The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Browns game 2

Back to the original post:

Excellent:

2.5 game lead on all conference opponents with 6 weeks to go.

Good:

Defense/special teams.  Minus one long bomb the D played solid all game and ST stepped their game up.

No sacks against a pretty good DL.  Pollack stepped in and didn't notice him much.

Started to get the run going a little.  Need to keep with the run to help Andy out.

No serious injuries (any word on Boling?)

Bye week coming up

Bad:

The offense early on - I don't really care to argue who's fault it was but they go through stretches where we can't get a drive rolling or sustain one.  Need to take the bye week to get some extra reps and get on the same page.

AJ unable to have any success.  Yeah I get that Haden is a great DB, but I don't see how we can't move AJ around a bit to get his hands no a ball or two (screen, slant, etc.).  Haden has been his kryptonite and we need to figure out a better way to get AJ the ball.

Ugly:

Nothing really ugly in a big divisional win and key Balt loss. 

There was a play yesterday that I thought was a fumble when it was on Cleveland's 5 yard line I think and to me it looked like either Johnson or Dunlap hit Campbell's hand and it was a fumble. I thought for sure Marvin was going to challenge it but he didn't and I was pissed for a sec but we scored shortly after so I let it go. Does anyone recall what I'm talking about?

Shit. YES.

Pretty incredible.  This guy has gone from one of my most hated players to one of my favorites.  I love his professionalism and his no non-sense attitude.  Also love how he looks like he's out for blood every time a camera pans in on him.

Ha. That was a tremendous display of Harrison's sheer strength. He bulled over TWO 300lb plus offensive lineman to get into the endzone. He was a man that would NOT be denied. I did and still feel that the penalty on Thompson was a little ticky-tack, but if I were him, especially after observing Harrison's face on the sidelines and the distance between the man that made the play and the man that caused the penalty that nullified it...I'd be buying James' kids some really nice gifts for Christmas.

Good: Paul Brown said a football team constantly changes so much that teams have to reinvent themselves every four or five games. The bye week gives the Bengals offense a chance for a quick reboot and the timing couldn't be better.

Bad: James Harrison is a bad man.

Ugly: Joe Hayden mugging for the cameras.  

Archived