Packers Week Notes

There is concern that backup left end Robert Geathers may have suffered a serious enough arm injury Monday night that it could affect his staus for the rest of the season. Also it's believed that safety Jeromy Miles cleared waivers and the club may have some interest in re-signing him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-NFLs-No-1-offense-next-Concern-for-Geathers-Miles-clears/45ea891b-7d10-4002-9bc8-7a160e464fd9

There is concern that backup left end Robert Geathers may have suffered a serious enough arm injury Monday night that it could affect his staus for the rest of the season. Also it's believed that safety Jeromy Miles cleared waivers and the club may have some interest in re-signing him.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-NFLs-No-1-offense-next-Concern-for-Geathers-Miles-clears/45ea891b-7d10-4002-9bc8-7a160e464fd9

I guess the Red-shirt Margus Hunt year may not come to fruition. He may be put out there to play.

some notes on the packers:

They scored 28 vs the 49ers (1-1).  The 49ers gave up 29pts in their other game to the Seahawks.

They scored 38 vs Washington (0-2).  Washington gave up 33pts in their other game to the Eagles.

They gave up 34 vs the 49ers, who scored only 3pts against Seattle

They gave up 20 vs the Redskins, who scored 27 against the Eagles.

I openly mocked the red shirt idea from the first moment it was offered.

There's simply too much wear and attrition on the D-line to think he'd sit out the season.

Not sure what you're getting at here...the DL is one of the deepest position groups on the team. Geathers is steady, especially against the run, if unspectacular. Hunt was drafted in the second round for a reason. Yeah, he is something of a project but he can make plays. Also, we have so much switching of positions along the line...Gilberry lining up at end on certain situations, etc that even if Geathers is seriously injured I don't think we'll miss him too much. If anything, it will mean a starting role for Dunlap, who plays on that side, and is a better pass rusher than Geather's wet dreams anyway. I don't think there's much of a dropoff in run stuffing from Dunlap to Geathers either. 

Red shirt or not...the Baltic Behemoth will be a serious downgrade from Jumpy Jr.

Might want to scour for another Gilberry type street guy, if there are any.

I can't see us really doing that unless and until someone of more consequence goes down. Don't we already have a DL guy on the practice squad?

I like that we're at home two games in a row, especially coming off a short week to play Green Bay. I like our chances. Really in my mind all we need to do besides play great defense which we've already shown we can do, is minimize mistakes, open up the playbook a little and get more touches in the middle of the field for our beastly TE's, a couple more touches for Bernard, then we should be good to go. We don't have to get into a shootout with Aaron Rodgers. We need to do what we do, do it efficiently and well, and keep Rodgers on the bench as much as possible. 

The way our o-line has been playing, I think a steady dose of a grinding run game with a true WCO approach to moving the ball on short passes can win us the game. But we MUST execute and not get dumb penalties or untimely turnovers. We can do this shit!

I imagine Hall is going to be on Cobb all day and Newman will be on Nelson all day. 

I forgot about cobb that makes sense...I really want to see what kirkpatrick can do, him making that TD saving tackle was pretty amazing, even if they did end up scoring, no1 else catches sanders? before he gets into the endzone.

I think this game is going to come down to third down on both sides.  Their pass defense isn't very good, and their run defense isn't stellar either.  We are going to score points.  We just have to try to limit there points.  We HAVE to get to Rodgers with only the front 4.  If we have to bring extra, it doesn't bode well for us.

I don't know how well their line has been this year, but I know it hasn't been good in the past.  

I don't know.  Unless we are in nickel/dime all day.  Our LBs aren't exactly great in coverage.  We might be better off bringing at least 1 of them frequently.

Archived