from EA.

After 2 years of being voted the worst company in America and horrible backlash from consumers, EA abolished their online game pass system just a few weeks ago I believe. No catch, either. It was really surprising. If you buy one of their games used now and try to play it online, it won't ask you for an access code. Nicely done EA

And because of the DRM and the lack of established broadband infrastructure nationally across some countries, even some not as advanced, yet advanced enough countries are missing out on it. Microsoft dropped the goddamn ball and you're foolish if you believe otherwise.

beating PS4 in pre orders so far says otherwise...

and i dont live in other countries.. and i stick to the 99% of people who bought a 360 have access to a reliable internet source, and wont affect them buying a xbox1

why are you pretending to give a fuck that a measly part of the target market for $500 video game consoles may be to buy a different $400-600 video game console to better fit their needs.

this internet troll attitude everyone has as if microsoft is going out of business because they want to ping the web every 24 hours is ridiculous.

i had some clown at work trying to convince me that microsoft might not even exist in a few years when the xbox1 flops...

people need to get a grip.

unless you have 2nd world living conditions in buttfuck idaho, or are on a ship with a bunch of seamen, there is no issue with the xbox 1 requirements of use...

these issues dont apply to the general public, and certainly not the lower-middleclass to upper class 7-20 yr olds whos mom is fronting the bill for the internet, xbox live subscription and the extra $100 .....

it really cant be that hard to understand that neither Sony, nor Microsoft give two shits about poor people who cant afford their shit. its business, and they arent in the business of trying to force $500 consoles, $60-99 games, $60-150 accessories and monthly entertainment subscriptions to people counting pennies...

the target market is people with entertainment budgets in their finances.. i am on the lower end of their target market.. i can just go buy an xbox one willie nillie, i have to plan it and save for it.. i am the bottom of the barrel that microsoft is fishing in...

anyone below me on this isnt an audience they are concerned about.. the Wii U covers that market well as well...

the crazy part is.. i HATE microsoft.. i hate how resource hungry and clunky office is, i hate windows, windows mobile phones i often forget even exist.. i cant stand them..

but im not going to pretend console sales in other countries somehow effects which console i buy... or if dudes in the navy can game with it...

none of these things effect anyone in this forum... or anyone i know at all...

* correction, ps4 has passed xbox 1 today for #1 on amazon.. they have switched places 3 times since sales opened for both...

point still stands.. sales are neck and neck.. people act like xbox one wont sell well.. and they sell the same..

which continues to prove the point.. that no one actually cares about the petty shit people are trolling about..

* correction, ps4 has passed xbox 1 today for #1 on amazon.. they have switched places 3 times since sales opened for both...

point still stands.. sales are neck and neck.. people act like xbox one wont sell well.. and they sell the same..

which continues to prove the point.. that no one actually cares about the petty shit people are trolling about..

Pretty much agree with this. However, I think MS really could have laid the hammer to Sony if they would have come out and done exactly what Sony is doing now. Be extremely upfront about no restrictions on games, no checking in, no special hardware having to be on. Also should have made Kinect optional so they could match Sony's price.

Xbox one will still sell very well, but I just feel like MS missed a golden opportunity to really stick it to Sony. They also undoubtedly lost customers to Sony because of all this too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKdBecUSGP0&feature=youtu.be[/media]

lol

So basically sharing games thing was a lie how we couldn't share games on both new systems? I didn't read too much but just what I heard. Also I heard that we can't buy games that they are only downloads now. Guess that's not true either?

Archived