!!!THE PATRIOTS @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!

Nice play calling Gruden.

So once again we sit on the ball and give the other team free points.

Remember what happened in Chicago.  I don't think it was the wrong decision to sit on the ball.  A better punt by Huber and we're probably up 3-0 going into the half.  

Does anyone really think this offense would have gone 50 yards in 50 seconds to get into FG range?  I mean, we have looked pretty inept up to that point.  Run them out of TO's and hope that you can stop Tom, like they had been doing.  

Again, understand the game of football. No one said anything about scoring points. But that doesn't mean you have to spot them some. Get first downs, run out the clock. It's simple. It's what any winning team in the league would do in that situation.

Who the fuck said anything about scoring. How about a first down and run out the clock instead of conceding points to the other team?

This.

Guys, I really think that the coaching staff is starting to think the same way we do and are thinking that Andy isn't the franchise QB that they thought he would be. They don't trust him. 

Dan Marino, Boomer and Shannon all seem to agree.

Does anyone really think this offense would have gone 50 yards in 50 seconds to get into FG range?  I mean, we have looked pretty inept up to that point.  Run them out of TO's and hope that you can stop Tom, like they had been doing.  

I agree. Deep in your own territory with under a minute to go was not the time to try to make a statement on offense with points being so precious, regardless of how many timeouts you have. We are getting the ball back. If we'd tried what some of you suggest and had turned the ball over there, you'd be complaining equally loudly. 

That wasn't a lack of confidence in Dalton, that was the right thing to do in that situation.

I agree. Deep in your own territory with under a minute to go was not the time to try to make a statement on offense with points being so precious, regardless of how many timeouts you have. We are getting the ball back. If we'd tried what some of you suggest and had turned the ball over there, you'd be complaining equally loudly. 

That wasn't a lack of confidence in Dalton, that was the right thing to do in that situation.

It isn't a statement call. It is a maintain the lead call. You have to at least get that first down. Using up the Pat's timeouts is irrelevant if you can't get a first down. 

We finally start using our TE's and then we go on right ahead doing the same old bullshit. 

Again, understand the game of football. No one said anything about scoring points. But that doesn't mean you have to spot them some. Get first downs, run out the clock. It's simple. It's what any winning team in the league would do in that situation.

Again, your wrong.  Do you really think they weren't trying to get a first down?  Did they go out there and kneel three times before they punted it? They aren't going to risk an incomplete pass/turnover.  There is a smart way to do it and there is a risky way to do it.  They went with the smart way and it didn't work.  Get over it.

Bingo.

Talking heads said it perfectly. Dalton only missed two passes and had the bad decision on the pick. Other than that, he's throwing 80%! That's the definition of conservative passing that you should rely on to get the first down in this type of situation. By doing the opposite, the coaches have sent a resounding message to this team that they can't take back. Want to see the defense let down? Just keep showing them that you aren't going to let the audience play the game and they'll eventually lose their mojo.

The O Line has played terribly. Dalton is being limited by that and by terribly playcalling. Yep, he's still not using his eyes and making horrible decisions, but this guy will not grow an inch if you don't give him room to go. There's a shred of a chance that Dalton can still be your guy. But there won't be if you don't let him play the game. Why do we always wait until late in the game to let him throw? Because we're often behind. You defense has put you in great position over and over. Return the favor and don't spot the other team points while you're D is resting on the bench.

Archived