With the 55th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select Jeremy Hill, RB LSU!!

I like the CD comparison...he has cutback, has open field speed (as opposed to breakaway) once he has a step he's not going to get caught from behind.  One thing I would like to see is CD's jackhammer stiffarm--with that the transformation would be complete.

Aside from the injury to Irons, the bengals through their entire history have hit homeruns with their 2nd rd RBs.   Hell, just based on that I'm excited by the pick.

The turnover of coordinators might be playing into the ability/desire to upgrade good players with younger similar players.   The previous guys had loyalty and confidence in their vets...that doesn't necessarily carry over to their replacements.   Unless Clarke and Hill are boneheads with the playbook or get hurt, I can't see Jumpy Jr and BJGE taking up the cap space...I believe in the neighborhood of $6 mil collectively.

This is what I was concerned about....
The Bengals said they also did their diligence off the field. Hill was arrested on sexual assault charges while in high school, and he was arrested again in April 2013 after being caught on video punching a man outside a bar near campus. For the latter, he was given a six-month suspended jail sentence and two years probation. Hill is on probation until July 2015.

But what I liked is they had him rated in the top 40 of their board and got him at 55. Picked the best player instead of going to need.  It totally surprised me for sure!!!

I'm very concerned about the person, not the player....

Yeah hopefully all that stuff is behind him

This is what I was concerned about....
The Bengals said they also did their diligence off the field. Hill was arrested on sexual assault charges while in high school, and he was arrested again in April 2013 after being caught on video punching a man outside a bar near campus. For the latter, he was given a six-month suspended jail sentence and two years probation. Hill is on probation until July 2015.

But what I liked is they had him rated in the top 40 of their board and got him at 55. Picked the best player instead of going to need.  It totally surprised me for sure!!!

I'm very concerned about the person, not the player....

No, Hill's probation was lifted earlier this spring. The newspapers in Louisiana were all over it.

No, Hill's probation was lifted earlier this spring. The newspapers in Louisiana were all over it.

Interesting as this quote was from today's Cincinnati.com article...

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2014/05/09/bengals-draft-jeremy-hill/8924315/

I hope that he is no longer on probation and the Enquirer has it wrong.  I hope he has learned his lesson and works out great for us. I was never BJGE fan....

Green Ellis is definitely gone. You don't draft a 2nd round RB to sit on the bench, and they won't pay Green Ellis nearly $3 million to be be a small part of a 3 man rotation.

Agreed.  No way you pay a guy that much to be part of a RB committee where he would probably see the least carries if any at all. 

I don't think he'll catch on with another team....he's not very good. 

Almost 90 % of us Bengals wanted to upgrade from BJGE and now we finally get our wish. Love the pick and now we have a great one to two punch. My underachieving over paid check list.
Cook
BJGE
GEATHERS
MAUALUGA

They were so adamant about BJGE at that.....SO glad Hill was picked.  I stated a few times I'd rather have Carlos Hyde but after considering all things, learning of Hill more and more, I love the pick and it makes complete sense why he was the pick over Hyde.  I was dumb in wanting Hyde before him....

Rudi! Rudi! Rudi! lol...but seriously, that brings back memories

I hope Rudi is doin alright. Never really heard any stories about him after football. He made enough so that he should be rather comfortable, but ya never know

I hope Rudi is doin alright. Never really heard any stories about him after football. He made enough so that he should be rather comfortable, but ya never know

I dunno, he was blowing through cash as bad as Chad for awhile.  He was on Cribbs once and he had like 6 cars.

He has a charitable foundation in Petersburg VA that looks current.  Seems to be doing OK.

Rudi had an auction a couple years ago and auctioned off a ton of stuff that was in his house in Cincinnati. He even auctioned off stuff that he got when he was with the Bengals like game balls and pro bowl stuff.

Rudi had an auction a couple years ago and auctioned off a ton of stuff that was in his house in Cincinnati. He even auctioned off stuff that he got when he was with the Bengals like game balls and pro bowl stuff.

oh yea, he was auctioning off his furniture and stuff.  Probably not a good sign.

Some of the proceeds went to his foundation

lol i remember when he was all salty when we cut him.  Saying something like I wish them luck, they're going to need it.  He ended up going to the 0-16 Detroit Lions..

Fun back to watch though.

Archived