What about Dre?

I did do it intentionally. Please don't hate me.

I can't hate on a guy surrounded by cats playing up his new iPhone.  Pity is a better word!   :sport27:

Back on topic:  I believe Dre will get more snaps this weekend.  Hope he does well.  I love that we haven't had a bust in a LONG time and hope Dre doesn't change that.  We have done great in the draft.

I have to laugh at the Dolphins and the #3 pick in the draft this year.  Dude was described as awful in run defense.  

Typed on my old Silver MPC Transport T2400 laptop running Win 7 Pro and utilizing a free hotspot through a rooted  HTC Thunderbolt Droid. 

EDIT: I was about to get a new phone and my 12 year old said "Don't do it Dad.  I can root it and it will be awesome."  Threw him the phone and said, "Have at it."  Amazing how fast a phone is with all of the bloatware off of it.  And a free hotspot to boot.  F U company starting with a V.

I can't hate on a guy surrounded by cats playing up his new iPhone.  Pity is a better word!   :sport27:

Typed on my old Silver MPC Transport T2400 laptop running Win 7 Pro and utilizing a free hotspot through a rooted an HTC Thunderbolt Droid. 

EDIT: I was about to get a new phone and my 12 year old said "Don't do it Dad.  I can root it and it will be awesome."  Threw him the phone and said, "Have at it."  Amazing how fast a phone is with all of the bloatware off of it.  And a free hotspot to boot.  F U company starting with a V.

Back on topic:  I believe Dre will get more snaps this weekend.  Hope he does well.  I love that we haven't had a bust in a LONG time and hope Dre doesn't change that.  We have done great in the draft.

I have to laugh at the Dolphins and the #3 pick in the draft this year.  Dude was described as awful in run defense.  

Ok.. that was funny!  

but back on topic....  I do think it is fair to question Kirkpatrick.   But the age argument is silly in my opinion.  He has "IT" or he does not.   And it is fair to expect much much more from a 1st round pick.   But we have watched Smith develop over 4 years, so I'm hoping for the best.......

Ok.. that was funny!  

but back on topic....  I do think it is fair to question Kirkpatrick.   But the age argument is silly in my opinion.  He has "IT" or he does not.   And it is fair to expect much much more from a 1st round pick.   But we have watched Smith develop over 4 years, so I'm hoping for the best.......

The age aspect has merit.  We need our best players fresh down the stretch and older players tend to get injured easier.  I don't like seeing Newman out there all game although sometimes you have no choice..  I just think its a matter of time before he gets hurt and he is too valuable to lose down the stretch.  

Think about it, Ed Reed and T Newman are the same age.  Once Reed started getting injured he slid downhill quickly.

The age aspect has merit.  We need our best players fresh down the stretch and older players tend to get injured easier.  I don't like seeing Newman out there all game although sometimes you have no choice..  I just think its a matter of time before he gets hurt and he is too valuable to lose down the stretch.  

Think about it, Ed Reed and T Newman are the same age.  Once Reed started getting injured he slid downhill quickly.

Oh I agree we need our best players fresh.  And that part of the age argument does have merit.  But to use age of the starters as a determining factor in the "bust" equation is what I call silly.   Not defending Dre.  As a first round pick, I expected a helluva alot more.  But at the same time not ready to call out the bust label.   

well we'll find out this week.  With Crocker doubtful, that puts Ghee and Kirkpatrick as the slot DB's this week.

^ this. The guys on the radio clearly did not think Crocker will go this weekend. Regardless of position, one or both must step up. In a nut shell, if Crocker, mays, hall are all out and Dre's snaps do not increase, the coaches have no confidence in the guy at this time. He or Ghee must step up and I agree that Newman needs a breather from time to time or he may wear out by years end when you need him most.

^ this. The guys on the radio clearly did not think Crocker will go this weekend. Regardless of position, one or both must step up. In a nut shell, if Crocker, mays, hall are all out and Dre's snaps do not increase, the coaches have no confidence in the guy at this time. He or Ghee must step up and I agree that Newman needs a breather from time to time or he may wear out by years end when you need him most.

its simply not that simple.  Yes Dre's snaps are going to increase, but he's not simply going to take over.  LCB/RCB is different than playing in the slot, where Kirkpatrick has little experience.

Ghee will probably get more snaps than Kirkpatrick this week (even though Kirkpatrick has gotten more than Ghee in each of the last 3 games).  Ghee is a slot corner and prior to crocker being signed, was Hall's backup as slot CB.  That doesn't mean Ghee is ahead of Kirkpatrick on the depth chart, although many will probably say that after the game.  

All CB spots are not equal. People need to realize that fact is in play here.  

its simply not that simple.  Yes Dre's snaps are going to increase, but he's not simply going to take over.  LCB/RCB is different than playing in the slot, where Kirkpatrick has little experience.

