The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Browns game 2

Glad they won. Glad they overcame another shitty start. Dalton needs to be be better early. I really want Gruden to re-visit the pattern at which he calls games as well, I think it isn't helping early. 

7-4 as they limp into the bye, with a 2.5 game lead on the division, sounds awesome. Confident that healing up and clearing some of the mental cobwebs will help coming off the bye. 

It was a must win, in my mind, and they won. All smiles from here. 

that bootleg pass to Eifert was a sight for sore eyes.

that bootleg pass to Eifert was a sight for sore eyes.

Sure was. No question Dalton has been late on some of the sideline throws the last few weeks, but along with that...it also seems like the defenses, particularly those that know us best in the division, seem to be reading those same outs and jumping them quickly. Whatever they are keying on, they've got it figured out. That's why Jay has to work in some different looks, I think, especially early, to put them back on their heels a bit.

Just a thought. 

"It's playcalling not Dalton" suggest that if Gruden was calling over the middle plays Andy would be playing so much better. Big jump there.

he was talking about calling routes over the middle specifically, not the overall problems with the offense.  He's stated at least 4 times since the end of the game that Dalton didn't play well.  

Sure was. No question Dalton has been late on some of the sideline throws the last few weeks, but along with that...it also seems like the defenses, particularly those that know us best in the division, seem to be reading those same outs and jumping them quickly. Whatever they are keying on, they've got it figured out. That's why Jay has to work in some different looks, I think, especially early, to put them back on their heels a bit.

Just a thought. 

toss in teams dropping 8 in coverage regularly because they don't view the running game as a threat.  

The offense needs to get back to taking what the defense gives them and saying thank you.  

If they are going to drop 8 in coverage, you run it down their throats and throw short, efficient passes and go on long drives.  If they decide to cheat up, you take your shots deep.  

The Ugly - The "Long Distance Fan of the Game" came "all the way" from Albany NY.......1400 miles.........I flew from SYDNEY FREAKIN AUSTRALIA.........pretty sure I had that 1400 crap covered!!!!!

Gotta find out HOW the hell to apply for that fan gig!!!!!

Otherwise was GREAT to be in Nati and GREATER to get a win!!!!!!

glad you got to see a memorable win, bro! sounds like it was all worth it!

Just got back from the game.  Two observations.

1.  Driving in thunder storms and tornado warnings suck.

2.  See number #1

Actually no real observations other than a couple questions.

1.  Is 44 ( Dye ) for real or is he just an anomaly ?  I thought for what he did, he played very well.

2.  Is there any report back on Burfict or Kirkpatrick's injury ?

Good: Win

Bad: Offense

Ugly:   Dalton critics.  Clearly the WRs are running the wrong routes and Jay Gruden is telling him to throw into double coverage late, telling Dalton to lock onto his guy and throw it into coverage, doesn't matter if you have Gio wide open in the middle of the field....... how can he call those plays?  Shitty Gruden.  The line sucked as well, everything sucked so poor Andy didn't look super awesome.   Fixing this offense is easy.....get all new line, WRs and OC.  Keep the sure thing in Dalton, otherwise, clean house.   There's simply no excuse any more for how this offense is holding Dalton back. 

The Ugly - The "Long Distance Fan of the Game" came "all the way" from Albany NY.......1400 miles.........I flew from SYDNEY FREAKIN AUSTRALIA.........pretty sure I had that 1400 crap covered!!!!!

Gotta find out HOW the hell to apply for that fan gig!!!!!

Otherwise was GREAT to be in Nati and GREATER to get a win!!!!!!

I had a buddy of mine fly in from Afghanistan and he didn't get it either last year.  However, the guys at the game made sure he forgot all about it when all was said and done.  Glad the Bengals could at least show you a win.

Good: Win

Bad: Offense

Ugly:   Dalton critics.  Clearly the WRs are running the wrong routes and Jay Gruden is telling him to throw into double coverage late, telling Dalton to lock onto his guy and throw it into coverage, doesn't matter if you have Gio wide open in the middle of the field....... how can he call those plays?  Shitty Gruden.  The line sucked as well, everything sucked so poor Andy didn't look super awesome.   Fixing this offense is easy.....get all new line, WRs and OC.  Keep the sure thing in Dalton, otherwise, clean house.   There's simply no excuse any more for how this offense is holding Dalton back. 

don't worry Khat, our resident coaches on this board will make sure that all gets ironed out over the bye.  they vow to take no days off and hit the film room 6:00am sharp tomorrow morning.

Just got back from the game.  Two observations.

1.  Driving in thunder storms and tornado warnings suck.

2.  See number #1

Actually no real observations other than a couple questions.

1.  Is 44 ( Dye ) for real or is he just an anomaly ?  I thought for what he did, he played very well.

2.  Is there any report back on Burfict or Kirkpatrick's injury ?

did Dye do anything other than the return?  Not to diminish it, but it was kind of a right place, right time thing.  

Oh for fuckssake, don't be that guy. They have completed plenty of balls over the middle this year. Even short middle (those nice checkdowns to Gio, for instance). No reason to be a complete dink. 

ill be whoever I want.  the passes to gio are fine, the other stuff being crammed into the middle of the field is a scary situation to put Dalton in.  period. I don't know, because I don't pretend to be a coach, but confidence may be lost in him right now.

Jesus JB you are predictable. (Really its not Andy?)

Yes Gruden needs to be held to task for not using the middle of the field and a few of us talked about that a few weeks ago, but Andy played like ass, stop obfuscating that.

When I said "its play calling not dalton" I was referring to not calling passes over the middle/not being able to complete those passes. Im saying that Dalton CAN complete those passes and it isnt because he cant that Gruden isnt calling them. I dont know why Gruden isnt calling them, but thats on him not andy.

Now the next part of my post said dalton played bad. I never said he didnt. Dalton played very bad today IMO. Im not saying that if they start calling plays over the middle he will suddenly be awesome, but I do think play calling does have a very big impact on his performance. 

Dalton still has to execute on the plays that are called, but gruden can definitely make it easier for him by using more of the field than just the sideline.

I dont think there is anything wrong with saying that...

Archived