The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Stealers game 2

The Good:

We get Jacksonville and SD or KC instead of Denver and Indy.

We are in the playoffs

The Bad:

We are most likely going to continue the playoff win drought next week and will be first round fodder for a much better Indy team.

Thing is there haven't been a lot of teams make the long FGs in Pitt.

I get that it doesnt happen often, but why cant we be a team that does things that dont happen often? Or that only really good teams do? Just saying. I dont blame nuge at all, just wish he would have stepped up and made a huge play for us even though FGs are always considered huge plays.

By the way, does anyone remember the last time Dalton had a really good game? I mean, it seems like FOREVER. He hasnt been terrible Andy all season, but I can barely remember earlier this year when I had a lot of confidence in him. I was a Dalton fan (not a defender but fairly realistic)... and it really seems like he has regressed so far as the year has gone on that I actually never would have thought he would be so ineffective/indecisive this far into his career.

The other good is this team didnt really give up  (until the way end) after getting punched in the mouth. They didnt play all that great, had 2 INTs, a punt return for a TD, and yet they still had a good chance to win with 5 mins left up until AJs fumble.

I feel like in the past we would have lost this game by 20 plus. Not that it means anything when you dont win the game, but still...trying to find some optimism! haha

Would be interesting to see what would have happened had aj not fumbled. I really think Andy and Jeremy would have led a TD drive.

I just love how people here are calling AJ overrated.

Overrated in the sense that people try to act like he is a top 3 WR? Absolutely. He is not a top 3 WR. Top 3 talent, maybe, but not top 3 effort or mental capablity.

He's good, no doubt. Just not top 3 like people on here try to act like he is.

By the way, does anyone remember the last time Dalton had a really good game? I mean, it seems like FOREVER. He hasnt been terrible Andy all season, but I can barely remember earlier this year when I had a lot of confidence in him. I was a Dalton fan (not a defender but fairly realistic)... and it really seems like he has regressed so far as the year has gone on that I actually never would have thought he would be so ineffective/indecisive this far into his career.

Probably new orleans. 

Guess that means hes due???

Overrated in the sense that people try to act like he is a top 3 WR? Absolutely. He is not a top 3 WR. Top 3 talent, maybe, but not top 3 effort or mental capablity.

He's good, no doubt. Just not top 3 like people on here try to act like he is.

Taking dalton completely out of the picture...

I dont understand how you could watch that game and not be upset with AJ? Im not saying that because AJ played bad it give dalton a free pass at all. It doesnt. Neither of them played great. But stop talking about andy for a minute and just look at AJ. If you arent disappointed in his play today then you are missing something.

When I Say "You" I dont mean you big dish.

I get that it doesnt happen often, but why cant we be a team that does things that dont happen often? Or that only really good teams do? Just saying. I dont blame nuge at all, just wish he would have stepped up and made a huge play for us even though FGs are always considered huge plays.

This is such a weird thing to be upset about. Even good teams miss them in that stadium. Much bigger issues.

I'll take a top 3 talent player over...ugh.

Its too late for this shit, isn't it, Elijah? I'm gonna drop it hahaha

I dont get why you cant judge AJ on his own merits and play wihout bringing dalton into the picture. No one is saying Dalton played like an all pro tonight or even played well.

But take dalton out of the picture and just like at AJs performance and no way can you be happy with his game today. Same with his game vs SD. Doesnt mean anything about Dalton. You can judge them individually it doesnt have to be one vs the other.

This is such a weird thing to be upset about. Even good teams miss them in that stadium. Much bigger issues.

Lol im not upset about it, I said it wasnt even an ugly. Just a missed opportunity for a big play and a point that many guys on our team miss the opportunities to make big plays in big games.

I dont get why you cant judge AJ on his own merits and play wihout bringing dalton into the picture. No one is saying Dalton played like an all pro tonight or even played well.

But take dalton out of the picture and just like at AJs performance and no way can you be happy with his game today. Same with his game vs SD. Doesnt mean anything about Dalton. You can judge them individually it doesnt have to be one vs the other.

Already called him out. Fuck do you want from me

I'll take a top 3 talent player over...ugh.

Its too late for this shit, isn't it, Elijah? I'm gonna drop it hahaha

I'm not bashing him, but lets be realistic. When the big lights come on, he is one of the biggest shrinkers on the team. He is incredibly unclutch.

If AJ had Steve Smiths effort, or Dez Bryants effort, or Calvin Johnsons effort, or Jeremy Hills effort, or Heath Millers effort, or about 30 other pass catchers effort, he would be unstoppable

His effort often lacks, and his head seems to be completely out of some games.

I dont understand how you could watch that game and not be upset with AJ? Im not saying that because AJ played bad it give dalton a free pass at all. It doesnt. Neither of them played great. But stop talking about andy for a minute and just look at AJ. If you arent disappointed in his play today then you are missing something.

6 days ago AJ couldn't lift his arm above his head. Does Dalton have an arm injury?

Yeah exactly

I really feel like we just lost a playoff game and aren't even excited for next week. We needed to duplicate last weeks game plan formula and we didn't. That shit wins games not some fucking wild cat shit. Run the fucking ball and play good defense.

How hard is it to defend the Wildcat when your QB almost NEVER keeps it and runs?

6 days ago AJ couldn't lift his arm above his head. Does Dalton have an arm injury?

Jesus dude can you fucking read. I said this isnt about Andy vs AJ. Im not defending andy or saying andy played well.

Im saying AJ didnt play well and made some costly plays. If he wasnt healthy enough to play or hold onto a ball, maybe he shouldnt have played?

Thanks for making my point though.

For me, its not just this game. Its a fair amount of games. He is great in many  games, good in others, and sometimes just a total non factor (just so happens that today he played a significant part in losing the game). Hes generally pretty damn good, but hes just not as good as some people want to make him out to be, especially in big games when the team needs him the most.

Archived