With the 55th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select Jeremy Hill, RB LSU!!

For everyone worried about not taking Hyde, FWIW i saw several evaluations this year that had Hill higher.

they're really pretty close.  Hyde had bigger games, but Hill had much better competition.  I liked Hyde a little more, but there's not much separating them.  I think Hyde had a little more wiggle, but I think Hill has a little more top end speed.

As hue said, dude averaged 6ypc in the SEC at 233lbs...

they're really pretty close.  Hyde had bigger games, but Hill had much better competition.  I liked Hyde a little more, but there's not much separating them.  I think Hyde had a little more wiggle, but I think Hill has a little more top end speed.

And the defenses he played against were WAAAY faster than the boys in the big 10.

And Hue knows his shit. I like this pick a lot. He fits the AFC North style IMO

Just a fraction under 7 YPC.

203 rushes, 1,401 yards. 

"He's a bigger RB, almost 6-1 233, he shared time. 1400 yards and almost 7 YPC. Not quite as explosive, but he's durable, productive, real competitor and he's got great hands."

Duke Tobin's take

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/videos/Scouts-Take-RBs/a6d8f0b1-4e7f-4647-bb38-24cc4a298e57

He's actually almost 6'2 son!

For everyone worried about not taking Hyde, FWIW i saw several evaluations this year that had Hill higher.

They're pretty much the same guy. Even as a Buckeye/B1G homer, you have to give Hill the big advantage in terms of competition though. 

I'm guessing that was the separating factor for the Bengals as we have picked SEC a ton in recent years.

They're pretty much the same guy. Even as a Buckeye/B1G homer, you have to give Hill the big advantage in terms of competition though. 

I'm guessing that was the separating factor for the Bengals as we have picked SEC a ton in recent years.

I think Hill's ball security may have tipped the scales towards him. It had to be a close call between the two.

I think Hill's ball security may have tipped the scales towards him. It had to be a close call between the two.

Yeah, they'll never say. But would be really curious to see their grades and how close they had the 2. 

I saw Mayock and Jeremiah both say they had them really close but thought Hyde had just a little more burst in the open field. 

Apparently teams were really impressed with Hill's ability catching in private workouts. 

Yeah, they'll never say. But would be really curious to see their grades and how close they had the 2. 

I saw Mayock and Jeremiah both say they had them really close but thought Hyde had just a little more burst in the open field. 

Apparently teams were really impressed with Hill's ability catching in private workouts. 

per Hue, Hill was a better system fit. 

per Hue, Hill was a better system fit. 

Probably has to do a lot with his pass catching too. Like Jason said, he doesn't tip your hand when you switch him and Gio in and out. As a homer, I was ready to be geeked for Hyde, but Hill makes more sense the more I look at them side by side.

probably my favorite movie last year

Going tomorrow to see neighbors with the wife. My buddy is an AMC manager in Cincy and he sees all the movies early said it was the funniest movie in a while that he's seen. 

Haven't watched a lot of this guy but does he have a little Corey Dillon in him? 

I'd take that all day. 

Archived