Ghee will probably get more snaps than Kirkpatrick this week (even though Kirkpatrick has gotten more than Ghee in each of the last 3 games).  Ghee is a slot corner and prior to crocker being signed, was Hall's backup as slot CB.  That doesn't mean Ghee is ahead of Kirkpatrick on the depth chart, although many will probably say that after the game.  

All CB spots are not equal. People need to realize that fact is in play here.

I isn't simple but it isn't rocket science either. Each time a man does down there is a trickle down effect as guys roles must change. If nothing else, NFL coaches are really smart guys and just like a pitch count in baseball, they count players snaps and try to control them to prevent wear down late in the season. This in itself will increase someone's snaps even if it is on,y stealing plays to keep guys fresh.

If you are down 3 guys in the secondary and you play in the secondary and are a #1 draft pick and your role is not expanding by an increased number of snaps but you are available to play then there is a problem.

I am not saying there is a problem but I am saying that if Crocker doesn't play and Dre and/or Ghee's snaps do not increase in a meaningful way --- that is a sigh there is a problem.

I isn't simple but it isn't rocket science either. Each time a man does down there is a trickle down effect as guys roles must change. If nothing else, NFL coaches are really smart guys and just like a pitch count in baseball, they count players snaps and try to control them to prevent wear down late in the season. This in itself will increase someone's snaps even if it is on,y stealing plays to keep guys fresh.
If you are down 3 guys in the secondary and you play in the secondary and are a #1 draft pick and your role is not expanding by an increased number of snaps but you are available to play then there is a problem.
I am not saying there is a problem but I am saying that if Crocker doesn't play and Dre and/or Ghee's snaps do not increase in a meaningful way --- that is a sigh there is a problem.

They will no doubt increase, they are the only ones left, lol.

So after 1.5 years here learning the system he isn't good enough to start in front of a 3 guys whose respective ages are 30,33,35. 

If the guy was a late second round or lower, we would not be having this conversation.  He was the 17th pick in the draft.

Can't label him a bust yet but he certainly has been a huge disappointment thus far.  

My biggest concern is he has rarely shown me anything  on the field for the most part.  Even Keith Rivers, when healthy, could play.

If we can label Big Daddy (195 career games in NFL) and Justin Smith busts (some did and you know who you are) it is becoming more and more difficult to defend this guy.

i guess therein lies the difference with the way many view it. there's no way in hell i'd ever call justin smith or danny wilkinson a bust.. just no way!

i can agree with you that dre has disappointed so far, but injuries have played a huge part in that. i wasn't real happy with the selection when we drafted him. despite that, i'm still not ready to label him a bust. he's making progress out there.

I'm not sure what game you guys watching but not the one I watched that's for sure.

because he gave up a TD to one of probably the top 15 WR's in the game, and it took a perfect throw because he had decent coverage?

He played probably 40+ snaps today and allowed I think 2 catches.  What game were you watching?  I was watching the same one that prompted you to say "he definitely a first round pick" barely more than an hour ago.

because he gave up a TD to one of probably the top 15 WR's in the game, and it took a perfect throw because he had decent coverage?

He played probably 40+ snaps today and allowed I think 2 catches.  What game were you watching?  I was watching the same one that prompted you to say "he definitely a first round pick" barely more than an hour ago.

While you're at it what did you think of Andy today?

I watched Dre specifically on defense today. He played flat out amazing. Even on the TD he had good coverage and it was just a perfect catch and throw by the Browns. Dre was all over his guy, always in a position to make a play and make a tackle and he did it with significant playing time and not just a handful of plays. Very impressed by him. Ghee also played well in the 2nd half.

I watched Dre specifically on defense today. He played flat out amazing. Even on the TD he had good coverage and it was just a perfect catch and throw by the Browns. Dre was all over his guy, always in a position to make a play and make a tackle and he did it with significant playing time and not just a handful of plays. Very impressed by him. Ghee also played well in the 2nd half.

I thought Dre played solid. Nice sack on the first drive. Played good coverage, even on the TD. He was maybe a half step behind him at most. Anything besides an absolute perfect pass and he would have been fine.

Dre (or anyone) never should have been 1 on 1 with Gordon in the 1st place when you know they're going to try it deep. I tried to focus on his play and thought it was pretty good today.

Agree completely. Thats a Zimmer fuck up. You don't put your young inexperienced corner 1 on 1 with a superstar WR.

I thought Dre played solid. Nice sack on the first drive. Played good coverage, even on the TD. He was maybe a half step behind him at most. Anything besides an absolute perfect pass and he would have been fine.

Yep and the biggest concern about him is lack of speed to stay with top speed WRs which Gordon is one of those. There should have been safety help. He is very physical and active and I've liked his play a lot this year.

Archived