With the 55th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Bengals Select Jeremy Hill, RB LSU!!

Going tomorrow to see neighbors with the wife. My buddy is an AMC manager in Cincy and he sees all the movies early said it was the funniest movie in a while that he's seen. 

I'd take that all day. 

Yep

Yeah, they'll never say. But would be really curious to see their grades and how close they had the 2. 

I saw Mayock and Jeremiah both say they had them really close but thought Hyde had just a little more burst in the open field. 

Apparently teams were really impressed with Hill's ability catching in private workouts.

Hill a little better passing option too

I like the pick (he was on my list), and to me he was the best in-between the tackles runner in the draft. He can be the battering ram to loosen up the defense for Bernard to pop. Outstanding size (the best of all the RB prospects) and is of that old school Corey Dillon mold (with all the arrests that come with it). But I think Marvin can keep him in line hopefully, because if so, he strengthens the Bengals offense as the last piece to the puzzle (as far as RB & WR).

Jeremy Hill does remind me of Corey Dillon.

Listening to Marvin's press conference, he mentions his college offense.

LSU had former Ravens OC Cam Cameron as their OC. Very much an NFL, pro style offense. 

Hyde is coming out of the read option spread. 

Makes the projection easier for the Bengals. Less of a transition for Hill than Hyde.

For those of us who wanted Blount

No. 4 Jeremy Hill
Pros:
Ideal size and measurements
Power back with ability to burst through second level
Can carry whole work load
Cons:
Many red flags off the field
Would be classes top prospect if not for red flags
Power back shelf life short

Fantasy Spin: If a team can look past Hill’s numerous arrests and innocents, he can be the steal of the draft. He can step in day one a contribute to the running game and make any running duo better.  It wouldn’t be surprising if he is best back in five years.
Pro Comparison: LeGarrette Blount
Best Fit: New York Jets

I'd tend to think BJGE sticks this season. Bengal RBs aren't allowed on the field until they know their blocking assignments. However, I think BJGE's carries dip throughout the season, and he's gone next year... Might be good for all concerned. BJGE gets to mentor a rookie. The rookie eases into the NFL, and hopefully avoids some of the physical breakdown wall rookies hit. And BJGE gets to stay a little fresher with the decreased role.

I'd tend to think BJGE sticks this season. Bengal RBs aren't allowed on the field until they know their blocking assignments. However, I think BJGE's carries dip throughout the season, and he's gone next year... Might be good for all concerned. BJGE gets to mentor a rookie. The rookie eases into the NFL, and hopefully avoids some of the physical breakdown wall rookies hit. And BJGE gets to stay a little fresher with the decreased role.

Except the interview with Hue specifically mentions his ability in pass protection. If he can show the ability in camp, BJGE might not make the final cut.

I was ridiculed for a few posts I made in the offseason about cutting some expensive vet cap room.  You can still berate me, but Kyle Cook is gone and Geathers and BJGE just got served some serious notice.  Not For Long.

I was ridiculed for a few posts I made in the offseason about cutting some expensive vet cap room.  You can still berate me, but Kyle Cook is gone and Geathers and BJGE just got served some serious notice.  Not For Long.

i think that was because you mentioned cutting Peko. I dont think anyone loved the three you just mentioned.

Anyone know much about him? Surprised to see him over Hyde

I've seen where several scouts have been adamant that Hill is the superior prospect. Others like Hyde. They are both excellent big backs. This pick surprised me because of the position, not the player. I like it,though. Hill, at 230+, and with those moves and all-around game, is a great addition to our offense. Let's hope he left the red flags back in Baton Rouge.

i think that was because you mentioned cutting Peko. I dont think anyone loved the three you just mentioned.

I didn't suggest cutting Peko. In fact, I said I liked him and would keep him.  (It was Rey I suggested cutting LOL).  I was just pointing out that there were 5 or 6 players who were long in the tooth with big cap values at positions that we could upgrade, and given the mega-extensions we had coming up, it seemed like it was a good place to start trimming.  Hard choices, but ones that good teams have to make IMO.

This pick surprised me because of the position, not the player. I like it,though. Hill, at 230+, and with those moves and all-around game, is a great addition to our offense. Let's hope he left the red flags back in Baton Rouge.

Ditto.  I would have thought G, but perhaps they are happy with what they have or not happy with what's available.  One thing I do know, is that this (like LG, BTW) is one of the few positions where a new guy will see a number of snaps this year if he lives up to his draft status.

I just don't think cap has much to do with it.  If the kids beat him out and he has no role left, then he's gone.  Otherwise, he stays and we drop Peerman or someone like that.

I just don't think cap has much to do with it.  If the kids beat him out and he has no role left, then he's gone.  Otherwise, he stays and we drop Peerman or someone like that.

Well, whatever it is, I know this.  All eyes turn to the O-Line now.  We have arguable the best backs from each of the last two years of the draft, so it's time to make some hay.  Of course, OL upgrades would make that easier.  Which leads me to a point I'll make now on the Draft Day thread.

I didn't suggest cutting Peko. In fact, I said I liked him and would keep him.  (It was Rey I suggested cutting LOL).  I was just pointing out that there were 5 or 6 players who were long in the tooth with big cap values at positions that we could upgrade, and given the mega-extensions we had coming up, it seemed like it was a good place to start trimming.  Hard choices, but ones that good teams have to make IMO.

Not sure, I remember your post and thinking it was over the top. I would be for cutting Geathers, Law Firm and didn't really have an opinion on Cook. I might have just dug my heels in because I didn't want to cut dudes to re-sign players early. Not sure.

Being an OSU homer...I really wanted Hyde but as long as we got the power back we needed its cool.  Big, fast, can catch and doesn't fumble...yeah I'm in.  This will really help Dalton and Gio get the ground game rolling.  Good value and a nice pick. 

How did we get the Best CB and Best RB in the Draft? We are killing this draft so far.

cause we are straight up wiggas.....

Vonblade made me say it...

Being an OSU homer...I really wanted Hyde but as long as we got the power back we needed its cool.  Big, fast, can catch and doesn't fumble...yeah I'm in.  This will really help Dalton and Gio get the ground game rolling.  Good value and a nice pick. 

exact same here....

Not sure, I remember your post and thinking it was over the top. I would be for cutting Geathers, Law Firm and didn't really have an opinion on Cook. I might have just dug my heels in because I didn't want to cut dudes to re-sign players early. Not sure.

It was over the top because I mentioned like 6 guys who were vulnerable.

As some have said, could be Burkhead or Peerman on the way out.

My money is on Peerman (see above).  It's his time.

Archived