With the 55th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select Jeremy Hill, RB LSU!!

It was over the top because I mentioned like 6 guys who were vulnerable.

My money is on Peerman (see above).  It's his time.

Special Teams Captain is a young man's game.  You need to move up to a returner, or make some strides at your nominal position to stick around long.

Not sure exactly what I was expecting from Hill, but he comes across really, really well in his phone interview:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Jeremy-Hill-Phone-Conference-Transcript/0cfa67c7-0e2e-4ce2-b673-e2c264f5b1e9

Just seems like an intelligent guy with a lot of knowledge about the NFL. Surprisingly mature and seems like a pretty good dude. 

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like this pick. It's a passing league and we needed Oline help a lot more than a power back...especially one that's a criminal.

RB's can be found in any round...this really feels like a waste of a second round pick.

We needed a stud RB more than another O-lineman. A player of Hill's caliber is hardly a waste.

As some have said, could be Burkhead or Peerman on the way out.

Could boil down to a numbers game, but Burkhead has untapped potential as a 3rd down back. It would be a tough call between he and Peerman. Both are top-notch people with more than a little game. The depth we are building at RB is a nice problem to have.

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like this pick. It's a passing league and we needed Oline help a lot more than a power back...especially one that's a criminal.

RB's can be found in any round...this really feels like a waste of a second round pick.

Well the dude is a pass catcher, so that's something.

And which is more likely to be better, the #2 RB in the nation or the dozenth OG?

Not sure exactly what I was expecting from Hill, but he comes across really, really well in his phone interview:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Jeremy-Hill-Phone-Conference-Transcript/0cfa67c7-0e2e-4ce2-b673-e2c264f5b1e9

Just seems like an intelligent guy with a lot of knowledge about the NFL. Surprisingly mature and seems like a pretty good dude. 

Thanks for recommending.  Let me second this. If you still happen to have any reservations about this guy, listen to the interview.  Not what I was expecting at all.  Dare I say it, but the last player that came across that well to me in an interview was Gio Bernard. Same attitude, humility, articulateness...great stuff.  We may really have something here.

Thanks for recommending.  Let me second this. If you still happen to have any reservations about this guy, listen to the interview.  Not what I was expecting at all.  Dare I say it, but the last player that came across that well to me in an interview was Gio Bernard. Same attitude, humility, articulateness...great stuff.  We may really have something here.

I like the way all of our rookies have sounded.  

There were a ton of great little nuggets in the interviews on .com. First, was that Jackson told him they though his game reminded them of La'Veon Bell, who they were really high on last year but went with Gio.  Now they've got their one-two punch! Second, after listening to it all I just don't understand how you couldn't feel good about the kid's character.  This wasn't coaching. It was straight talk from a guy who was very comfortable in his skin. I don't know much about Carlos Hyde, but the immaturity and underachiever labels he's been dogged by won't be anything we'll have to worry about with Hill.

And the thing Caskey seemed to jump on with the most enthusiasm when comparing them, other than the pro-style offense and his ability to pass protect, was his elusiveness.  He said Carlos had much bigger lanes to run through because of his offense and Hill didn't have that and had to make more out of less (paraphrasing).

I like the way all of our rookies have sounded.  

Yeah, it seems to be a recurring theme year after year now, doesn't it?  I haven't listened to the other two yet, but I will now. From listening to Jay talk about Clarke I've already got a good feeling; seems like he'll be another blue-collar type player.

And the thing Caskey seemed to jump on with the most enthusiasm when comparing them, other than the pro-style offense and his ability to pass protect, was his elusiveness.  He said Carlos had much bigger lanes to run through because of his offense and Hill didn't have that and had to make more out of less (paraphrasing).

I took it more that Hill showed in college the ability to work in a more congested field like he will in the pros, so that's one less question mark for him.

Yeah, it seems to be a recurring theme year after year now, doesn't it?  I haven't listened to the other two yet, but I will now. From listening to Jay talk about Clarke I've already got a good feeling; seems like he'll be another blue-collar type player.

I liked hearing Dennard saying he didn't take the invitation to NYC to stay at home and have a big cookout party for the local kids to thank the area for their support, and then to watch the draft with friends and family.  

I took it more that Hill showed in college the ability to work in a more congested field like he will in the pros, so that's one less question mark for him.

That's sort of how I took it also. Not really elusiveness in terms of making guys miss. But ability to spot and squirt through smaller holes. Basically were saying that Hyde had some monster holes to run through a lot of the time (in part due to style of offense and the running threat of Braxton Miller) whereas Hill had smaller holes that he had to find which is how it is in the NFL. 

I was actually a little surprised they were so specific in their comparisons, but it made for an interesting press conference.

We needed a stud RB more than another O-lineman. A player of Hill's caliber is hardly a waste.

We need both, depending on which is the best value when we pick.  Hill was bpa so there you go.

Remember the Bengals always draft bpa over need.  It seems to be working.  Why gripe?

I think people read too much into selections. Just like Eifert was some grand statement on Gresh or lack of a safety was validation of not needing.

The true reality is the bengals draft low in the rounds. That's because they are good and a reflection of a solid roster. They are just letting the draft come to them and picking best player at that time.

Rb was there because 4 o-line went before that and value for backs was good. That's evident with other teams Rb picks surrounding the selection.

I saw multiple reports that said "very intelligent".

Green Ellis is definitely gone. You don't draft a 2nd round RB to sit on the bench, and they won't pay Green Ellis nearly $3 million to be be a small part of a 3 man rotation.

He could be on the bench, Margus Hunt was/is. Sorry, had to take my weekly shot there. Seriously if he's better than BJGE, he'll play and BJGE will be gone.

He's not that expensive and good insurance.  Why not keep him unless he flat can't play?

I agree he is good and provides good insurance.  I just think we bought volcano insurance and live nowhere within the radius of an active volcano.  Perhaps we needed a Defensive lineman or an Offensive lineman a wee bit more than another RB.

As Blueridge stated; we did upgrade.  However, why buy new tires for your car before you repair a blown engine ?

Archived