Do people forget the injuries this team had to overcome?

Were all fucking pissed but everyone needs to stop jumping all over everyone.

Injuries arent an excuse, no reason we should have lost that game today.

But yes, we are going to get a lot of guys back from injury next season and will have a chance to be even better then we were this year. A reason to be optimistic shouldnt be shit on.

For this game though, not a good excuse.

Geno disappears at time too though brother. I think this shit was written

Geno disappears because he gets double teamed, freeing up guys like Dunlap and MJ.

MJ had 1 sack this year after Geno got hurt. Thats 1 sack in I think 8 games. He had a total of 14 in the previous 24 he had played with Atkins.

Geno is huge for this defense and we really need him to come back healthy and stay healthy in order to be good again next year.

Geno disappears at time too though brother. I think this shit was written

Geno disappears when double teamed which should free others up. No doubt this team is better with those guys than without.

That said, this team was still favored to win this game and I beat the Chargers are also missing key guys that we never heard of because we are Bengals fans and not Charger fans.

Gilberry made about 5X the plays MJ made this year while getting paid about 4X less.  We can't even use run support as an excuse, because the other day, I saw that teams were running for 4.6 YPC when going at MJ.  

Geno disappears because he gets double teamed, freeing up guys like Dunlap and MJ.

MJ had 1 sack this year after Geno got hurt. Thats 1 sack in I think 8 games. He had a total of 14 in the previous 24 he had played with Atkins.

Geno is huge for this defense and we really need him to come back healthy and stay healthy in order to be good again next year.

Yep.

Geno is why the rest of our Dline was getting sacks. It's why I was not worried about the possibility of losing MJ.

Gilberry made about 5X the plays MJ made this year while getting paid about 4X less.  We can't even use run support as an excuse, because the other day, I saw that teams were running for 4.6 YPC when going at MJ.  

Yeah, I wouldnt give MJ a big deal at all. Id give him like 4-5M a year tops. Atkins getting hurt showed that MJ was pretty overrated. Not a bad guy to have on your team, and I still like the guy, but he isnt a top notch DE.

Were all fucking pissed but everyone needs to stop jumping all over everyone.

Injuries arent an excuse, no reason we should have lost that game today.
But yes, we are going to get a lot of guys back from injury next season and will have a chance to be even better then we were this year. A reason to be optimistic shouldnt be shit on.

For this game though, not a good excuse.

I agree except that the title of the thread makes it an excuse thread. If it were something like, 14 will be great since we got xyz coming back I think the thread would not be taking the turn it has.

Yep.

Geno is why the rest of our Dline was getting sacks. It's why I was not worried about the possibility of losing MJ.

Yeah, the D did a great job of surviving without Atkins, but this D is a lot better with him on the team. I truly think we win that game if he plays. Easily maybe even.

Once again, it doesnt excuse the loss, but does give you some reasons to be optimistic for 2014.

I think this thread goes to show how excited we should be about next year.  I know we say it every year, but we are missing the leagues best 4-3 interior lineman and the leagues best slot cornerback.

Sure, it doesn't fix our turnover prone QB, but it turns touchdowns into field goals.

A new coach would be nice, though.

Until the next guy in 2014 gets hurt

Sorry but the injuries thing is weak sauce

Just think, you could impregnate a woman and she could birth a child in the time before we have to watch these guys again.

Hell his spawn could impregnate a woman and give birth before we won a playoff game again.

:ninja:?

Until the next guy in 2014 gets hurt

Sorry but the injuries thing is weak sauce

1. Yes injuries happen. But Geno is our best player on our team hands down. He is better than AJ, and I personally dont think it is as close as some. I love AJ, but I think Geno is more valuable. His injury, IMO, would be similar to the chiefs losing Jamal Charles for the season. Maybe not quite to that extent, but close. KC would not have made the playoffs without jamal charles.

2. No one is really saying its an excuse, outside the OP. Most people are just trying to be optimistic for 2014. Not everything has to be negative today!

1. Yes injuries happen. But Geno is our best player on our team hands down. He is better than AJ, and I personally dont think it is as close as some. I love AJ, but I think Geno is more valuable. His injury, IMO, would be similar to the chiefs losing Jamal Charles for the season. Maybe not quite to that extent, but close. KC would not have made the playoffs without jamal charles.

2. No one is really saying its an excuse, outside the OP. Most people are just trying to be optimistic for 2014. Not everything has to be negative today!

My point is that this team doesnt have the mental make up to take it to the next level. There is no mental toughness. 

I dont know what its going to take to fix that.

My point is that this team doesnt have the mental make up to take it to the next level. There is no mental toughness. 

I dont know what its going to take to fix that.

A new head coach...

Agree.

Which I doubt happens.

Agree.

I may have said this already today (not sure if it was here or in a text message), but at this point there is NO amount of regular season success that will make me hopeful that this team will win a playoff game, much less go to a Super Bowl.  I don't care if they go 14-2 next year and win by an average of 14 points, I will not discount their ability to absolutely shit the bed when the spotlights get turned on.  We've seen it too many times now.

All teams this time of year have injuries. The good teams overcome.

The other teams make excuses. 

I am tired of rooting for the team that never overcomes. 

NE replaced almost its entire receiving corps, lost Hernandez, Gronk most of the season and plenty of good to great players. Don't have as much talent as us yet they seem to find a way.

Archived