The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

We were winning before the fumble. The D was playing decent football until the 4th quarter.

We were losing the game before Andy and AJ combined for a 81 yard TD pass.

Whats your point? Just cause we were winning when we had a turnover doesnt excuse the D from collapsing.

Anyone that can defend the D today is either mildly retarded or doesnt know football. Which one are you jamie?

The defense sucked but let's not pretend 7 points in the second half was going to get it done. Team was outplayed and coaches once again out coached in second half. The second half adjustments of a Marvin Lewis coached team are the stuff of Fairy Tales.

We were winning before the fumble. The D was playing decent football until the 4th quarter.

Your "Ugly" list included: "People already coming to Andy's defense"

That's a slam on us, your fellow posters, implying anyone who doesn't want to string Dalton up and blame him for the loss is an idiot , when in fact Andy played a VERY good game.

You have to think the fumble took some wind out of the entire teams sail.   We had to drive down the field and respond.  Watching your quarterback fumble a read option is almost as hard to watch as when he just dove and fumbled during the SD game.  It just kills any momentum that we had from the AJ strike.

so to be clear your argument is that Dalton turnovers deflate the team because they had no faith in him, causing losses.

correct?

yes

Your "Ugly" list included: "People already coming to Andy's defense"

That's a slam on us, your fellow posters, implying anyone who doesn't want to string Dalton up and blame him for the loss is an idiot , when in fact Andy played a VERY good game.

Only one person has called anyone an idiot in this thread and it isn't me.

You have to think the fumble took some wind out of the entire teams sail.   We had to drive down the field and respond.  Watching your quarterback fumble a read option is almost as hard to watch as when he just dove and fumbled during the SD game.  It just kills any momentum that we had from the AJ strike.

I don't know how anyone watching the game couldn't see that

We were losing the game before Andy and AJ combined for a 81 yard TD pass.

Whats your point? Just cause we were winning when we had a turnover doesnt excuse the D from collapsing.

Anyone that can defend the D today is either mildly retarded or doesnt know football. Which one are you jamie?

Who's defending the D? I'm simply saying that they quit after Dalton fumbled. You are awfully mad and have some issue with calling people names in this thread. Perhaps you should go count to 10 or something

See my post about the colts game. Andrew luck handed the browns 14 points and essentially a 21-7 lead. But did their D or rest of the team just quit?

I have no desire to root for players that quit because of one bad play, especially when they are still winning.

yes

ok, so your argument is that Dalton turnovers causes his teammates to have no faith in him (and we'll just ignore the fact that half the team just spent the week talking about how much respect they have for him gutting out last week).

So Dalton turnovers cause losses, agreed?

Bengals have 4 losses, in 2 of them Dalton has 0 turnovers.  In fact, he has 5 TD's to 4 INT's in losses this year and has a 115 or better passer rating in two of the Bengals 4 losses (my math may be fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure that's better than the 90 that seems to be expected of him).  

So, your next excuse is?

Who's defending the D? I'm simply saying that they quit after Dalton fumbled. You are awfully mad and have some issue with calling people names in this thread. Perhaps you should go count to 10 or something

yes, I suppose they did alright in the first 3 quarters before the fumble where they gave up 20 points and 368yds. :)

it was just that fumble with 13 minutes left that did them in.

I'm done putting the blame on the players. If it was Dalton's fumble that switched the tone of the game, its the fucking coaches jobs to pull the guys together and get them focused and on the same goddamn line. Too many times a bad thing happens, and the ENTIRE team shuts down. There is a reason why our team doesn't know what the fuck they're doing after these situations. Because the man leading them into battle has no earthly fucking idea what he's doing.

These players for the most part deserve to be lead by capable people. Marvin and his band of cronies are incompetent as fuck.

See my post about the colts game. Andrew luck handed the browns 14 points and essentially a 21-7 lead. But did their D or rest of the team just quit?

I have no desire to root for players that quit because of one bad play, especially when they are still winning.

We are not the Colts.  This team is mentally fragile, the Colts are not.  Their playoff win against KC last year shows that, whereas this team can take maybe one punch to the mouth and stay in it, but a couple hits to the chin and they fold.

ok, so your argument is that Dalton turnovers causes his teammates to have no faith in him (and we'll just ignore the fact that half the team just spent the week talking about how much respect they have for him gutting out last week).

So Dalton turnovers cause losses, agreed?

Bengals have 4 losses, in 2 of them Dalton has 0 turnovers.  In fact, he has 5 TD's to 4 INT's in losses this year and has a 115 or better passer rating in two of the Bengals 4 losses (my math may be fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure that's better than the 90 that seems to be expected of him).  

So, your next excuse is?

In this game they quit. The context I am applying is that he's done this all year and this was the straw that broke the camels back and they quit on him. Apparently I need to be more clear

In this game they quit. The context I am applying is that he's done this all year and this was the straw that broke the camels back and they quit on him. Apparently I need to be more clear

or you could keep backtracking. :lol:

you very clearly stated that its been a consistent theme all season that the team quits after Dalton turnovers.

Even though 9 of Dalton's 15 turnovers have come in wins.  I guess Dalton and the offense had built up big enough leads in those wins that the team quit and still managed to win. ;)

Just to clarify, I thought Andy played a great game today.  This is the kind of game where he comes out and gets a little antsy in the pocket and throws sail on him or he makes some bad decisions throwing into coverage.  But that fumble shifted the tide of this game.  Maybe not the sole reason we lost, but if we drive down the field and kick a field goal and put Pittsburgh back against the wall instead, it's coming down to whomever has the ball at the end of the game.

Archived