Guns in America

MichaelWeston

Excellent. They "get it".

A scenario where the students & teachers arm themselves and repel the bad guys is pure fantasy. They'd be better off with a full-time security guard IMO. Some would argue that a false sense of security is worse than none, but w/e. Not my money, kids, or problem.

A scenario where the students & teachers arm themselves and repel the bad guys is pure fantasy. They'd be better off with a full-time security guard IMO. Some would argue that a false sense of security is worse than none, but w/e. Not my money, kids, or problem.

THIS.

We had school security in the school I went to when I lived in San Antonio

THIS.

We had school security in the school I went to when I lived in San Antonio

Did you read the article? They can't afford security guards. Help is a long way away. Their solution is reasonable, and certainly better than doing nothing.

I bet you also think we should fight obesity with Twinkies,

insomnia with crystal meth and Isis with derogatory cartoons

of the prophet Muhammad.

That makes no sense.

BTW how much does the training they are going to provide cost? Will they have to prove some level of efficiency and if so do they have to continue to "re-certify"  or is it a one time thing? Do they get rage time paid for?

You know...costs...

BTW how much does the training they are going to provide cost? Will they have to prove some level of efficiency and if so do they have to continue to "re-certify"  or is it a one time thing? Do they get rage time paid for?

You know...costs...

Training through the Sheriff's office is sometimes free for teachers, veterans, etc... However, the people who carry need to constantly train and shooting bullets is usually part of the deal. That in itself will be pricey. The thing to ask is what happens when one of these school employees accidentally shoots an innocent person ? They're going to wish that the liability for the shooting rested in the security guards company and not on the school.

To me, if there's enough kids to run a school, there should be enough people to run a law enforcement office closer by. I hear that there's a Texas police officer from McKinney that is going to be looking for employment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zONMBOFNKXI

If neckbeard up there ^^^

walked into 5 Guys, or to make things more clear a movie theater,  strapped like that ^^^

and I had a CCW, well..

Should I still aim center-mass or should I go for the fedora?

Serious question, as my instinct would be to perceive anyone armed like that as a threat. 

Particularly when it looks like they're on a steady diet of Mountain Dew and rejection.  Motherfucker 'bout to try and shoot his way out of the friendzone.

Also, do you think Bill Maher cries when he cuts vegetables or do you think he just lives on cocaine and flavored lattes? Serious question.

I didn't watch the Bill Maher video because he's a self righteous asshole, but I probably agree with him on this. I post on a few gun related boards, and everyone agrees that the guys who do this are complete asshole attention whores who make responsible gun owners look bad.

I didn't watch the Bill Maher video because he's a self righteous asshole, but I probably agree with him on this. I post on a few gun related boards, and everyone agrees that the guys who do this are complete asshole attention whores who make responsible gun owners look bad.

100% this.  Also a danger to themselves and others.  Only a matter of time before a car backfires at one of their rallies & they mow down a few civilians trying to 360-noscope-get-rekt-newb the "active shooter".

As to the school arming itself..  I don't think it's 100% safe yet.  They should add some sandbags so they have defensive positions from which to repel the invaders. Also, going to a central armory would take too long so they should keep their rifles on them at all times.  Proficiency is important, so they should spend a good deal of school time practicing with and maintaining their weapons. If there were an attack it might be difficult to identify the culprit in all the chaos, so they should all have a standard uniform. Something tactical, too - blazers aren't a good idea.

If there were an incident there's a good chance the shooter(s) would be other students, so it'd probably be wise to weed out any malcontents by having everyone take part in rallies and sing patriotic songs.  Anyone that resists will reveal themselves as potential enemies. You could also have classes more focused on instilling discipline under fire and creating a team spirit. Maybe they could create a logo for the kids to wear to show their pride.

Guns however are not always reliable so in case of a jam or misfire it would be smart to issue them bayonets and train them in HtH combat.  The bayonets could even have the logo on them for school spirit.

6e_1s.jpg

It's actually pretty damned funny

CINCINNATI - A 3-year-old boy had been playing with a handgun he found in his home before fatally shooting himself in the chest with it, police said Friday.

In audio tape of a 911 call released by Hamilton police, a woman identifying herself as the mother of Marques Green said she carried the gun in her purse and had set her purse down after getting home.

"My son just shot himself, and I'm not getting a pulse," Elizabeth Green screamed Thursday afternoon. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I'm not getting a pulse ... I don't think he's alive!"

It's the second apparently accidental gunshot death of a young person this month in Hamilton, a city of 62,000 people nearly 30 miles north of Cincinnati.

READ: When is an"accidental shooting" really a crime?

The Butler County prosecutor said he will take the case to a grand jury, probably next week.

Prosecutor Mike Gmoser said Friday that after "a groundswell of attention" about children and guns, grand jurors in the county should hear evidence about how the child had gotten a gun and on whether any charges should be filed.

The woman told a 911 dispatcher the boy had shot himself "in the heart." The dispatcher gave her first aid instructions.

"His eyes are open, but he's out," Green said.

Police said the boy was struck in the chest and pronounced dead at a hospital shortly afterward.

"Oh my God! Marques, honey!" the woman shouted in the call.

TV footage showed a detective carrying a handgun out of the residence Thursday.

A neighbor said she heard a woman screaming and ran to her balcony to see what was happening.

"She was holding her son and he was lifeless, just completely lifeless," Amanda Reed, who lives across the street, told WLWT-TV.

Earlier Thursday, a 16-year-old boy was arraigned in juvenile court on a charge of reckless homicide after the June 3 shooting of a 14-year-old Hamilton boy.

Investigators have said they believe the boys were playing with a gun when it discharged, striking Gabriel Mejia in the head. He died last week. An attorney for the 16-year-old boy said the defense plans to enter a not-guilty plea.

Archived