What about Dre?

Yeah.  He has had a plethora of ST penalties this year.  Its really the only time I remember his name being called.  Its still early, but its not looking great.

We probably didn't really deserve that first round pick anyways.

Dude needs to stop with the ST penalties. It's pretty ridiculous. Past that I think Miami and Baltimore didn't play much nickel so he hasn't been on the field a lot lately. 

he had 16 defensive snaps against Baltimore, which would be a career high I believe.  

And LOL at the bust label.

he had 16 defensive snaps against Baltimore, which would be a career high I believe.  

seriously. anyway, zimmer will always go with the established veteran when he can. he trusts crocker, dre has yet to earn his trust. and at least we didn't use a first round pick-or trade one-for trent richardson.

As soon as we stop bitching about Andy Dalton we must immediately bitch about Dre Kirkpatrick, or the gods of Bengals bitching will not be satisfied!

Dude is not even close to a bust. You want to know what a bust looks like? Ras-I Dowling went two picks before Andy Dalton in the 2011 draft and I'm pretty sure he's flipping burgers at White Castle right now. That's a damn bust.

As soon as we stop bitching about Andy Dalton we must immediately bitch about Dre Kirkpatrick, or the gods of Bengals bitching will not be satisfied!

Dude is not even close to a bust. You want to know what a bust looks like? Ras-I Dowling went two picks before Andy Dalton in the 2011 draft and I'm pretty sure he's flipping burgers at White Castle right now. That's a damn bust.

A-fucking-men

As soon as we stop bitching about Andy Dalton we must immediately bitch about Dre Kirkpatrick, or the gods of Bengals bitching will not be satisfied!

As soon as we stop bitching about Andy Dalton we must immediately bitch about Dre Kirkpatrick, or the gods of Bengals bitching will not be satisfied!

People need to remember this about Kirkpatrick:

He's been in Zimmer's system for 1 1/2 years.  

He's basically sat behind the following guys so far:

Leon Hall - 6yrs in the system

Adam Jones - 5 yrs in the system

Terrence Newman - 5 yrs in the system

Chris Crocker - 5 yrs in the system

This and he was hurt most of the year last year....

Chris Crocker wasn't on this team until well after training camp. What I'd be interested to know is who sees more snaps as a DB, Dre or Crocker.

officially, Dre Kirkpatrick is at 113 career snaps, with a career high 27 against the Jets.

For perspective, Tyler Eifert played 89 snaps Sunday against Baltimore.

And he isn't getting snaps because he isn't good enough. Leon Hall had 10 starts his rookie year. Joseph had 9 starts his rookie year. Obviously, Kirkpatrick missed his rookie year, but this is essentially his rookie season with the benefit of lots of study time, and he can't beat out 35 year old Terrence Newman?

Archived